Lucy Letby case #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes he’s trying to say Dr. J had some kind of vendetta from the beginning 😵💫 he’s ever so lucky Lucy just kept making it fit so nicely for him eh! It’s an incredible accusation, hopefully one the jury sees straight through and that this is all BM has got here!
Even though it's Dr. B who first suggested Letby - looking back, he's the consultant from G and J (Dan has spelled his name wrong).

I note that neither prosecution nor defense have called Dr B. I wonder if this is going to come later on, I'm sure the court would be very interested in why he thought her!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Maybe she had far more ‘trophies’ that she did get rid of but these few bits were missed?
Could well be the case. But equally if she didn’t, this is a relatively common phenomenon with people this sick. This isn’t a one off crime of passion or motive for money etc that you try to cover up to go about more normal life. This is ongoing serial murders of little babies and those people really aren’t going to have a rhyme or reason to what they do. Lots of people are caught with incriminating evidence I guess.

Reactions: 11
This is what puzzles me about the 'trophies' like, the house was searched in 2018, by this point she had been suspended hadn't she? Then put on admin duties, surely if guilty you'd know exactly what was going on and would lose the trophies, or even visit your parents with a bag of stuff and leave them there, they wouldn't think twice about them. Seems so odd to leave them in a bag under the bed knowing that an arrest and search is inevitable. Unless they're not trophies and she forgot she had them 🤷‍♀️
I honestly think she thought she'd gotten away with it.

She was put on admin duties in July 2016. Apparently, she put in a grievance about this - this was BM's explanation for the confession post it note, that there were employment issues and a grievance and this was the note's origin.

Operation Hummingbird started 2017, so by this point LL has been on admin duties for almost a year. There's no public announcement that they've found any foul play, and her methods were well concealed bar the insulin. Most of the babies didn't go for PM, and are either cremated or their bodies will be heavily decayed.

By the time the house is searched and she's arrested in 2018, I can see her not thinking she'll get caught.

Reactions: 21
It blows my mind that there's enough babies involved in this case for there to be a baby Q ☹
I agree. I suspect there were many more questionable “collapses” and deaths that did not meet prosecution standards and are not represented in these charges. I personally wonder what the triggering event was that set off the spree (terribly inadequate descriptor, I know - forgive me, dear babies & families), or if she had always been at it except to much lesser and less lethal way. In the Idaho case, it has just been publicized that Kolberger had been in fractious relationship with professor under whom he taught, with “altercations” between them and a firing, including loss of job, income, housing, position, & possibly degree program all at once - precipitating events, for sure.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

She was put on admin duties in July 2016. Apparently, she put in a grievance about this - this was BM's explanation for the confession post it note, that there were employment issues and a grievance and this was the note's origin.

Operation Hummingbird started 2017, so by this point LL has been on admin duties for almost a year. There's no public announcement that they've found any foul play, and her methods were well concealed bar the insulin. Most of the babies didn't go for PM, and are either cremated or their bodies will be heavily decayed.

By the time the house is searched and she's arrested in 2018, I can see her not thinking she'll get caught.
Especially as the items were inconspicuous.

Note she didn't choose vests, baby grows etc. It was things that she'd think the police would overlook.

Oh and they happen to be in relation to babies who have been murdered or an attempt has been made.

Reactions: 9

Yeah maybe by that point she could have thought that but at the time of the post it in 2016 surely if you're guilty you'd be getting rid of trophies. Especially given the apparent lack of other evidence you've pointed out. It could be that she'd taken them and forgot about them, but then that wouldn't fit into the normal 'trophy' role.

Reactions: 1
Oh god. I never actually spotted that. It’s made me feel a bit weird.
I can picture her sat there, holding a doll or something, pretending 🤢 I hope it is that it’s just there to make it look less empty. I do also wonder why she didn’t just take the owl off the wall? If it’s a decal they just peel off, if it’s painted it’s a small wall to paint over. She’s a single woman living alone, you’d think she would want to de-baby-fy a room?
I’ve spent literally days of my life on right move when househunting, it’s seems really common for estate agents to stick a random chair and maybe side table in an otherwise empty room. Photos like that seem a lot more common than an actually empty room, unless it’s a totally derelict house. It’s kind of hard to judge the size of a room from a photo unless there is something in there for scale.
It’s a blurry photo but it looks a bit like a garden chair someone brought in for the purpose.

Reactions: 5
Hopefully. As we’re coming towards her last charges I’m hoping the reporting will start to improve. This is the first time that I can recall that the hospital are starting to question what’s going on. We’ve had some suspicions from doctors but they’re actually having meetings and discussing wtf is happening on the ward now. I think general public interest will pick up again because of it and we’ll hopefully see an increase in live reporting 🤞🏼

Reactions: 18
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
Yeah maybe by that point she could have thought that but at the time of the post it in 2016 surely if you're guilty you'd be getting rid of trophies. Especially given the apparent lack of other evidence you've pointed out. It could be that she'd taken them and forgot about them, but then that wouldn't fit into the normal 'trophy' role.
I literally just think ur trolling at this point Daisy??!! Or your related to LL??!!!

I think so. But “a number of…” made me think there may be more events than are being covered in the trial?
inevitably there will be a lot more of differing intensities imo, there will be cases that will not have been deemed to have sufficient evidence to stand up in court and thereby could risk the entire case. Once this is over there will me more stories to come.

Reactions: 20
I literally just think ur trolling at this point Daisy??!! Or your related to LL??!!!
Why would you think that? Daisy has been a big contributor to these threads from the start. She usually has opinions that go against the grain of the thread but she always contributes her own thoughts and backs them up when questioned. Not everyone is convinced of LL’s guilt, and a lot of others are waiting to hear the defence before making a decision. It’s good to get a strong mix of views otherwise we might as well just read the news articles and scrap the thread.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

Dans report for today
I like to Google any Drs mentioned, put a face to a name.

What an utter shame that when you Google Dr B, the man who effectively raised the flag, a load of photos of LL come up 😐

I hope he gets some proper recognition for his role in all this when the witch is found guilty.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Sounds like he’s still there too so maybe two reports today 🤷🏻‍♀️
thanks @raspberryjuice - I hope this helps as a really good eye opener as to why the air embolI were not picked up on earlier. The experienced consultant had to research and rely on a paper from 1989 to help him spot any pattern here. Damning evidence to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think for us ‘normal’ people we would defo get rid off all evidence but if she was guilty the things she would be guilty off are absolutely not normal so I think her way of thinking could be different to ours. getting rid of it might simply not be what a serial baby killer would do.

Reactions: 14
Why would you think that? Daisy has been a big contributor to these threads from the start. She usually has opinions that go against the grain of the thread but she always contributes her own thoughts and backs them up when questioned. Not everyone is convinced of LL’s guilt, and a lot of others are waiting to hear the defence before making a decision. It’s good to get a strong mix of views otherwise we might as well just read the news articles and scrap the thread.
She constantly deffends a baby killer like all the time??!!! Its really weird in my opinion sorrrrreeeee

Mundane detail but I’ll be fascinated to find out how they actually got the police in. Like there has to be an “oh duck” moment where the bosses realise this is probably a deliberate thing and they have to tell the police.

What happens in that situation? Do you ring 999 and be like “someone might have killed babies a few months ago but not right now?” Do you ring 101 and risk it getting lost between the calls about lost cats and scruffy vans on posh streets?
Do they just call some top Inspector Morse type dude to come in and start looking?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.