Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to start reading on sky the leader is leaving loads out I’m not seeing half of what’s being mentioned here

Reactions: 7
So they say she did things so the baby would get worse during the nightshift. So would she then still be present because she worked a dayshift the next day so she could she whats happening

i know it means nothing but if guilty they will get a large pay out, maybe help towards rebuilding their lives, take pressure off to properly come to terms with what has happened.

Reactions: 2
I had this discussion the other day. However it does state that many of these mothers were providing expressed breast milk.

This will come off judgemental but I mean no malice, just rationalising - but I wouldn’t imagine that a person who was addicted to drugs or alcohol and the cause of this was their babies prematurity would be expressing the milk, nor would I imagine the milk to be accepted in terms of contamination?

Reactions: 20
i know it means nothing but if guilty they will get a large pay out, maybe help towards rebuilding their lives, take pressure off to properly come to terms with what has happened.
Yeah there's no way I'd have come to terms with the loss of my child if they'd died this way

Reactions: 3

That's the Sky link. It doesn't update as quickly as the other site, but it does contain some details not always reported on the other.

3 babies in the NICU when we were there were born to drug addicted mothers and they were all given formula milk instead of breast

Reactions: 10
That’s a good point. We’ve only heard of one where donor milk was used and that could have been for any reason if the mother’s milk hadn’t come in. Hopefully we’ll get more answers

Reactions: 4
I had a thought about the Facebook searches as well, that she may have been at work when she was searching, and there might have been a discussion about the families between the staff on duty. Nurses work Christmas Day.
In most of those cases they specified it was either her day off or she was off duty, or Christmas day. But they haven't given more details for all of them.

Reactions: 2
I had a bad cesarean and had to have strong pain relief with my eldest and they wouldn't accept my breast milk because if tramadol so definitely would accept BM from someone taking recreational drugs

Reactions: 7
I'd be interested to know her working patterns. Did the alleged incidents happen on the start of a string of shifts on so she could be there for the aftermath too? Or was there no pattern? Or did she allegedly do it if she was off for a few days after to let the talk settle. Because if there are sudden collapses on a ward nurses do talk about it and reflect with colleagues afterwards.

Reactions: 3
That’s a good point. We’ve only heard of one where donor milk was used and that could have been for any reason if the mother’s milk hadn’t come in. Hopefully we’ll get more answers
Yes, my son was in the NICU and I couldn’t express other than the first drops, my milk just didn’t come.

I did have the same thoughts as you though, in terms of her potential choosing of victims. Just heartbreaking.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.