Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Football fan??
Yes there has been a mysteriously unwell juror the day after a couple of England games now 🤣! Don’t blame them to be honest, getting smashed and watching the football must be a welcome break from such a horrendous case

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes there has been a mysteriously unwell juror the day after a couple of England games now 🤣! Don’t blame them to be honest, getting smashed and watching the football must be a welcome break from such a horrendous case
Agreed. I thought there was sickness after one of the other games.. I wonder if it's the same one.

Reactions: 2
Agreed. I thought there was sickness after one of the other games.. I wonder if it's the same one.
There was sickness on the first England game televised in the afternoon (Monday).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's a difficult time of year to be running a massive court case and hoping that everyone shows up - there is still loads of Covid about as well as seasonal flu, and I don't suppose it helps if they attend when they're poorly and give it to everyone else too.

Reactions: 17
“Do matalan deliver to prison?”
“Can you run my Suzuki Swift round the block so the battery doesn’t go flat?”

anyone else got a feeling there’s going to be a big shocker to come out about Lucy’s past? Like something that won’t be allowed in court but will come out after?
Can’t shake the feeling. Like a sibling to die is mysterious circumstances or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
“Can you run my Suzuki Swift round the block so the battery doesn’t go flat?”

anyone else got a feeling there’s going to be a big shocker to come out about Lucy’s past? Like something that won’t be allowed in court but will come out after?
Can’t shake the feeling. Like a sibling to die is mysterious circumstances or something.
Probably got a secret OF account that she used to send videos of her punching kittens or something. Sickos pay good doe for that (sadly).

• Sick
Reactions: 4
That’s another thing, I literally cannot do public speaking. I had to give evidence in court when I was a kid (civil not criminal trial mind) and I was literally so scared I couldn’t speak lmao, god knows how I’d cope if I was innocent and accused of committing like 10 murders 😂
Same here, I can’t even bear speaking to just introduce myself in those horrific round the room ice-breakers 🤢🤢🤢

Can anyone be bothered to give me a quick update as I’ve not been on here much since Child E?
I will look at wiki too of course but I gave up following the whole trial as it was too much x

Most of the jurors are women. 8/10 of them. Which is a large amount on one side really.
ooh where did you hear this? That’s interesting

To be fair it must be so hard to be a juror in this case, imagine they have spent a nice weekend getting ready for Christmas, maybe have kids or grandchildren then have to come back in on Monday and have to listen to the horrific details.
These children in this case would have been about 7 and been looking forward to Christmas too 💔💔💔
But someone denied them and their parents that ……

• Sad
Reactions: 17
To be fair it must be so hard to be a juror in this case, imagine they have spent a nice weekend getting ready for Christmas, maybe have kids or grandchildren then have to come back in on Monday and have to listen to the horrific details.
These children in this case would have been about 7 and been looking forward to Christmas too 💔💔💔
But someone denied them and their parents that ……
One of mine was born during the time she was on the prowl. Mad to think these little babies should be his age now. ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Curious to see what your replies are. I know it is a hard question to answer without actually going through it, but if you were accused of the same thing and hand on heart knew you were innocent but legal advice was not to give evidence, what would you do? I really think if I was innocent I’d not be able to keep quiet protesting my innocence from the start.

does anyone know if Rebecca Leighton gave evidence?
Really good question. Although it’s impossible to say how we’d act in this situation, and following legal advice from your legal team is probably the right way to go but id feel really uncomfortable having anyone talk for me if I knew I was innocent, in my experience (in life not court) you can’t rely on anybody to look after your interests as much as you would yourself, all in all I’d probably begrudgingly follow what my solicitor advised but I’d be extremely apprehensive about the fact my future relied on a near strangers ability to get my side across. I’d really wanna go all Ted Bundy and conduct my whole defence but if you’re innocent that comes off slightly arrogant lol

Reactions: 7
It’s definitely a hard gig being a juror on this case I’d say. The sheer length of time your life is adjusted. Some might think it’s just sitting down and listening to others all day but doing that can still be bloody tiring. I don’t know about you, but that amount of listening I just naturally yawn (maybe it’s my kid always waking up in the night) and it’d definitely feel absolutely awful yawning in such a case. I’d actually hate it, given the commuting to court (I don’t live that near to any), juggling two lots of childcare with even less flexibility etc…for around six months. May sound easy 10-4 but given the commuting and rigidity of all of it, no leave really for six months it must take its toll.
Just give me 20 years and I’d be up for attending.

Even if it’s not the football there’s going to be many more days someone is ill

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Really good question. Although it’s impossible to say how we’d act in this situation, and following legal advice from your legal team is probably the right way to go but id feel really uncomfortable having anyone talk for me if I knew I was innocent, in my experience (in life not court) you can’t rely on anybody to look after your interests as much as you would yourself, all in all I’d probably begrudgingly follow what my solicitor advised but I’d be extremely apprehensive about the fact my future relied on a near strangers ability to get my side across. I’d really wanna go all Ted Bundy and conduct my whole defence but if you’re innocent that comes off slightly arrogant lol
I know what you mean, It is strange to think though your future hangs in the balance of strangers which of course is why it is so important to listen to absolutely everything before making a judgement but I appreciate we would be shite on the jury🤣interesting point you make about arrogance because absolutely everything can be twisted either way can’t it.

I’m just not sure her interview responses are ideal for an innocent person. I think I’d have to hold my hands up and say sorry I am just incredibly nosey. Unless her legal advice was to say she didn’t remember? But if it was it really has bit her on the bum a bit.

Reactions: 5
It’s definitely a hard gig being a juror on this case I’d say. The sheer length of time your life is adjusted. Some might think it’s just sitting down and listening to others all day but doing that can still be bloody tiring. I don’t know about you, but that amount of listening I just naturally yawn (maybe it’s my kid always waking up in the night) and it’d definitely feel absolutely awful yawning in such a case. I’d actually hate it, given the commuting to court (I don’t live that near to any), juggling two lots of childcare with even less flexibility etc…for around six months. May sound easy 10-4 but given the commuting and rigidity of all of it, no leave really for six months it must take its toll.
Just give me 20 years and I’d be up for attending.

Even if it’s not the football there’s going to be many more days someone is ill
Absolutely this. I did three days of jury duty recently and the case was really technical with a lot of explaining about how different technology works and it just absolutely fried my brain. I took so many notes as I obviously wanted to ensure I was able to recollect it all and understand it so it was a fair trial but it really did feel like a day at work - or harder! I was so exhausted after only three days I couldn't have imagined it having to go on for months and months. Plus the details of this case will just be so hard to listen to.

Reactions: 8
I know what you mean, It is strange to think though your future hangs in the balance of strangers which of course is why it is so important to listen to absolutely everything before making a judgement but I appreciate we would be shite on the jury🤣interesting point you make about arrogance because absolutely everything can be twisted either way can’t it.

I’m just not sure her interview responses are ideal for an innocent person. I think I’d have to hold my hands up and say sorry I am just incredibly nosey. Unless her legal advice was to say she didn’t remember? But if it was it really has bit her on the bum a bit.
I don’t remember is definitely less suspicious than “no comment” in my head anyway,

I think re her not remembering the fb searches, it’s a tough one because it sounds like she did a lot of searches for children not involved as well, she can’t be expected to remember every detail and reason why she made each search, I think G/NG she’d end up in knots if she started answering questions about them, I’d imagine she wouldn’t be able to justify every search from memory without getting muddled up, she might remember searching x y z but not others and I’d say that could be used against her aswell. so I think that part has to have been advised, I think there must be enough searches for the defence to be confident that they can plausibly say “I don’t remember” and it not raise too many eyebrows

Reactions: 6
I had to cover a civil case a few weeks ago in court just for the day. It’s exhausting.
Sitting still for 6+ hours and concentrating/ note taking is so hard. You are desperate to move about but you can’t. I have a day this week and I’m dreading it.
6 months plus will be utterly brutal on every level for them.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.