Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I think that’s right. She had been texting earlier saying she wanted to be in room 1.
See this, along with leaving her own patient and being told to leave the parents repeatedly is really quite concerning to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Voted guilty - the moment the defence made the statement along the lines of “here is a women who says this isn’t her fault” and not “here is a women who is innocent” I felt she was guilty. The defence can’t lie and they haven’t out right said she’s innocent, they are trying to cast doubt but for me it isn’t enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’m still unsure- but open minded.

I’m reminded very much of the Rebecca Leighton case and can see how easily someone can be suspected of something they then turn out to have nothing to do with. Not saying LL is innocent, but I think more compelling evidence is still to come if she’s guilty.

As always- appreciating the discussions and thoughts from either side. And thanks for the new thread and the wiki @Tofino
I know you say you aware of the Rebecca Leighton case, however, Rebecca was only the accused for a short space of time in comparison to Letby (horrendous all the same). The police and prosecution did get this wrong but once further evidence came to light the charges against her were dropped after five months. It never went to trial I believe ? And some ones else was responsible. Her’s was a case of the wrong person not that there wasn’t a poisoner or murderer at work. The police have been piecing evidence together for 7 years! The insulin incidents show that someone was deliberately hurting these babies! If it wasn’t Letby I think it’s likely after years they would have had another suspect in mind. It’s all pointing to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I know you say you aware of the Rebecca Leighton case, however, Rebecca was only the accused for a short space of time in comparison to Letby (horrendous all the same). The police and prosecution did get this wrong but once further evidence came to light the charges against her were dropped after five months. It never went to trial I believe ? And some ones else was responsible. Her’s was a case of the wrong person not that there wasn’t a poisoner or murderer at work. The police have been piecing evidence together for 7 years! The insulin incidents show that someone was deliberately hurting these babies! If it wasn’t Letby I think it’s likely after years they would have had another suspect in mind. It’s all pointing to her.
I agree - and attacks continued after she was suspended.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I appreciate your opinion but, honestly,though she did go through hell....this case is enormous and investigation gone on for years. She was in custody 6 weeks or so before charges dropped...I personally don't think it compares, but appreciate we all have our thoughts and opinions and I honestly want to feel unsure, but just can't right at this moment sadly.😢
True- but if the actual killer in that case had just stopped murdering people as soon as Rebecca Leighton was charged then they possibly could have continued with prosecuting her. She obviously did enough to justify a charge but she was innocent. A lot of what ifs, and in some ways no they’re not comparable. But there’s a lot we don’t know about what has actually happened at the hospital LL was at and really I think a lot of it is stuff we won’t find out until after their investigation has ended, which could take years.

Reactions: 6
Still unsure, and probably won't say otherwise until the case is over. If this is still part of the agreed evidence/the prosecution, then there is still a long way to go and I'm keen that her defense make their case before I call her guilty. The prosecution are doing a great job at painting a narrative, but a lot of this is just circumstantial at the moment. Some of the witness testimonies seem to be contradictory to their original police statements as well, which isn't helping.

Reactions: 13
I appreciate your opinion but, honestly,though she did go through hell....this case is enormous and investigation gone on for years. She was in custody for a short period, allbeit too long, before charges dropped...I personally don't think it compares, but appreciate we all have our thoughts and opinions and I honestly want to feel unsure, but just can't right at this moment sadly.😢
I didn’t realise you had replied much the same as me sorry @EllsBellsWells

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you @Tofino for making a new thread.

Notes for Child C include 'suspected sepsis' and 'jaundice'. I can confirm that jaundice is very common in prem babies - I had it, looked like a Simpson for a while but was absolutely fine. But sepsis is a lot more concerning. The nurse said that there were no significant concerns before the shift began. Is this not a contradiction? I'm confused.
I think the Dr had written ??sepsis which I take to mean that although there were some minor signs that could point to sepsis, among other things, these were not sufficient to indicate this even approaching a firm diagnosis. I believe Baby C’s lactose levels were falling so that would likely indicate that sepsis was even less probable.
I mentioned earlier my grandson had precautionary antibiotics at birth because of some slightly raised blood results but the Dr explained these results could be caused by other factors, like the stress of birth, and they were erring on the side of caution by administering them.
In other words Baby C did not have sepsis, IMO.

How can it be circumstantial when each and every baby collapsed within 2-15 minutes of her being around them? It’s all there in the prosecutions case.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
How can it be circumstantial when each and every baby collapsed within 2-15 minutes of her being around them? It’s all there in the prosecutions case.
Air by a baby’s spine isn’t circumstantial 🙈

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I've missed the last 4 threads by being away, but I can see that there was a big swing to guilty between thread 10 and 11, can anyone provide a quick summary of what came out on that thread please?

Sorry to ask, but I feel very behind the curve.

Reactions: 2
It's circumstantial because she was known to be present but wasn't witnessed doing anything. Circumstantial evidence doesn't necessarily have less weight than direct evidence, especially when it's more than one incident, but this evidence is circumstantial in that something happened and she was there, and we might infer that she's responsible.

Reactions: 11
Minor annoyance given the subject matter being discussed in these threads, but I wish the court reporter would actually state when they break for lunch and what time they are expected back. Some days he does give an update saying court has now broken for lunch but only about 5 mins before they resume after an hour long break. I tend to check in on lunchbreak so it's good to know where it is at when is am trying to catch up.

Edit to add...he has just done exactly that. 2.02pm and said court has broken for lunch and is resuming at 2.05...3 mins later.

Reactions: 14
Circumstancial evidence definition from google (won't trust myself to summarise from memory as I did an A level in law some time ago 😅):

"Evidence that does not directly prove a fact in dispute, but allows the fact finder to draw a reasonable inference about the existence or non-existence of a fact based on the evidence."

Air by a baby’s spine isn’t circumstantial 🙈
It's not direct evidence and falls into circumstantial imo.

Reactions: 9
I wasn’t sure what Opti flow was so had a Google.
Looks like high flow humidified air, or air/oxygen via a more sophisticated nasal cannula device. Very non-invasive.
F131F72B-E14C-41F7-A757-0A90BD6F0974.jpeg

I wasn’t sure what Opti flow was so had a Google.
Looks like high flow humidified air, or air/oxygen via a more sophisticated nasal cannula device. Very non-invasive.View attachment 1693225

Thankyou...saved me a job..keep meaning to look it up!

Reactions: 5
Minor annoyance given the subject matter being discussed in these threads, but I wish the court reporter would actually state when they break for lunch and what time they are expected back. Some days he does give an update saying court has now broken for lunch but only about 5 mins before they resume after an hour long break. I tend to check in on lunchbreak so it's good to know where it is at when is am trying to catch up.

Edit to add...he has just done exactly that. 2.02pm and said court has broken for lunch and is resuming at 2.05...3 mins later.
It’s very annoying. Would save having to refresh the page for a whole hour too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.