Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tay65

Chatty Member
I really do believe that LL was harming babies long before A😞
It could be that she started harming them in a smaller way much earlier where they didn't die and so suspicion wasn't aroused. It could have been with much less frequency to begin with and then something happened in 2015 and her actions escalated which eventually made people suspect her. It's hard to believe she was a good, kind, dedicated nurse from 2011 and then suddenly turned into a monster.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Blockedbyadmin

VIP Member
Regardless about the monitor the baby was attacked deliberately and nearly died and now has life limiting conditions. I don’t give a fig who turned the machine on or off (note nurse didn’t turn it back on eh!) the point is these babies were murdered and tried to be. Lucifer is evil and she might be sniggering in her 10x10 square concrete box but I don’t think she’ll get off. She’s an evil twisted woman and I personally hope she suffers the rest of her life

• Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
It doesn’t sound like she had any concerns herself.. she tried to silence others concerns with her own conclusions behind the collapses.
This is also the woman that was bored and not sufficiently stimulated despite so many sad days at work.

• Heart
  • Sick

candyland_

VIP Member
I just think she was an attention seeker and someone who liked everything to be about her. I think she enjoyed creating drama because it’s the only time she had something talk about with others.
I agree and she seems to not like other people to have things she wants. She can’t even handle another nurse looking after a baby that she feels she should be looking after with her constant string of ‘I’m more qualified’. Being more qualified doesn’t necessarily mean you are the better person.

• Heart

Windowtothewall

Chatty Member
She looks horrific in her papped pics 😅 There will be a mugshot if she’s found guilty.

Would she say she would never have kids or get married if she thought it was a negligence case?
That's the thing - no one would have told her she was being investigated for murder. That's why she was still trying to get re-instated into the ward. If you think you're being accused of murdering babies, you wouldn't want to go back to the ward. Also - murder is a leap to assume for anyone, negligence or something would seem more reasonable.

So why did she think she'd never get married or have kids... Unless she knew what she'd done and they'd find out eventually,

• Heart

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I just think she was an attention seeker and someone who liked everything to be about her. I think she enjoyed creating drama because it’s the only time she had something talk about with others.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Consultants spoke out and they were told not to make a fuss. I imagine a nurse would have been told the same if they had raised concerns officially.. We know they were chatting amongst themselves and found it odd very early on and by the time we got to Baby E their tone had changed slightly. Nurses were having a hard time and they couldn’t be arsed with Letby going on about it, their sympathy was dwindling and they had their own stuff going on, gossiping had started and there was some bitching. Letby was slagging people off with another nurse and talking to her about bringing sweets in and told her not share which I thought was petty and bizarre. There’s been a couple of occasions where she’s guessed who was talking about her so I’m assuming things were being said behind her back.

I’ll be very interested to hear how this progressed as we move through the other cases.
I’m interested to see if anyone tried to raise the alarm about the insulin deaths specifically. I accept the other ones were much murkier and less clear, but particularly the first insulin death seems so obviously red flag (insulin shouldn’t have been there at all, it’s not a mix up) that I find it really hard to understand how it seems like nobody properly investigated what surely should have been a really serious never event even if they thought it was an accident at the time.

It doesn’t change that LL’s actions are hers and hers alone but it’s worrying on a larger scale.

• Heart

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
Sounds to me like they're trying to cast shade on the Nursery Nurse rather than the Drs
The NNs care and whoever made the decision to move Baby G to room 4, which wouldn’t have been the NNs.
It seems to me she’s implying that the NNs were incapable of caring for Baby G although she seemed to have been OK for the whole weekend.
Her arrogance and sense of superiority is ripping my knitting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

tay65

Chatty Member
I don’t think it’s fair to describe somebody as snappy or arrogant just from reading written text either, unless any of us were actually there listening to him we have no idea of the tone in which he spoke.

I do understand we will all interpret things differently though.
I think Dr E came across very firm in his evidence and appeared to counter very well all the reasons BM gave to discredit what he was saying. Also Dr B concurred with Dr E about the reasons for vomiting. I thought he came across very convincing today. Both also firmly disagreed with LL's statement about taking in air when vomiting.

• Heart

Stiltoncheese

Chatty Member
I'm still reading and following, just took a break with the break last week as its quite intense at times. I was on leave last week so followed Stephen Bear's trial and the fallout from Harry and Meghan to lighten my mood a bit.

Having just seen that cot, and how tiny baby G would have been laying down in it due to the high sides, I just can't imagine the force needed for the vomit to go up and over the side and land where it did on the floor and the chair. You imagine a tiny baby would vomit to the side more if led on their back.

• Sad
  • Heart

OldBlondie

VIP Member
Just catching up after being away from thread since last week. Glad we are back this week. Still need to catch up on court today aswell as thread, but just listened to podcast for part one of Baby G and it’s deffo worth a listen if anyone has time, I’d highly recommend!

• Heart

stardust1

VIP Member
Well this forum is no different when it comes to impartiality, just on the opposite side of the fence but that appears to be acceptable because on here most people are on the 'right' side (in their eyes)
I disagree. Everyone I see backs their points up. Every time I see someone say she is innocent it’s always ‘she’s a scape goat in a shit hospital’ and they have nothing else to add. If you dare ask them to elaborate hell breaks loose.

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
Little did that poor mum know that this experienced nurse she was “glad” was caring for her baby, was the same person purposefully causing her all these issues. If the mother even said that in the first place (I doubt it - just LL feeding her own ego no doubt).

She’s deplorable.

• Sad
  • Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
No I think that’s the point. As the ph level was 4, the stomach was empty, so the 2am feed went ahead as normal just before the nurse went on her break. Again, I’m not sure!
Yes that is the point. BM is trying to suggest the excess milk vomited (45ml plus extra) is because the 2am feed was given when we don’t know how much milk was still in the stomach because aspirates weren’t done (nurse said she wouldn’t normally aspirate before a feed).

Dr E is saying because ph levels were tested and it was 4 that we know there was no milk; because milk in stomach would give a reading around 7.

He’s clutching at straws. The ph levels indicating empty stomach are beyond reasonable doubt for me.

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
The NNs care and whoever made the decision to move Baby G to room 4, which wouldn’t have been the NNs.
It seems to me she’s implying that the NNs were incapable of caring for Baby G although she seemed to have been OK for the whole weekend.
Her arrogance and sense of superiority is ripping my knitting.
Just a lowly band 3/4 in her eyes, I imagine she treated them like shit too

• Sad
  • Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
For the sake of waiting another couple of months maybe the trial should have started in January and not October for a trial of this scale because there would always be a long break at Christmas. Easter would just be a long weekend.

docmum

VIP Member
It seems the hospital neonatal unit was below acceptable in numerous areas. But they also had a killer on their hands - so they had both things going on. I’m hedging my bets that the former certainly facilitated the latter from continuing for as long as it did. An enabler.

I haven’t totted it up but numerous independent expert witnesses have testified about their conclusions of the air embolisms. Yes it’s the prosecution, but they are giving evidence independently still. I have been called by the prosecution (crown) myself several times (won’t say my line of work) but am still just presenting and basically being asked questions about my expert witness statements and what I did. My answers wouldn’t change no matter who asked me to be there. So I do believe them when numerous conclude about the air.

A doctor admitted she regretted not insisting on a PM for Child E and I can’t fathom why that even went under the radar still. Did no one have balls to step up and say that baby should have one. An understaffed unit that couldn’t be bothered with the admin and possible fallout from it.

And why no proper follow up action was taken when it was known that two babies (F and one upcoming…) must have had synthetic insulin given to them when they should not have.

After all this, there’s going to be a long old report on this for sure.
just to reiterate that it was in agreement with the coroners office that at the time it was felt appropriate to issue paperwork without PM. It wasn’t solely the decision of one medic. Not disputing failings but reporting to the coroner - whether they allow you to issue or they want to investigate it, takes a good 20-30 minutes of communicating a timeline of events re the patients background/stay. They then review the case/speak to NOK privately and run it past senior officers (if not the coroner them self) to allow those that are issued without PM.
To the best of my knowledge the PM wouldn’t have given any more evidence to incriminate LL - once again she has been so horribly calculating in that bleeding from any suction or tubes would have potentially pointed blame towards any other staff members or as being caused during the resuscitation/cpr process. This is partly the reason why my personal belief is that these babies are not the only ones she’s harmed, just the ones that have enough circumstantial evidence to be relevant to the CPS.

Last edited:
  • Heart