Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The defence said Baby C had not been seen by a consultant but this new witness, another consultant, has said he saw the baby a few times during the first few days of his life.
Yeah I just clocked that and it's a complete contradiction.

Reactions: 9
I am a bit lost and wonder if anyone can answer for me. So Lucy was meant to be with another baby and wasn’t, so have they confirmed why and how she ended up with this baby who suddenly took ill? Was she just floating places she shouldn’t have been? One theory I thought was, if she did it to other babies that weren’t her designated then that throws the scent off slightly but it seems everyone saw her in the wrong place?

Reactions: 7
I am a bit lost and wonder if anyone can answer for me. So Lucy was meant to be with another baby and wasn’t, so have they confirmed why and how she ended up with this baby who suddenly took ill? Was she just floating places she shouldn’t have been? One theory I thought was, if she did it to other babies that weren’t her designated then that throws the scent off slightly but it seems everyone saw her in the wrong place?
Nobody knows why or when she went into the room.
I’m assuming she must have slipped in while the designated nurse went to the nurses station for a short time. When she came back she heard the alarm and Lucy was already in there.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
To be fair, there are usually reasons to ‘float about’ maybe even more on nights than days.
I’m getting the impression that senior Nurse MT and junior nurse SE were both designated babies in room 1 as then MT could supervise SE, give her advice, help with care, setting up IVs, double signing meds etc. SE would probably not have been in that room alone.
There was probably another nurse with LL in the other room for the same sort of reasons.
Staff have to go for breaks etc so there would be some legitimate movement but LL placing herself in room 1 frequently would be over the top, especially if MT was there.
Was this the night there was ‘no team spirit’?

Last edited:
Nobody knows why or when she went into the room.
I’m assuming she must have slipped in while the designated nurse went to the nurses station for a short time. When she came back she heard the alarm and Lucy was already in there.
I thought it would be something like that. Thank you for answering. I wonder if they were better staffed she would be getting told off for stuff like that, surely it isn’t good that she was ditching her other poorly patients. I think even if she was innocent, she isn’t coming across a good nurse by doing stuff like that. You can’t just pick and choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought it would be something like that. Thank you for answering. I wonder if they were better staffed she would be getting told off for stuff like that, surely it isn’t good that she was ditching her other poorly patients. I think even if she was innocent, she isn’t coming across a good nurse by doing stuff like that. You can’t just pick and choose.
Thanks...you just said what i was about to say! By sounds of it, she's nor spent much time with babies she is meant to be caring for?

Reactions: 6
To be fair, there are usually reasons to ‘float about’ maybe even more on nights than days.
I’m getting the impression that senior Nurse MT and junior nurse SE were both designated babies in room 1 as then MT could supervise SE, give her advice, help with care, setting up IVs, double signing meds etc. SE would probably not have been in that room alone.
There was probably another nurse with LL in room 2 for the same sort of reasons.
Staff have to go for breaks etc so there would be some legitimate movement but LL placing herself in room 1 frequently would be over the top, especially if MT was there.
So do you think there would be a time she could slip into different rooms and potentially harm babies without no one questioning why she was there? When we have been in ICU’s with my son if we press the buzzer sometimes a different nurse would help so I probably wouldn’t bat an eye lid to that. However it seems she has repeatedly ignored instructions? (Correct me if that is wrong) x

Thanks...you just said what i was about to say! By sounds of it, she's nor spent much time with babies she is meant to be caring for?
No and I’m sure that has been a running theme that she isn’t doing what she was meant to do?

Reactions: 10
There was probably another nurse with LL in room 2 for the same sort of reasons.
Yes.. That was the night.
I think they said she had no reason to be in that room.

Reactions: 7
My heart breaks for Baby C parents hearing all this and of course all the other babies and their parents and families 💔💔💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
There are so many cold blooded people around, I'm not surprised that she was murdering babies for fun, and she was keen to know the victim's parents reaction, she is looking for extra material to make herself enjoying high. The hell is empty, The evil is here under daylight.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
So do you think there would be a time she could slip into different rooms and potentially harm babies without no one questioning why she was there? When we have been in ICU’s with my son if we press the buzzer sometimes a different nurse would help so I probably wouldn’t bat an eye lid to that. However it seems she has repeatedly ignored instructions? (Correct me if that is wrong) x

No and I’m sure that has been a running theme that she isn’t doing what she was meant to do?
I would think so. I know it can be busy at nights but usually less ‘routine’ stuff is being done, certain procedures etc, unless they have to be done.
Usually less nursing staff as there would probably be a reduced number of parents, Drs, physios etc too. I’m not saying there would be a staff shortage, just a reduction in staff need. Obviously every setting is different. It’s not always quiet either!
Lots of things need double checked and double signed. Meds from the fridge etc.
Even going to the toilet. Lots of opportunity for ‘floating about’. Obviously some patients do need strict one to one, but nurses can ‘swap over’ for a bit.
Hope your son is OK now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I would think so. I know it can be busy at nights but usually less ‘routine’ stuff is being done, certain procedures etc, unless they have to be done.
Usually less nursing staff as there would probably be a reduced number of parents, Drs, physios etc too. I’m not saying there would be a staff shortage, just a reduction in staff need. Obviously every setting is different. It’s not always quiet either!
Lots of things need double checked and double signed. Meds from the fridge. Even going to the toilet! Lots of opportunity for ‘floating about’. Obviously some patients do need strict one to one, but nurses can ‘swap over’ for a bit.
Hope your son is OK now.
Thank you, he is getting another surgery next week. I feel entirely grateful to have him here, I cannot imagine the pain those parents must feel😢

• Heart
Thank you, he is getting another surgery next week. I feel entirely grateful to have him here, I cannot imagine the pain those parents must feel😢
Good luck for surgery. Hope all goes well.
Just finished reading the court updates for baby C. He really was a fighter. Heartbreaking 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
New information that I haven’t seen in reports regarding Baby A and B from The Mail podcast. Episode 3. (This woman attends court daily)

Details have came out that Lucy Letby told police that Baby A and B were much wanted babies and the parents had waited a long time for them. Police asked her who told her that and she said it was in the handover. She went on to say that she would treat all parents the same but bare in mind what it takes them to get to this point (having a baby).

There is more bulk to her texts too. She said that it was eating her up to be up in room 3. She said all she’s sees is Baby A in room 1 and that it probably sounds odd but it’s how she deals with things and it’s how she has dealt with things before. She thinks people should respect her for that - her need to be in room 1.

Episodes 3 and 4 seem to have been taken down.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Part of me wants to bow out of following this case so closely, but as a nurse, a mum and now a grandma of a beautiful boy I just can't...I want to believe that another "Beverly Allit" doesn't exist, that a person, part of my profession, who is entrusted with the lives of these tiny babies would not have it in them to do this 😢
As a parent and grandma I can't imagine the pain the families continue to go through💔💔
I am just compelled to stay for the long haul and see it through to the end💔
I'm sure many of us feel this way? Unlike certain FB groups we can all contribute our thoughts and opinions and be respectful of each other!
Not sure what my point is really...other than it's going to get more distressing as the trial moves on and I was thinking, as I say, of bowing out, but I just can't.😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
New information that I haven’t seen in reports regarding Baby A and B from The Mail podcast. Episode 3. (This woman attends court daily)

Details have came out that Lucy Letby told police that Baby A and B were much wanted babies and the parents had waited a long time for them. Police asked her who told her that and she said it was in the handover. She went on to say that she would treat all parents the same but bare in mind what it takes them to get to this point (having a baby).

There is more bulk to her texts too. She said that it was eating her up to be up in room 3. She said all she’s sees is Baby A in room 1 and that it probably sounds odd but it’s how she deals with things and it’s how she has dealt with things before. She thinks people should respect her for that - her need to be in room 1.

she sounds so desperate to be there, at times I thought perhaps I was being too judgemental and taking her texts out of context (the ones about wanting to be in the room) and looking at them ‘biasedly’. I think not ! She is so calculating!!

• Sad
Reactions: 13

Episodes 3 and 4 seem to have been taken down.
This makes me feel so incredibly sad for baby A and Bs parents.
Seems a bit of an odd thing to say, respect her for that? Seems desperate to me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
This makes me feel so incredibly sad for baby A and Bs parents.
Seems a bit of an odd thing to say, respect her for that? Seems desperate to me.
Respect her? I know she was in interview...but everything is about HER...or what I've seen and read😢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
BIB that sounds like a bloody good thing to me. I'm sure there are many parents whose babies were in that unit that are thanking god for not crossing paths with LL.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.