Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps they did! However, it’s also not uncommon for a person lying to slip up under questioning. It take a lot more effort to lie than tell the truth and it is be expected that a person who is guilty will struggle to keep that up continually. Equally, what do you make of her messages trying to get into room 1 prior to baby c’s collapse (then saying she had nothing to do with that baby and that she doesn’t know why she was in there), not caring for her own designated baby and having to be told repeatedly to go back and care for that said baby ?All pretty suspect imo!
Yes...whilst also looking up the family on Facebook later on!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Thought this was interesting. And means her messages to various colleagues about how she persuaded parents to take hand/footprints is a lie? Nurse says that Melanie Taylor did that. Also LL wasn't supposed to be in the family room (that she told various people the parents were in) - why would she insist on being there at the cost of neglecting her own patient? Stuff like this makes me really question her motives.

The prosecution asks: "Whose responsibility is it to ensure the memory box is made and who takes care of it?"

The nurse: "The designated nurse at the time, if they're able."

The nurse said Melanie Taylor took over as designated nurse and "partly" arranged the memory box.

The nurse explains she asked Lucy Letby to focus back on a baby in nursery room 3, but Letby went into the family room "a few times". The nurse recalled asking Lucy Letby to leave the family to Melanie Taylor.

The nurse tells the court Letby did not have any designated duties to be in the family room, and told her "more than once" not to be in the family room

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I guess the same could be said for Lucy's recollection of where she was at the time then.

@candyland_ said the police had determined where she was due to her texts to a colleague. I guess that was why she, had to, admit it in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I don’t think she did at first, she had to admit to it because she had told a colleague via text she had and been in there and they had those messages.
Texts couldn’t place her specifically in a room though (from a technical point of view), only 2£-6 she wrote in the text. I don’t understand why they’re hanging on to that text thing, it’s confusing.

Reactions: 1
Just a question, not intending to start any arguments.

What do the “it’s all circumstantial evidence” people think about the mother walking in on her “attacking” her baby with blood coming out of its mouth?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Texts couldn’t place her specifically in a room though (from a technical point of view), only 2£-6 she wrote in the text. I don’t understand why they’re hanging on to that text thing, it’s confusing.
So you think letby is lying to her colleague about administering meds in that room ?

Reactions: 5
Perhaps they did! However, it’s also not uncommon for a person lying to slip up under questioning. It take’s a lot more effort to lie than tell the truth and it is be expected that a person who is guilty will struggle to keep that up continually. Equally, what do you make of her messages trying to get into room 1 prior to baby c’s collapse (then saying she had nothing to do with that baby and that she doesn’t know why she was in there), not caring for her own designated baby and having to be told repeatedly to go back and care for that said baby ?All pretty suspect imo!
LL text thst she was in there doing some meds but we haven't seen a meds chart yet to confirm that. Her explanation was that she wanted to be in there because she thought it would be good for her after the events with child A&B, possibly hard to recall after a few years. Not caring for her own baby is tit when this one seemed to have become more poorly, but then maybe her baby was settled at the time of the brady and she went to support?

Reactions: 2
She stopped texting at 11pm didn’t she? Could quite easily have text a colleague saying “I’m just doing meds in room 1”.

Reactions: 3
So you think letby is lying to her colleague about administering meds in that room ?
I can't remember now...was baby c in the room alone or was there another baby in there too? I know LLs baby was in a different room that shift. Playing devils advocate, could she have helped meds for another baby in the room? Although if she was, I would have expected her to say that in police interview so maybe not

Reactions: 3
I can't remember now...was baby c in the room alone or was there another baby in there too? I know LLs baby was in a different room that shift. Playing devils advocate, could she have helped meds for another baby in the room? Although if she was, I would have expected her to say that in police interview so maybe not
Yes there were more babies in that room. And yes she absolutely could have given meds to another Baby, however, why not state that ?

imo I think it’s kind of irrelevant it’s more down to the fact she tried to place her self away from the room. If you had nothing to hide why hide the fact you were in there ? Everything about this shift and her actions are very suspect!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I know you say you aware of the Rebecca Leighton case, however, Rebecca was only the accused for a short space of time in comparison to Letby (horrendous all the same). The police and prosecution did get this wrong but once further evidence came to light the charges against her were dropped after five months. It never went to trial I believe ? And some ones else was responsible. Her’s was a case of the wrong person not that there wasn’t a poisoner or murderer at work. The police have been piecing evidence together for 7 years! The insulin incidents show that someone was deliberately hurting these babies! If it wasn’t Letby I think it’s likely after years they would have had another suspect in mind. It’s all pointing to her.
Exactly this. I listened to a Podcast about Stepping Hill and Rebecca was in prison on remand for six months facing very very similar charges although not on neo nates. The actual culprit got too cocky and hit while she was on remand and so she was found to have no case to answer. He was eventually found guilty. She has never worked again as a nurse and WHO CAN BLOODY BLAME HER!
But yes, this has to be pinned on someone, as with Allit, Conlon and this case it can't be disputed that these murders via insulin happened, just at whose hands. Unless the defence has some evidence as to the real culprit or to prove how it could not have been LL beyond a reasonable doubt (because, say, she was on remand)??? I have voted guilty.

Reactions: 15
No, what I mean is - why implicate herself in being the only one there if you know you’re under questioning for harming that baby?

Reactions: 6
No, what I mean is - why implicate herself in being the only one there if you know you’re under questioning for harming that baby?
I think she slipped up. If you have ever listened to a guilty person under questioning it’s not uncommon.

Reactions: 9
True- but if the actual killer in that case had just stopped murdering people as soon as Rebecca Leighton was charged then they possibly could have continued with prosecuting her. She obviously did enough to justify a charge but she was innocent. A lot of what ifs, and in some ways no they’re not comparable. But there’s a lot we don’t know about what has actually happened at the hospital LL was at and really I think a lot of it is stuff we won’t find out until after their investigation has ended, which could take years.
I do feel Stepping hill man proved that these people with this type of compulsion just cannot stop, even if it's at the risk of them being identitfied.

Reactions: 18
I do feel Stepping hill man proved that these people with this type of compulsion just cannot stop, even if it's at the risk of them being identitfied.
BA didn’t either did she. She did some very questionable things after her first arrest and suspension. Poisoned the dog of the family that took her in for example!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
The defence said Baby C had not been seen by a consultant but this new witness, another consultant, has said he saw the baby a few times during the first few days of his life.

Reactions: 11
Do you think we'll find out if the babies/their families that were targeted have something in common?
It's just weird to me that she was so desperate to get to this baby instead of a baby she was already looking after. Was it so it doesn't look as suspicious because she isn't the designated nurse? Or was she targeting babies who were most vulnerable to lessen suspicion?
You can very sadly Google them, the Mirror and other nationals released their names back in 2020 it looks like … truly heartbreaking reading them 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've not ever swung from not guilty but feeling less hopeful I'll be proved wrong daily. Which is miserable.

I'm on the fence about if her age is relevant with her behaviour, 18 year olds work in nursing homes and will give competent palitive care and be empathic to greiving families and give them great comfort, other 18 year olds are still playing with sparklers in the park, so age is a difficult thing to judge anyone on as we mature so differently as people. She was very young at the time these deaths occurred. I can't work out if I care about the fact she's very young at this time, because it shouldn't be relevant but it is I suppose.

She seems mature on paper but she's immature in behaviour. Being asked to leave a situation by senior staff more than once is a massive 🚩 we can't ignore.

*if* she's guilty, i think a lack of maturity and life experience is what caught her out, if she was more experienced and had been there longer, spaced out murders as opposed to a spree, she'd probably not have been caught for many years, if ever.
*if* she's innocent, behaving childishly such as interfering and getting involved in other people's duties, that could also be immaturity, wanting to be present with no self awareness youre being a bleeping nuisance.

Sorry for waffle. Might change my name to waffle face.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.