Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’m struggling to follow the defence. I find BM’s approach abhorrent. It is one thing to cherry pick the evidence to try and fit her defence, and obviously BNE has done that too because neither side is going to present evidence that won’t help their side. But to accuse grieving parents of getting it wrong, suggest the babies were going to die anyway, try to ruin the careers and reputations of the medical experts and accuse every doctor and nurse working at COCH of being incapable of doing their job is really difficult to read. They are being thrown straight under the bus when they have done nothing wrong, they’ve just had the misfortune of their paths crossing with a serial killer.
But, I think the jury will see straight through him. They have had 9 months of sitting there listening to this day in day out, they’ll have made their mind up a long time ago.
I hope the families and other COCH staff are being fully supported.

Ben Myers. Asshole. +++++

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Imagine writing fanfiction in the public domain of Facebook fantasising about Lucy Letby eloping with a sexy Spanish man because you and the majority of your fellow fart sniffers think she's innocent. This bitch is on trial for murder. LOL I'm gone

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

MmmB777

VIP Member
Only just caught up on today's evidence and this sentence from BM ending the day summarises all my thoughts.

"Mr Myers says evidence had been heard by Lucy Beebe saying Letby was 'crying' after the death of Child I, saying: 'Why is it always me?' He says that was a genuine response by her."

If nothing odd or unusual was happening, and she was never present at any of these babies collapses and did nothing to them, then what is she referring to by saying IT'S always me. What is the IT's that always happens to you Lucy Letby?

Babies collapsing? Babies dying?

Oh wait...
So strange to be a genuine response when Ben’s spent two days telling us she wasn’t in the room with any of them 🥴 why would she feel it was always her then 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 33

MmmB777

VIP Member
CRP of 218 in a neonate is huge 🥴🫣 within a 24 hour period. That has definitely made me have a wobble with child G.
She had blood secretions, a blood clot at the end of the NG tube. She had suffered massive brain damage. She went to arrowe park and recovered rapidly. As far as I know, she had no infection but was probably treated for one in case. She had that reading because of inflicted trauma. She had blood behind her vocal cords. She really hurt this baby.

• Sad
  • Heart

avabella

VIP Member
I've been quite absent for a while and haven't read much of BM's part. Things have gotten very busy here, hoping to catch up soon. Hope all are well!

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
I have an idea for a poll topic but it's very sweary and includes the words " Is a total prick BM fucking?' so probably not very appropriate.
Who’s your favourite barrister? Options:

NBE 2.0
Not our Nick Johnson
Bowel Movement

Oooh let’s play snog marry and avoid!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
I'm keeping an eye on the thread for the details of closing as I can't stand BM acting the way he is its nauseating even though I know it's his job it's still toe curling

• Heart

JCMSadie

VIP Member
I wasn’t following from the very beginning, I missed the dildo bit can someone fill me in please
Well...

Someone popped up on ?FB (think it was) claiming to know her and had been at an Anne Summers' party. Whilst everyone else bought jokey things, Letby ordered herself a huge, suction-cup shower dildo. It was to show how awkward she was...and thirsty for Cockington.

Poster may or may not have studied at the Bowel Movement School of Facts.

EDIT - howling at BIB, hope I've satisfied you more than the dildo did for LL.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Grr. Emma Kenny. I have three Psychology degrees, two postgrad. and one thing I do know is that the 'profession' is full of oddballs (one of the reasons I didn't stay in academia). The ones who make a 'pop' TV career of it aren't always the most credible, either. The dedicated-to-research ones tend to avoid popular media as they know much of their work will be misrepresented, anyway.
Wouldn't worry too much about her. She likes to be seen as 'controversial' and seems just a little bit in love with herself.
AND- she's not a medical expert, nor a lawyer, come to think of it. She has an opinion, like the rest of us. That's all.

• Heart

tay65

Chatty Member
It’s very likely a NG verdict will be reached due to lack of hard evidence. I was very closely involved in a court case involving a paedophile having a sexual relationship with his stepdaughter from the ages 9-15 very recently. She didn’t come forward until after it had ended, after two goes in court - the first time the jury couldn’t come to an agreement so we had to go through it all again a year later - he was found not guilty and now walks free. There was no motive at all for any of us to lie about our experiences with him and he had ruined many of our lives, not just the victim, but there just wasn’t enough solid evidence. It’s very common and I don’t think people realise how common it is.
There were 7 deaths (murders) and a lot of attempted murders so for her to have a NG verdict the Jury have to think she didn't kill any of these babies or attempt to kill any 22 times despite the fact that a number of expert witnesses have testified to say deliberate harm has been inflicted. These experts haven't blamed LL for anything they have merely said what happened to the babies and the police have decided who committed the offences. Myers knows she did wrongdoing which is why he is acting as her "expert witness". He may have had advice from medical professionals but they are not putting their name to any advice, otherwise he would be letting them shout from the rooftops to prove her innocence and WHY are they not putting their name to any of this - because it won't help her case. We can only hope the Jury is made up of sensible, intelligent people who will see through his "shit".

• Heart

Fauxphiehinchcliffe

Chatty Member
God I really hope the jury see through the bullshit and non-stuff the defence has said. Nothing backed up with any evidence…just an alternative version of events which doesn’t follow or make any sense.

I get so nervous about the defence closing statements. I haven’t been able to follow Ben as closely as I have the rest of the trial as I get too angry and stressed reading it! I get anxious. I have followed a lot of trials now - including star Hobson. During that I genuinely started to feel anxious that the jury may believe savannah brockhill was entertaining Star by “doing the claw” on cctv and not assaulting her.

Really hope deliberations are thorough but the jury are sensible! In a trial this long and this complicated and emotionally draining I imagine e it must be hard to not feel overloaded and exhausted by this point.

I have thought guilty from the start - but the only real thing stopping me at times is just the sheer horror of it; lack of any understanding or idea as to why someone could harm tiny innocent precious babies. Just makes it hard to believe it’s true and it happened, even though I cannot see any other verdict being the right one!

• Heart