Lucy Letby Case #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on discussing...

Further info found in the wiki.

Reactions: 10
I actually hope she is guilty. Because I don't believe those babies all died due to NHS failings (which were undoubtedly there), or that the near misses were down to NHS failings either.

If it wasn't LL, then who?

That doesnt mean I wont listen to the evidence, but it means I hope they've got the right person.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I actually hope she is guilty. Because I don't believe those babies all died due to NHS failings (which were undoubtedly there), or that the near misses were down to NHS failings either.

If it wasn't LL, then who?

That doesnt mean I wont listen to the evidence, but it means I hope they've got the right person.
That’s exactly how I feel.

Reactions: 14
It's awful either way lets be honest, if the babies died because of gross incompetence that is horrific in itself, but if they died from murder? Even worse. I can't convince myself it's the former though, there's just too any instances however tit the NHS can be.

Reactions: 23
Can we have the guilty/ not guilty poll again? Would be good to see how peoples opinions are swaying x

Reactions: 19
I hear you but at the sane time there must be flimsy evidence as why would anyone guilty want this to go to trial ? You'd plead guilty and take a sentence. She's either nuts and is a massive risk taker hoping she would be found innocent or she is innocent, but I don't believe that this is huge misfailing of the NHS either... and why is it lasting 6 months? That is a HUGE amount of trial time that's not that common which again makes me believe it's not that straightforward. I don't know at this point what to believe
It's awful either way lets be honest, if the babies died because of gross incompetence that is horrific in itself, but if they died from murder? Even worse. I can't convince myself it's the former though, there's just too any instances however tit the NHS can be.

Reactions: 7
I hear you but at the sane time there must be flimsy evidence as why would anyone guilty want this to go to trial ? You'd plead guilty and take a sentence. She's either nuts and is a massive risk taker hoping she would be found innocent or she is innocent, but I don't believe that this is huge misfailing of the NHS either... and why is it lasting 6 months? That is a HUGE amount of trial time that's not that common which again makes me believe it's not that straightforward. I don't know at this point what to believe
I reckon it’s 6 months because of how many babies are involved - if you think how long one murder trial would take and then times it by how many she’s accused of murdering and accused of attempting to murder. I reckon it is really complex. At this stage I haven’t seen enough evidence to feel she’s guilty.

Reactions: 16
That's a bit of a generalisation. A duck ton of people plead innocent who are guilty, that in itself means nothing IMO. You could equally say you wouldn't take something to trial over 6 months if your evidence was 'flimsy'. Plus your sentence about she's either nuts or innocent - well yeah, she's either innocent or a baby murderer which in itself is nuts.

Reactions: 23
It's 6 months because of the amount of people involved
It's not just 1 baby, it's 17
And perhaps she's taken it to trial knowing she's guilty but also knowing the hospital have fucked up along the way too and she's hoping she can use their failings to get off on some charges.

• Sick
Reactions: 30
Re the handover notes found at her home. I know there’s been quite a bit of debate about whether or not it’s normal for a nurse to accidentally take them home so I do understand it can/does happen although it shouldn’t. I was just wondering what we actually know about them so far?
Were the related to babies she is accused of harming? If so, are they from the shifts she is accused of harming the babies (so more likely to be deliberate/a ‘trophy’)? Or are they from different shifts but still relating to the same babies (so either more possibility it’s accidental, or if deliberate more like choosing her victims in advance)?

I hope that makes sense. Just trying to get my head around them, but I can’t remember the detail we know about them so far.

Reactions: 5
I still can’t see how she could be innocent. The whole trust would have to of turned on her to use her as a scapegoat but why? Why just one person? Idk. The evidence is making me sway towards guilty but there’s that glimmer of hope that maybe she isn’t, because I can’t believe anyone would become a nurse to harm anyone - especially these babies.

Reactions: 18
I still can’t see how she could be innocent. The whole trust would have to of turned on her to use her as a scapegoat but why? Why just one person? Idk. The evidence is making me sway towards guilty but there’s that glimmer of hope that maybe she isn’t, because I can’t believe anyone would become a nurse to harm anyone - especially these babies.
I know-why would they choose their poster girl for the new unit as their scapegoat? And I’d like to know who chose her for that campaign actually! Did she push for it to be her I wonder??
How are babies accidentally injected with air so many times and how do they manage to make it always around her? And surely it’s better for the hospital to accept failings based on staff shortages or training (not as easy as it seems to just make experienced or well trained staff appear from nowhere) than accept they employed a baby serial killer and didn’t report the coincidences or Dr’s uncomfort quickly enough?

• Heart
I am sure I heard ages ago that LL was involved with charity/fundraising work for premature babies, corriefan's post about her being a poster girl for her unit has just reminded me.

Does anyone know anything about this? All I can see online is that she was involved in fundraising for Babygrow neo wing at COCH

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
If she pleads guilty she gets life. If she pleads not guilty and is not convicted she is free. If convicted it’s life. Think about it. What are her options?
Many people plead not guilty, even if it feels like they are just tossing a coin. If things aren’t going their way they can still change their plea during the course of the trial in the hope of getting a reduced sentence.
There is only one sentence for this crime.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.