Lucy Letby case #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just not sure these are notes that ever end up accidentally coming home though by the sounds of things. She’s taken those items on purpose imo. It’s not just that it’s paperwork going home it’s things you definitely wouldn’t and if you did you’re not going to store them under your bed for two years 🙈 any scenario that I try and make in my head to give her the benefit of the doubt literally makes me laugh out loud it’s so unbelievable to me!
Haha I’m ashamed to say I found my old work bag under my bed the other week that had some notebooks etc from my old job, that I left over a year ago and the notebooks were pre-Covid, that’s how long it had been since I’d sorted it (and I’d moved twice since then 😬) so I can see how it happens in theory BUT it was a handbag I didn’t use anymore not a carrier bag, and there are already a stack of coincidences in this case, so what are the odds this is just another unlucky coincidence 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 16
And then they put it under their bed?
I find notes all the time and I am super duper organised. She maybe took her uniform out the plastic bag to wash and left the note in the bag. My notes also have no patient details on them. In reading it you would never be able to tell who it referred to. It is simply numbers and scribbles, nothing identifying that patient.

Reactions: 6
I just can't see why, after inputting the notes electronically (the majority of which seem to have been scribbled by another nurse) you wouldn't immediately get rid of it. And if you did accidentally take it home, why wouldn't you dispose of it the minute you realised what you'd done? She'd just moved house too, it's not like there was junk everywhere. Her texts to her friends also said there was no spare bed yet so unless it got moved (again, why?) that makes me think it was her bed. Unless it turns out LL was also a secret hoarder, I can't see this as anything other than a trophy/momento, just like the card to Baby I's parents that she kept a picture of on her phone.
Agree! It is reported as being under her bed so safe to say it is. A paper towel if it’s in her pocket is going in the wash if there is an innocent explanation. Not stored under the bed for two years with a blood gas record. For a baby that was at the brink of death out of nowhere. Again 🙈
---
I find notes all the time and I am super duper organised. She maybe took her uniform out the plastic bag to wash and left the note in the bag. My notes also have no patient details on them. In reading it you would never be able to tell who it referred to. It is simply numbers and scribbles, nothing identifying that patient.
Do you think you’d leave said notes in a bag under the bed for two years though. Wouldn’t they be in a pocket and at some point you’d see them. And these aren’t just day to day notes she’d be carrying around. Sorry I can’t see it.

Reactions: 11
Just realised…it was a blood gas report she had as well as written medication on the paper towel! Oooft! Why would you remove a blood gas report with all identifiable information…..very suspicious! 🚨
---
Agree! It is reported as being under her bed so safe to say it is. A paper towel if it’s in her pocket is going in the wash if there is an innocent explanation. Not stored under the bed for two years with a blood gas record. For a baby that was at the brink of death out of nowhere. Again 🙈
---

Do you think you’d leave said notes in a bag under the bed for two years though. Wouldn’t they be in a pocket and at some point you’d see them. And these aren’t just day to day notes she’d be carrying around. Sorry I can’t see it.
It depends on the bigger picture. If it was just a note of medication and certain readings then fine but I just realised there was also a blood gas report! She has purposely removed a report with identifiable information. I do not know any nurse that would do this. Yes with scribbles from paper towels/notepads but not a printed report!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Maybe it could be normal if it was a one off thing, but this isn’t the first time she has taken things home. She took handover sheets before.

I’d say they’re trophies. Put them under her bed and then at night when she needed to go back to the moment of the ‘alleged’ crime she’d get them out and read them and move her fingers over the writing.

Lucifer will be missing her trophies in her prison cell these long nights won’t she.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I think Letby would be clever enough to mix her little trophies in with random items to make it look seemingly normal. Rather than put them all together in a cabinet. It will have all be thought out. Calculated. Even down to the carrier bag, rather than a fancy box or basket.

Apologies, my memory is hazy, is the property she's moved into a house or an apartment? Was she living alone? Or was it a house share?
A semi detached, on her own, close to the hospital.

Reactions: 1
Still on the fence. I think that in isolation, many of the scenarios can be easily explained. E.g. i'm a nurse, i take all my work bits in a tesco bag (dont know why but always have) so i leave all my bits and bobs in there (pens, pen torch, fob watch, ID badge, computer access card, nmc stamp) and when i finish work i just empty the contents of my pockets into the bag. On occasion (after a horrendous shift where you just want to get home) i've taken home a handover or paper towel with info on by accident. I then put it in my bag to dispose of in confidential waste when im next on shift. It could easily be as simple as that, or of course she could be hiding blood gas results or keeping trophy evidence 😬

Reactions: 4
Could she have taken them home to try and learn anything from what she did e.g. how baby responded, what treatment they had etc.

To learn for future attacks? So not just a trophy thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
The blood gas results going under her bed is really gross.

They're not like written notes where you might stick them in a pocket until you can get to a computer to type them up. You'd do something with them, a nurse would usually either show them to a doctor, or if they're all normal then tape them in the notes. Depending on how good the machine is as well, the results might not actually automatically go onto ICE either, which is why they're kept.

Keeping them means potentially people not having access to those results. I wonder if there's anything that's a giveaway on them (really high PaO2 maybe - not sure what results you'd get in air embolus!)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Could she have taken them home to try and learn anything from what she did e.g. how baby responded, what treatment they had etc.

To learn for future attacks? So not just a trophy thing.
this is an interesting point of view i’d not thought about. Potentially sick of the attacks not killing them

Is data protection not a thing anymore?

Bloody hell I hope some of you guys don't work in my local hospital and have notes of my 'accident' with a cucumber under your beds?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Also she was not baby M’s nurse. Is that not all the weirder to have their paperwork too.
19AE58C5-0CC5-4D20-BB98-E0123573E62D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Is data protection not a thing anymore?

Bloody hell I hope some of you guys don't work in my local hospital and have notes of my 'accident' with a cucumber under your beds?
I carry those notes around with me in a plastic Morrisons bag, just like Zach Galifianakis' character on The Hangover takes a plastic carrier bag on a night out on the Las Vegas Strip!

• Haha
I’m not giving her the benefit of the doubt YET AGAIN but agreed context is everything with this point.

Reactions: 7
Where are people getting today's info? Also is it confirmed the notes were under her bed? 😳😳

Reactions: 1
[/QUOTE]
Ffs can you actually imagine 🤣🤣🤣
With a nice pair of kitten heels & sparkly going out top in too?
---
In isolation the notes “trophies” could be innocent, accidents happen. BUT looking at everything else it seems off. It wasn’t the only item found either was it, she had multiple notes.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.