Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah and it doesnt mean they had any assistance to have her or anything, just could have worked out that way for them.

I'm in my early 30's and having my 3rd and I am still one of the youngest in the waiting rooms.

It's simply too unaffordable, this will be my last, childcare cost make having any more just impossible.
It’s such a shame that it’s the case tbh, I would love a big family but the costs are just terrifying!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Curious to see what your replies are. I know it is a hard question to answer without actually going through it, but if you were accused of the same thing and hand on heart knew you were innocent but legal advice was not to give evidence, what would you do? I really think if I was innocent I’d not be able to keep quiet protesting my innocence from the start.

does anyone know if Rebecca Leighton gave evidence?

Reactions: 3
Curious to see what your replies are. I know it is a hard question to answer without actually going through it, but if you were accused of the same thing and hand on heart knew you were innocent but legal advice was not to give evidence, what would you do? I really think if I was innocent I’d not be able to keep quiet protesting my innocence from the start.

i would 100% want to give evidence. I’d also be completely honest in police interviews. I’d be working 24/7in an attempt to offer anything I could to prove I did not do this.
as you say, it’s tricky to know as we’re not in that situation & can imagine you’d just follow legal advice

Reactions: 9

The thing is, you would already feel like the system was stacked against you - even on this thread lots of people have said that even to get to trial state she’s most likely guilty. So you could be totally innocent, but random searches from your phone or forums you’ve joined are all painting a picture of you that looks guilty 🤷🏽‍♀️

As an example; I would never ever harm my children. Have I sent texts to my friends complaining how much they are doing my head in? Absolutely. God forbid if something was to happen to one of my children and then my phone was searched, I’d look guilty as sin.

Reactions: 9

Rebecca never had a trial. She was released six weeks after being charged.

Frankie Smith gave evidence and she was on trial for murder but found NG. She actually came back with a lot of don’t know / can’t remember answers too.

I honestly don’t know what I would do!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

I would want to give evidence 100% but I know I’d be absolutely terrified and would do whatever my legal team advised.

Reactions: 11
Rebecca never had a trial. She was released six weeks after being charged.

Frankie Smith gave evidence and she was on trial for murder but found NG. She actually came back with a lot of don’t know / can’t remember answers to.

I honestly don’t know what I would do!
The fact that she was released 6 weeks after charge makes me think LL is guilty.. they have had long enough to realise they have made a mistake

Reactions: 8

She never made it to court

I know they were both defending people accused of murder but Ben proper gives me Cough Goddard vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The fact that she was released 6 weeks after charge makes me think LL is guilty.. they have had long enough to realise they have made a mistake
Yes it used to frustrate me in the early days of the trial when people compared Lucy to Rebecca Leighton. It’s obviously a horrible situation for her but she was only in prison for six weeks, not two years like Lucy. Plus there was still a killer! Murder had still taken place. They just sadly got the wrong person initially.

If I wasn't guilty I would absolutely take the stand.

Particularly if I'm looking at life behind bars....I'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Is it her decision?

I'd be screaming from the shitting rooftops!!

Reactions: 11
If I wasn't guilty I would absolutely take the stand.

Particularly if I'm looking at life behind bars....I'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Is it her decision?

I'd be screaming from the shitting rooftops!!
It will be her decision, Myers can’t stop her. But he might advise not to. I don’t know how much he can advise her though, is their laws about ‘coaching’?

They are not allowed to coach. I have yet to meet a criminal barrister who hasn’t though to a degree but they are allowed of course to discuss various questions a defendant may well be asked if they were on the stand.
When I said upthread her parents did not ( to me at least ) share similar looks I was wondering if they had adopted her. I have never heard that mentioned to be honest it was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Reactions: 13
I would 100% take to the stand if I was innocent - it’s your one chance to fight your corner.
I would have held my hands up at the Facebook searches and said I was a nosy bastard far too absorbed in my work if I was her. This is partly why I think she is guilty because she knows it looks bad and stacks against her. Denying it looks worse.

Reactions: 16
I’d also take the stand if I was innocent. If I was innocent I’d have nothing to hide, so taking the stand wouldn’t be a detriment to myself.

I would trust my lawyer tbh, I’d be too scared of the prosecution lawyers trying to tie me in knots and make me say something which made me sound guilty even though I was innocent

Reactions: 14

I'd want to take the stand but I've seen myself turn to mush during difficult work meetings and that's without an audience or someone going at me. I think I'd take the advice from whoever was defending me. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of making you look worse.

Reactions: 12
I'd want to take the stand but I've seen myself turn to mush during difficult work meetings and that's without an audience or someone going at me. I think I'd take the advice from whoever was defending me. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of making you look worse.
That’s another thing, I literally cannot do public speaking. I had to give evidence in court when I was a kid (civil not criminal trial mind) and I was literally so scared I couldn’t speak lmao, god knows how I’d cope if I was innocent and accused of committing like 10 murders 😂

• Haha
That’s another thing, I literally cannot do public speaking. I had to give evidence in court when I was a kid (civil not criminal trial mind) and I was literally so scared I couldn’t speak lmao, god knows how I’d cope if I was innocent and accused of committing like 10 murders 😂
I think I forget how quiet some people are, I’d be screaming and shouting every minute spare I had if I was innocent🤣🤣🤣

to me some of her texts don’t come across as someone who is afraid of confrontation so I wonder what personality she had in terms of on the ward.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My mind can run at a 100mph so I would be going over every possible question and my response in my head. I know it’s easy to forget things but if I was up for murder I’d be lying in my cell trying to remember every detail.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.