Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curious to see what your replies are. I know it is a hard question to answer without actually going through it, but if you were accused of the same thing and hand on heart knew you were innocent but legal advice was not to give evidence, what would you do? I really think if I was innocent I’d not be able to keep quiet protesting my innocence from the start.

does anyone know if Rebecca Leighton gave evidence?
Yes it’s an interesting one whether she’ll take the stand or not isn’t it. If I was up on charges of something that I definitely hadn’t done, I’d want to take the stand as it’s the only real opportunity I’d have to clear my name and get my side of things across. If I was innocent then I don’t think I’d be too worried about being tripped up or anything, as I’d not have any lies to be caught out on. However if I was actually guilty I’d not want to be anywhere near the stand, as that’s when I could potentially be caught out and tripped up by my own lies.

I guess it’s also a case of how much and how strong the evidence the prosecution has against you is too, it’s the prosecution’s job to prove your guilt, not your job to prove your innocence. So I can see why some legal teams would advise you not to if they felt the prosecutions case wasn’t overly strong. A lot on here think LL comes across as quite arrogant so whether this would potentially factor in her decision too, I don’t know. From what we have heard so far of her police interviews she doesn’t seem to come across particularly well, she seems very vague and not saying too much. But if she doesn’t take the stand, that could make her look even more guilty, regardless of whether that’s what Ben has advised.

Personally I’d love to see LL take the stand so that she could answer the questions that many of us have, such as why she had medical notes at home and the FB searches etc. But I think there’s not much chance she will, mostly cos I think she is guilty and if she takes the stand the prosecution will have a field day with her and could catch her out on so much. There was a poster on an earlier thread that said they had some legal knowledge and they thought LL would take the stand. But I’m going to stick with my original thought of as much as I’d love for her to take the stand I very much doubt she will

She might not have started killing right away. The usual age to start is mid 20’s, which is the age she was when the killings started. Maybe there was a trigger, a break up with an ex or something that set her off.
I think she was harming babies long before A, although maybe not enough for it ever to be proven/seen. I think she started out with only causing small harm to them, and it then snowballed into murder as she was hurting them more and more each time. The police obviously have had suspicions about there being more babies before A as they looked into the hospital she did her placement/part of training at

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes it’s an interesting one whether she’ll take the stand or not isn’t it. If I was up on charges of something that I definitely hadn’t done, I’d want to take the stand as it’s the only real opportunity I’d have to clear my name and get my side of things across. If I was innocent then I don’t think I’d be too worried about being tripped up or anything, as I’d not have any lies to be caught out on. However if I was actually guilty I’d not want to be anywhere near the stand, as that’s when I could potentially be caught out and tripped up by my own lies.

I guess it’s also a case of how much and how strong the evidence the prosecution has against you is too, it’s the prosecution’s job to prove your guilt, not your job to prove your innocence. So I can see why some legal teams would advise you not to if they felt the prosecutions case wasn’t overly strong. A lot on here think LL comes across as quite arrogant so whether this would potentially factor in her decision too, I don’t know. From what we have heard so far of her police interviews she doesn’t seem to come across particularly well, she seems very vague and not saying too much. But if she doesn’t take the stand, that could make her look even more guilty, regardless of whether that’s what Ben has advised.

Personally I’d love to see LL take the stand so that she could answer the questions that many of us have, such as why she had medical notes at home and the FB searches etc. But I think there’s not much chance she will, mostly cos I think she is guilty and if she takes the stand the prosecution will have a field day with her and could catch her out on so much. There was a poster on an earlier thread that said they had some legal knowledge and they thought LL would take the stand. But I’m going to stick with my original thought of as much as I’d love for her to take the stand I very much doubt she will

I think she was harming babies long before A, although maybe not enough for it ever to be proven/seen. I think she started out with only causing small harm to them, and it then snowballed into murder as she was hurting them more and more each time. The police obviously have had suspicions about there being more babies before A as they looked into the hospital she did her placement/part of training at
Great response, I don’t think she will take the stand either.

Do you also agree in some of her texts she seems like she isn’t shy of confrontation?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Yeah I do think she started before A, but I don’t think she started killing straight away. I think something must have triggered it at some point, like it does for most serial killers.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve often wondered if the first killing was accidental because she’d only meant to hurt them and the attention she got from that (a baby in her care dying suddenly and dramatically) gave her such a buzz she started to take more risks with harming them before moving on to intentionally killing them to get her fix.

If (when 🤞🏼) she’s found guilty I expect we’ll see a lot more charges against her. Things that at the moment wouldn’t convince a jury and may weaken the prosecution case, but will be strengthened when she has 22 convictions already. I watched one of the Shipman documentaries mentioned on here during the week and in that they said he had charges against him that had no physical evidence (bodies cremated etc) but he was charged and convicted because those patients deaths fitted his style. I think there will be more like that for LL.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Great response, I don’t think she will take the stand either.

Do you also agree in some of her texts she seems like she isn’t shy of confrontation?
Yes I think she’s come across as arrogant in not only her texts, but the way she behaves and talks about her colleagues and to them, it’s like she really believes she’s far superior than them. I know she’s more highly qualified than some, but it’s more than that I think, such as when we will hear soon about her telling colleagues not to attend to some babies that are clearly distressed/something wrong with them, as she knows best and knows everything, and the colleagues initially listen to what she says, even though they want to attend to the babies. And we’ve seen her disobeying her superior so I definitely don’t see her as someone that is shy or nervous. I also think the fact she repeatedly intrudes on multiple parent’s moments of privacy shows she isn’t timid or shying away. And yes her texts do come across as her not being shy of confrontation. And the fact she had a grievance, there was obviously something she wasn’t happy about and wasn’t afraid to confront management on whatever it was. She really doesn’t come across overall as shy or timid or nervous of confrontation.

I just really don’t think she’ll take the stand as I think she’s G, and she knows there’s a good chance she can be caught out on far too much, she’s too much to lose I think. Think about how BM has made some witnesses seem as they’re the ones on trial (even though they’re not guilty), so imagine what it will be like for someone that is actually Guilty I honestly think she’d be ripped to shreds on stand

Reactions: 12
Putting aside the fact, if possible, that LL is probably a SK, why do you think she continued to work at a level 2 unit? She seemed bored at times. Would she feel she was more suited to a level 3 unit? If so, do you think she would have applied?
She didn’t seem to have any particular ties to the area she was living in.

Reactions: 5
I want it noted here and now.

If this coward takes the stand I shall show my big bare bottom on the town hall steps 🙂

Absolutely no chance.

If this was my daughter who was going through this, who was protesting her innocence I would absolutely beg her with all of my being to take the stand, to say her piece, to get it on file that she didn't kill these babies.

But she won't. She won't do it for her parents, for herself and absolutely not for the families of her victims.

Because she is as guilty as sin (in my opinion)

*Please don't report this post Karen love...I won't really expose my bum, it's winter 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I worked on a operations ward years ago for almost 10 years, I can remember there was a huge buzz around a sister of a ward obtaining thousands and thousands of pounds worth of overtime, forged timesheets, forged notes the lot.
Even pocketing cash donations off relatives of patients, it was awful but when it came to court she was told under no circumstance should she take the stand because she bullied so many staff members from nurses, drs, porters and admin it wouldn’t be in her best interest !
This fraud was over a fair few years so in relation to LL why move somewhere else when she already knows exactly how her ward worked, the staff and the wards weaknesses.
Blind spots, missing notes, limited staff?
I think it was only a matter of time before she was caught.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
In one of the courtroom sketches LL is shown with a notepad and papers in hand. Probably is insignificant but I did wonder whether she could be making notes and reading up on the evidence in preparation for taking the stand?

Reactions: 6
In one of the courtroom sketches LL is shown with a notepad and papers in hand. Probably is insignificant but I did wonder whether she could be making notes and reading up on the evidence in preparation for taking the stand?
i did read at some point in the trial that she was making notes and passing them to her legal team. But it was a while ago so can’t remember where I saw it reported.

Reactions: 3
Probably to comment on any issues she wants to raise. We've all got lots of questions about the evidence and she was a skilled nurse with a few years of experience under her belt so probably trying to look at it from a nurse perspective too.

Reactions: 5
On the podcast they said she occasionally passed a note to her solicitor.

There is a story about Beverly allit in the papers today. About her father leaving her some money after he died this year. Posters have wondered how letbys parents must be feeling and thinking, BAs parents always maintained she was innocent. I can’t fathom how especially as she admitted to the attacks several years later.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
“Do matalan deliver to prison?”
Amazon and Argos are allowed to
There is a story about Beverly allit in the papers today. About her father leaving her some money after he died this year. Posters have wondered how letbys parents must be feeling and thinking, BAs parents always maintained she was innocent. I can’t fathom how especially as she admitted to the attacks several years later.
I guess she's their baby when it boils down to it. Probably just deluded themselves as it was to painful to face the facts.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Was that article not just mixed up cause originally there was 8 murder charges
I’m not sure. I copied the entire article but was not sure if was ok to post. Then I lost it - long day. I am not familiar with English publications so not sure it was correct. I will look for it again.

Reactions: 1
The info. Was given in the Dec. 2, 2022 articl
Sorry, here is article name:
Lucy Letby: the NHS nurse on trial for murdering babies
Nurse accused of trying to kill Child G hours after making a banner to celebrate the baby’s first 100 days of life

I hope there’s better reporting this week. Those families and the babies deserve more people to be aware of what’s happened to them. Whether she’s G or not it should be being better reported this trial is huge.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.