Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jackolantern

VIP Member
How did she come to be arrested? Did members of staff express concerns ? I was thinking of when she was moved from nights to days. Did this happen because people suspected her ? If so, was anything else done about it then ? Having worked in hospitals , definitely on a night it's quieter, less hustle & bustle, no doctors rounds, less staff, darker, no visitors, It would definitely be easier on nights to do things unnoticed or things you shouldn't be
The being switched thing really bothers me the more I think about it. If they suspected her of murdering babies, why the fuck was she allowed anywhere near them? It stinks of "Oh well if the babies start dying on day shift aswell, least we've proved our theory!" it just makes no sense. It's not like you are testing for someone stealing from petty cash.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

abelleza

Chatty Member
Oh god, I feel sick to my stomach reading about that poor mums witness statement. I think I’ll be fine reading other witnesses and medical experts statements, but I think I’ll take a step back from reading what the parents are saying first hand. It’s so heartbreaking that she never got to hold her baby, and that poor little boy never got to feel his mothers arms!

Just a reminder to people, please take a step back if this is affecting your mental health. I know we all want to know but we can always read a summary of what is said at another time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I actually hope she is guilty. Because I don't believe those babies all died due to NHS failings (which were undoubtedly there), or that the near misses were down to NHS failings either.

If it wasn't LL, then who?

That doesnt mean I wont listen to the evidence, but it means I hope they've got the right person.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

friedeggontoast

Chatty Member
I think it’s clear that some trusts use personal phones and some don’t. I don’t think we need to go over it all day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
This thread has been tedious to read the last couple of pages with all the sniping. We aren’t all going to agree, accept that and move on.

I really hope once the verdict is in there is no “see, told you so” smugness from either side. I’d expect that sort of shit on one of the fb groups but I’d like think the users on this thread would have a bit more respect and decorum.

Nobody wins here. No one. Even if you were ‘right all along’.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

calmyourritas

VIP Member
This trial is 6 months long and the thread will be locked within the first 2 weeks if people don’t stop arguing and sniping at each other. Which would be a shame because it’s really useful reading everyone’s opinion (professional and personal) and things being pointed out you may not have noticed yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Tofino

VIP Member
Note to self : next time i inevitably chuck away yet another house plant that was gifted to me that I’ve failed to keep alive because I always forget to water it and so it shrivels up and dies, make sure I don’t write down my feelings of anguish and despair and panic about it just incase I’m ever accused of murder and the police search my house.

• Haha

Tofino

VIP Member
I feel like there will be people (just generally speaking, not accusing anyone here) who will say ‘well the babies were really poorly anyway’ as if that means that’s the only explanation for the babies dying/collapsing. Even the defence suggested it on some of the children. And I think this is really unfair to the babies and the families when we are going to hear how unexpected and unusual it was and likely hear from multiple medical experts why this is. The sickest babies could still have been murdered. But they deserve to have other possible causes considered and not just ‘written off’ as being sick and premature.

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
We had a nurse when I first qualified, she wasn't going around killing OAPs but she was severely incompetent and with all the mite in the world my ward manager and the matron (who's office was unfortunately/fortunately based on our ward) tried to keep her under supervised practice. She was taken off nights (but still rota'd in for a night shift every now & again) and had to do pretty much everything under the watchful eye of a band 6 but there were times where the staffing just couldn't allow for that, we were a cross dependency cardiology ward we couldn't run the risk of pulling a staff member off a ratio just to watch her. There were times where she too would often also have a student following her about.
It was shit, it was scary, but it's the way it was.
In the end, it took a serious never ever event to be witnessed by another member of staff during a cardiac arrest for her to be reported to the NMC and ultimately struck off.
I imagine, its not an easy process to manage when you have unsafe staffing ratios, and your suspicions but no concrete evidence at that time to move forward.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Guys this exact same argument happened yesterday between the same people, at this point I’m begging yous to just
C796AAD0-3006-4B5B-87BD-36576DC01054.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

MmmB777

VIP Member
It’s a bit beggars belief to think any organisation would rather be seen to have actively done nothing to stop a nurse murdering/attempting to murder 22 babies than just admit they failed due to staffing etc. Yes the babies died either way but one is clearly much worse for your reputation than the other.
Picture the scene. A meeting. Fair amount of people in the room.

Right.. figures are looking awful. Loads of extra deaths and crashes here. We really don’t want to be seen as responsible. Any ideas guys?

Could we look at shift patterns? See if we could pin it on anyone.

Fucking great idea. Ok.. one… two.. nope she’s off there. Ok.. one.. two.. three… four.. five…six…seven..could be on to something here! Ah shit nope that doesn’t work either.

Check again.

By Jove! We’ve got someone..Letby was there for all of it!
Jesus that’ll be a hard sell.. isn’t she the one we stuck on all the posters to be the face of the unit?

Yeah but you’ll never believe our luck, not only was she there for all of it- she specifically requested to work with a lot of the babies that went on to die in similar ways! Including those impossible to dispute insulin poisonings! That helps hide our tracks eh. Aaaaand she’s said loads of creepy stuff like she didn’t think babies that were doing well would get out alive.
Bingo! Perfect. Fingers crossed she’s got a load of weird Facebook activity and a note at home with the words I’m evil I did it I killed them on purpose at home.
God yeah that’d really help wouldn’t it Dave.

Right, think we’ve got that all tied up Phew! We can get back to looking really fantastic now. Want anything from the canteen?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I need to take a step back from following this. I had a really traumatic birth and currently recovering help for PND and this is too triggering.

Take care guys ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Tofino

VIP Member
You’re right, I guess I’m struggling to get my head around what would make someone like her do such a thing? There’s no fucked up childhood, no history of violence or abuse, she was successful in her career, doesn’t seem to have been suffering with any mental health issues or traumas, had normal friendships, seemed to get on with colleagues etc. I guess that’s what makes it so weird, because at the end of the day there really aren’t any signs that she would be a mass murderer whatsoever
I don’t think we know anything about her childhood yet do we? I think people presume because her parents are still together and holding hands that she must have had a good upbringing but it means bugger all (not suggesting anything about her parents personally just that we literally have no idea).
My parents are still together and married 40+ years but all us children are fucked up emotionally due to my mothers controlling narcissistic behaviour and my fathers enabling of it. Not to say any of us are murderers or committing crimes but having married parents means nothing about the emotionally wellbeing of their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Tofino

VIP Member
It’s been quite a slow reporting day so I’ve been able to add a prosecution evidence section to child a and b and will add key evidence. So I’ve put up the family statements and what we have so far for the timeline.

It actually doesn’t take very long to do now the bulk of the wiki is already set up as it’s just copy and paste. And I’m reading the updates daily at the moment anyway.

0497BE53-5D16-48BE-854A-5FCFE4C0DC76.jpeg

Also with being twins there is sone crossover so the family statements are the same in both child a and b sections.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

abelleza

Chatty Member
It happens a lot . My cousin is a nurse and the things she has done are questionable .
She has got her friend antibiotics god knows how .
She told her grandad wife that he was in hospital for the day after he collapsed at work and was told he had weeks to live after finding out he had cancer . She told his wife when She wasn’t his dedicated nurse in the hospital he didn’t even know that she knew . The whole family fell out with her as it caused him so much distress . He wanted to tell his wife himself

she has told me about people I know attending a n e and one was a male friend she told me he was attempting to commit suicide . Another was a male friend and she told he was on drugs and police attended

I told her it’s so wrong to tell people things like that . During COVID at the very start when it was really bad she was mixing wards . She visited her boyfriends grandad because family was not allowed to visit . She took it upon herself to visit him on the COVID ward on her break she then got COVID and visited my Nan . Not long after that my Nan died from COVID .
Off topic but please report her to the NMC, she sounds a liability.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
See Lucy doesn't keep a record of something - suspicious.
Someone else doesn't record something Lucy says she said - must not have happened.

It just feels to me things are being forced to fit abit. Is it really a coincidence that stillbirths were sky high that same year she's alleged to have murdered the babies? Why are the new experts more credible then the ones who initially stated causes of death to be things like pneumonia? If the prosecution are calling that note a confession, what else are they going over the top about? One baby it is said she never had any contact with the IV bag shes meant to have poisoned?? Prosecution claim she was getting away with these murders via all these different means and then turned around and decided she would physically attack a baby, to what keep under the radar? They claim its not possible its a coincidence she was there at all these deaths and collapses but then we have a baby she wasn't even present for 'Oh she must of done something beforehand then'. Honestly not arguing but do things like this not make anyones eyebrows raise just a little?

Reactions: 35

riddleme89

VIP Member
It happens a lot . My cousin is a nurse and the things she has done are questionable .
She has got her friend antibiotics god knows how .
She told her grandad wife that he was in hospital for the day after he collapsed at work and was told he had weeks to live after finding out he had cancer . She told his wife when She wasn’t his dedicated nurse in the hospital he didn’t even know that she knew . The whole family fell out with her as it caused him so much distress . He wanted to tell his wife himself

she has told me about people I know attending a n e and one was a male friend she told me he was attempting to commit suicide . Another was a male friend and she told he was on drugs and police attended

I told her it’s so wrong to tell people things like that . During COVID at the very start when it was really bad she was mixing wards . She visited her boyfriends grandad because family was not allowed to visit . She took it upon herself to visit him on the COVID ward on her break she then got COVID and visited my Nan . Not long after that my Nan died from COVID .

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Skellig

Nah I had a patient this morning called Lucy and wrote Letby instead of her surname 🙈🙈🙈🙈 there's a new mistake 🤣🙈 off to bed now 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

friedeggontoast

Chatty Member
Personally I don’t like the idea of a medical professional looking me up on social media after I’d been in their care. I can understand the curiosity but for me as a patient I’d hate that.

• Heart
Reactions: 33