Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curious to see what your replies are. I know it is a hard question to answer without actually going through it, but if you were accused of the same thing and hand on heart knew you were innocent but legal advice was not to give evidence, what would you do? I really think if I was innocent I’d not be able to keep quiet protesting my innocence from the start.

does anyone know if Rebecca Leighton gave evidence?
I don't think it got that far before they realized they made a mistake.

Reactions: 6
I don't think it got that far before they realized they made a mistake.
Yes @Tofino corrected me. I was not aware of that I thought she went through the whole trail. I honestly think that makes me think she is even more guilty because there must have been so many opportunities to realise they are making a mistake.

Reactions: 8
She probably made their job a whole lot easier once they found the paperwork she had at home and they had accessed her phone.

I feel bad for saying this but I wonder if they were filming the police case as it’s such a huge investigation. It’s not because I’m morbid but I know other high profile cases have had documentaries made about them.

Reactions: 9
If I was innocent I'd for sure wanna take the stand but the prosecution would tear you to shreds and just nothing good can come of it really. Don't think you can ever really prepare yourself for that type of questioning.

As far as the specific investigation period, there's some sort of rule which means even if they know she likely did more before child A, they can only look at a certain time frame for this trial if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure on the attempted murder charges-does this mean it's reached the threshold that they think she knew she could cause death? Or does it not work like that? Because she's a nurse, I think she knows what will kill a child and the attempts were not actual attempts to kill those times but more like GBH or equivalent? Not that it matters I guess, she still needs to go down for all of it (if guilty-I say that every time just because trial is not over yet). Just speaking purely from a motive point of view on the attempts.

Reactions: 10
Who are they talking about here? The nurse says she hopes they are both OK - I’m assuming another baby was unwell and that the previous Thursday was horrific. Could she had seen the support another nurse was getting and wanted it back on her?

View attachment 1775208View attachment 1775210

Her guessing who was talking about her is beyond odd.

View attachment 1775257
Not one bit of sympathy towards the nurse who said she was having a hard time and not sleeping. It sounds like the nice group are falling apart and the bitching and gossiping is setting in.
I also think there were more victims ,they just couldn’t get enough evidence to bring charges for.
If guilty who knows how many other innocent babies have been harmed by her
I came across an earlier article that said she was being investigated for 17 deaths and 8 attempts!

• Sad
  • Wow
Honestly it wasn't a dig just my opinion. Most people who have that big an age gap now have more than one child, as in they have that age gap with their 3rd or 4th, not their 1st.

It would be uncommon 30 plus years ago to wait until your 40's to have your first child. Completely different to now when it would be quite common.
Absolute nonsense. My husband was 45 when our first child was born. Completely normal.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
She probably made their job a whole lot easier once they found the paperwork she had at home and they had accessed her phone.

I feel bad for saying this but I wonder if they were filming the police case as it’s such a huge investigation. It’s not because I’m morbid but I know other high profile cases have had documentaries made about them.
There is a series which is fascinating, following the police investigation 'from crime to conviction'. Here is a link if anyone is interested:
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/catching-a-killer

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If I was innocent I'd for sure wanna take the stand but the prosecution would tear you to shreds and just nothing good can come of it really. Don't think you can ever really prepare yourself for that type of questioning.

As far as the specific investigation period, there's some sort of rule which means even if they know she likely did more before child A, they can only look at a certain time frame for this trial if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure on the attempted murder charges-does this mean it's reached the threshold that they think she knew she could cause death? Or does it not work like that? Because she's a nurse, I think she knows what will kill a child and the attempts were not actual attempts to kill those times but more like GBH or equivalent? Not that it matters I guess, she still needs to go down for all of it (if guilty-I say that every time just because trial is not over yet). Just speaking purely from a motive point of view on the attempts.
If you kill someone you needed to have intended to kill them or cause them GBH, for attempted murder you have to intended wanted to kill them (no GBH - so actually quite tricky to prove sometimes that you didn’t just want to cause them GBH). Prosecution must feel confident they can prove the intention was to kill, or they’d have gone with a GBH charge instead (for context a s18 GBH - GBH with intent carries the same maximum sentence as attempted murder so often the preferred charge where you can’t quite prove they intended to kill, only that they intended to cause GBH). Hope that makes sense?

Reactions: 9
I presume there have been no similar unexplainable collapses and unexpected deaths on that ward since her removal….

Reactions: 3
I presume there have been no similar unexplainable collapses and unexpected deaths on that ward since her removal….
The whole ward was downgraded after this so hard to compare but the stats from before she started working were something like 3 deaths a year!

Reactions: 7
Im watching the catching a killer docu series on channel
4 - thank you for whoever has recommended this! I’ve watched a few on channel 5. Is there any others people recommend?

if lucifer is found G I’ve no doubt this case will be turned into a docu series.

Im watching the catching a killer docu series on channel
4 - thank you for whoever has recommended this! I’ve watched a few on channel 5. Is there any others people recommend?

if lucifer is found G I’ve no doubt this case will be turned into a docu series.
killer at the crime scene - chan 5

Reactions: 4
Yeah and it doesnt mean they had any assistance to have her or anything, just could have worked out that way for them.

I'm in my early 30's and having my 3rd and I am still one of the youngest in the waiting rooms.

It's simply too unaffordable, this will be my last, childcare cost make having any more just impossible.
Maybe they weren't very young when they met and I think her dad is a lot older than her mum. I think the mum was in her 30s but the dad was in his 40s when she was born so the mum wasn't particularly old.

Reactions: 1
It's going to be something of a meaningless statistic, as the status of the unit was downscaled so they won't have been taking babies who are so unwell. I would have a huge number of questions about the stats, so I hope the defence covers that

Reactions: 3
She started working there in 2011 so she was there while the stats were this low.
She might not have started killing right away. The usual age to start is mid 20’s, which is the age she was when the killings started. Maybe there was a trigger, a break up with an ex or something that set her off.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.