Lucy Letby case #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We could have some kind of ritualistic bonfire when the trial has finished and I’ll burn all my matalan gear and we can use kitten heels and Paul’s boutique bags as kindling xoxo
Do a bit of salsa around the fire, load up on flavoured vodka, and hit Rosies nightclub to do our thing on the pole.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Did she not know they were onto her? I’d have disposed of everything like the notes

Reactions: 13
Her house wasn’t searched until 2018

That’s a long time to keep some notes you shouldn’t have if they have no meaning to you. Especially weird to keep them nice and safe under your bed.

Reactions: 15
Her house wasn’t searched until 2018

That’s a long time to keep some notes you shouldn’t have if they have no meaning to you. Especially weird to keep them nice and safe under your bed.
IIRC wasn’t the house searched more than once, be interesting to know in which sweep these “trophies” were found. Ie the blood gas stuff was it before the self indulgent im not good enough to post its etc.

Reactions: 5
I have a similar sofa, should I burn it? 😲

all jokes a side I think it is a lovely house and just so strange why you would go on to murder babies when you have a great job just bought a lovely house, seemingly has friends and attends festivals etc. of course people can have everything and still be deeply unhappy. Do you think they will ever give a ‘motive’?
I think any motive given will be lacking tbh as there isn't really any justifiable reason for doing this.

I think the real motive will be pretty weak and just boil down to her doing it for attention, power, thrill seeking and jealousy. I don't think it goes any deeper than that tbh

If she's guilty she's done this because her brain isn't wired right. Her reasons won't make sense to any of us.

So Baby Q is the other baby she had notes for at home.

I wonder if the ‘trophies’ were a later thing, as we haven’t heard about it in earlier cases, or if she did have some and they’ve been lost in the house move?

It seems to be she really stepped up in the later cases. Sending cards, keeping notes and the blood gas reading. As well as suspicions also rising as she was questioning if she had to be worried makes me think her behaviour was more obvious. The methods seem to get worse as they include inflicted trauma too, whereas the cases before are excess milk, air embolus, insulin so less obvious and detectable on a PM. From N onwards we get throat injuries, liver injuries, splintered diaphragm from the sheer volume of air forced in to the stomach.

Baby Q was ready for discharge on the day she had kept notes for, so clearly a well baby, yet suffers a collapse from excess air in the stomach. Bit of a coincidence she has his notes at home for that day.
The whole thing is making me so sad today.
From everything we are hearing, those babies that died should be at home, living happy lives with their families and they aren't. The fact that they seemed well and then Lucy was there.

And I can't imagine how the parents must even feel, not only living it happening when it did, but now, years later, having to relive it all.

I was reading about this case while I was pregnant. I'd never experienced what the parents would have at the time.
Then, I had my son and he was only in NICU for a week, an incubator for the first 2 days and then a nursery for the remainder and that whole week was the worst experience I've ever been through, I still feel so vert raw and sometimes burst into tears now. He was my third, no issues getting pregnant etc and he was so very wanted. Those first two days were agony, where we weren't sure why he's was getting so poorly and he looked like such a poorly baby.

To imagine getting to the end of that week, where we could see him improving and he was well, off a feeding tube and taking bottles which was a small battle, to have him suddenly start collapsing would have broken us. And the thought that it was one of these nurses that you have to place all your trust in was the cause. I'd just lose it completely. Add on top of that the knowledge that the nurse was keeping paperwork from my child, searching me and my family on Facebook...

I cannot believe any more that this is such a long list of coincidences. The prosecution said at the beginning it's about building the picture and this picture is showing me she's guilty. Maybe I'm biased because of my experience, but I can think of how you explain innocence in all this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
The whole thing is making me so sad today.
From everything we are hearing, those babies that died should be at home, living happy lives with their families and they aren't. The fact that they seemed well and then Lucy was there.

And I can't imagine how the parents must even feel, not only living it happening when it did, but now, years later, having to relive it all.

I was reading about this case while I was pregnant. I'd never experienced what the parents would have at the time.
Then, I had my son and he was only in NICU for a week, an incubator for the first 2 days and then a nursery for the remainder and that whole week was the worst experience I've ever been through, I still feel so vert raw and sometimes burst into tears now. He was my third, no issues getting pregnant etc and he was so very wanted. Those first two days were agony, where we weren't sure why he's was getting so poorly and he looked like such a poorly baby.

To imagine getting to the end of that week, where we could see him improving and he was well, off a feeding tube and taking bottles which was a small battle, to have him suddenly start collapsing would have broken us. And the thought that it was one of these nurses that you have to place all your trust in was the cause. I'd just lose it completely. Add on top of that the knowledge that the nurse was keeping paperwork from my child, searching me and my family on Facebook...

I cannot believe any more that this is such a long list of coincidences. The prosecution said at the beginning it's about building the picture and this picture is showing me she's guilty. Maybe I'm biased because of my experience, but I can think of how you explain innocence in all this.
I don't think your biased, I think based on your experience you now whole heartedly realise and can say what a violation even the "small" things (facebook searchs, babys personal notes, condolence card etc.) she was accused of were.

I'm sorry to hear your son was so ill when he was born, hope he's fully recovered now ❤❤

They are little fighter's ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sending you lots of love @gimmethattea that must have been such a difficult experience after reading about the trial during your pregnancy. I hope you’re ok. I have no experience of NICU, only PICU, so I can’t fully appreciate your experience but I know lots of people on this thread will be able to ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I cannot imagine aged 25 she would have so much stuff she would be dumping it under beds tbh. It’s hardly like she has a family with kids, house full of furniture and a garage filled to capacity - it was just her.
She kept them on purpose.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Still prepared to hear the defence and their argument but the papers being found under the bed is getting a HEAVY side eye from me.

Her front room was a proper B&M special. Has anyone noticed that the owl decal on the "nursery" wall in her house is the same as they have in the neonatal unit that she worked at :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The owl was there before she bought the house. It’s on the previous estate agents listing. It was a babies room before.

I do find it weird how there’s just a chair in the nursery room. Whether it’s been placed there for the photos to look less empty, or whether she had a chair in an empty nursery… weird.

Reactions: 7
A0C083BE-D785-4895-BDB8-F0AC8657DC8B.jpeg

“A number of further unusual, unexpected and inexplicable events…”
Are there more than just the babies in the trial? Will we see further charges later on?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I do find it weird how there’s just a chair in the nursery room. Whether it’s been placed there for the photos to look less empty, or whether she had a chair in an empty nursery… weird.
Oh god. I never actually spotted that. It’s made me feel a bit weird.
I can picture her sat there, holding a doll or something, pretending 🤢 I hope it is that it’s just there to make it look less empty. I do also wonder why she didn’t just take the owl off the wall? If it’s a decal they just peel off, if it’s painted it’s a small wall to paint over. She’s a single woman living alone, you’d think she would want to de-baby-fy a room?

Reactions: 12
Looking at her house is kind of sad, she had a nice house, good career, loving family and probably had an ok future ahead of her.
if she guilty what a waste, don’t get me wrong no sympathy for her but what made her destroy everything she had and lots of other families too, I guess we will never know.

Reactions: 17
View attachment 1979074
“A number of further unusual, unexpected and inexplicable events…”
Are there more than just the babies in the trial? Will we see further charges later on?
When was she suspended? I think I remember reading there was more babies but not enough to bring to a trial. The idea around having a discussion feels a bit off to me though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.