• Still unsure

Votes: 31 5.2%
  • Not guilty - prosecution have not proven their case

Votes: 32 5.4%
  • Not guilty - innocent, Lucy is a scapegoat

Votes: 17 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Defence are currently presenting their closing statement to the jury.

It is expected to last all this week, judge summing up next week with deliberations starting w/c 10th July.

Last thread:

Last poll results. I’m wondering if we should have another poll topic as I think everyone is pretty firm in where they stand now and don’t think these numbers will change much?

Open to ideas, I was thinking maybe one for those who think she’s guilty - at what point (eg during opening statements, during pros evidence, when Lucy took the stand etc…). Let me know what you think!

B540CD01-24F8-43AE-BE35-1E8F08520A06.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Defence are currently presenting their closing statement to the jury.

It is expected to last all this week, judge summing up next week with deliberations starting w/c 10th July.

Last thread:

Last poll results. I’m wondering if we should have another poll topic as I think everyone is pretty firm in where they stand now and don’t think these numbers will change much?

Open to ideas, I was thinking maybe one for those who think she’s guilty - at what point (eg during opening statements, during pros evidence, when Lucy took the stand etc…). Let me know what you think!

View attachment 2269225
I have an idea for a poll topic but it's very sweary and includes the words " Is a total prick BM bleeping?' so probably not very appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
A lot of people on the fb groups I've seen claim she's not guilty. This really surprises me.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I have an idea for a poll topic but it's very sweary and includes the words " Is a total prick BM bleeping?' so probably not very appropriate.
Who’s your favourite barrister? Options:

NBE 2.0
Not our Nick Johnson
Bowel Movement

Oooh let’s play snog marry and avoid!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Who’s your favourite barrister? Options:

NBE 2.0
Not our Nick Johnson
Bowel Movement

Oooh let’s play snog marry and avoid!! 🤣🤣
I'm going to give you one guess who my avoid might be.....it's a toughie...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm keeping an eye on the thread for the details of closing as I can't stand BM acting the way he is its nauseating even though I know it's his job it's still toe curling

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Going back to him saying these babies were poorly and likely were going to die anyway, even if that is true, it doesn't make it legal to kill them. I know it isn't true, but murder is murder regardless of the condition of the patient.

Secondly, why is he insisting these babies were at deaths door because they were admitted to a NNU?
A huge % of people who are admitted to hospital are unwell. Doesn't mean they are dying, it just means they need medical support to recover.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Going back to him saying these babies were poorly and likely were going to die anyway, even if that is true, it doesn't make it legal to kill them. I know it isn't true, but murder is murder regardless of the condition of the patient.

Secondly, why is he insisting these babies were at deaths door because they were admitted to a NNU?
A huge % of people who are admitted to hospital are unwell. Doesn't mean they are dying, it just means they need medical support to recover.
to add to this as well the babies who do enter the NICU who are going to ‘die’ (small percentage) usually have a more than obvious reason such as a genetic condition not compatible with life not babies days away from discharge. Babies on deaths door would never be up for discharge

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Finding it difficult to deal with the defence but that's natural, he's supposed to make you doubt and you're supposed to reflect on it and make your own conclusion.

In general I'm finding a lot of what Ben says compelling but also.... questionable? "Poor Care" is a description, not a diagnosis. You don't die of poor care, you die of pneumonia, infection, dehydration, etc which can be CAUSED by poor care. I don't know how you can just say poor care with no specifics to back it up.

I'm waiting for the insulin cases, as always they'll be crucial. Very curious to see what comes of the blatant contradiction in the blood test results...

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The thing is, extensive reviews were undertaken of COCH after the deaths. They found that even with poor staffing levels there was no reason these babies should have died. BM is absolutely clutching at straws and I hope the jury see that.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
So for the first time I've voted not guilty.

Ben's performance in the theatre court has been staggering, of course all those professionals are lying, of course the grieving parents are lying. It's all been a big set up and I'm so glad that Benjamin has finally made me see the light.

only joking motherfuckers 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I've just skim read today's updates as I've not had time to catch up properly.

The thing is, extensive reviews were undertaken of COCH after the deaths. They found that even with poor staffing levels there was no reason these babies should have died. BM is absolutely clutching at straws and I hope the jury see that.
And me, I'm really worried they will have enough doubts to return NG.

With regards to the insulin error that BM's made, won't that have to be corrected? I don't know how these things work.

Reactions: 12
I'm waiting for the insulin cases, as always they'll be crucial. Very curious to see what comes of the blatant contradiction in the blood test results...
I reckon the insulin cases will be tomorrow - right in the middle - he won’t want them to be the focus of the defence.

Reactions: 20
I've just skim read today's updates as I've not had time to catch up properly.

And me, I'm really worried they will have enough doubts to return NG.

With regards to the insulin error that BM's made, won't that have to be corrected? I don't know how these things work.
Well, it depends if there really is an error or not.
If the defense have indeed fucked up and claimed that NJ has made an error when he hasn’t, then I think we 100% hear about it at some point, possibly at the end from the judge.

Reactions: 9
Just re GDPR on the other thread - GDPR didn’t exist when she took the papers I think GDPR (enacted as data protection act 2018 in U.K. law) came in to force in May 2018.

Historic breaches would be judged against the law at the time which was the data protection act 1998, which had rubbish fines and no chance of prison I think.

Of courses health authorities still had to comply with data protection then, but if they get called out for what she has done, which they should do, the punishment is a max of £500,000 I think . It’s rubbish compared to GDPR hence why everyone went crazy when GDPR came in.

Reactions: 15
He is really bleeping winding me up! I can’t wait for this performance to be over. I know he has a job to do but the quicker his part is over the better. My blood pressure is rising again @DellaC . He is not casting any doubt just causing me absolute stress. Those poor parents having to listen to this 😢 job or no job it just feel’s so so unfair. I don’t think I could listen to it if it was my baby. It would be different if he had anything worth listening to and a sound argument to defend LL but he doesn’t. His one and only witness was a plumber and I for one have heard enough!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
So for the first time I've voted not guilty.

Ben's performance in the theatre court has been staggering, of course all those professionals are lying, of course the grieving parents are lying. It's all been a big set up and I'm so glad that Benjamin has finally made me see the light.

only joking motherfuckers 🙂
Me too!

ShE dIdN't GoOgLe It = NoT gUiLtY

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When you look at the medical evidence its strong for Baby A, about four medical experts all believe he had an injection of air. The air can be seen on an X Ray and was found on a post mortem. It just that BM skipped over that part and focused on the long line. A lot of people reported they saw the rash including Letby.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.