Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Haveyouanywool not being easily resuscitated is becoming a common pattern? The doctor has just said they would expect normally some positive response even if short lived. Can you help explain that? My simple brain is saying, it is more indication that the baby isn’t slowly deteriorating from some condition but I obviously have no idea really. Thanks x

Reactions: 9
I think we are getting a very one sided story here. We start on the difference witness mid flow of questions.

Reactions: 1
NCPAP. Nasal Continuous Positive Airways Pressure. Via nasal prongs or nasal mask.
Non-invasive ventilation.

AF05FAC9-4F06-4348-9C6D-C396CB03A980.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 4
@Haveyouanywool not being easily resuscitated is becoming a common pattern? The doctor has just said they would expect normally some positive response even if short lived. Can you help explain that? My simple brain is saying, it is more indication that the baby isn’t slowly deteriorating from some condition but I obviously have no idea really. Thanks x
I’m glad that she’s said that because I think a lot of people outside the medical field wouldn’t know that this is the case.

If the baby was dying (of sepsis for example or another infection) then you should be able to get the baby going again as you start cpr as soon as the baby collapses. Like she said, you should be able to get the heart going again, even if just for a short while, like you say, it’s because they would be slowly deteriorating if it was caused by an infection.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Doesn't sound like any of the witnesses have been very sure of who was where or what they were doing on the bradys or eventual collapse. I feel like the defence won't have a difficult job of creating doubt around her opportunity.

Reactions: 12
Gosh this is all so sad to hear. Whatever the outcome, I hope the families feel they have had some sort of justice for their poor babies at the end of all this.

Reactions: 7
Doesn't sound like any of the witnesses have been very sure of who was where or what they were doing on the bradys or eventual collapse. I feel like the defence won't have a difficult job of creating doubt around her opportunity.
Letby places herself as the only one in the room for the final collapse in her police interview I believe. Her texts also show she was in there which she had tried to deny at first.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s literally been decades since I’ve been in neonates and haven’t seen this, rare, event.
I’m imagining that it’s something to do with the embolism blocking blood vessels and even breaking up and causing smaller bubbles to circulate. Embolism to the pulmonary veins and/or arteries are extremely detrimental to breathing.
An example, an embolism could be caused by a blood clot, so if you have a large blood clot trapped in the blood vessels suppling the heart muscle (a heart attack) that part of the heart muscle will likely die and no amount of CPR is going to save you.
I’m not a Dr though! You could definitely get a better explanation!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I know I’ve said this multiple times but she admitted to the police she was alone when Baby C collapsed.
6B02D181-70D2-47C4-88B0-6AF83CEAEB3C.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The nurse also recalls Lucy Letby was on duty that night, looking after 'at least' one different baby, in room 3.

The nurse said she had 'concerns over respiratory distress' for that baby at the start of that night shift. He was 'grunting', and such symptoms had not been present prior to that.

Did any one else pick up on this earlier?! Like the nurse is now questioning whether Lucy had something do to with this baby’s symptoms also? . Not saying Letby does but perhaps the nurse may now think so 🤨

might reading too much into this, but it stood out to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I beg to differ. LL admitted herself, in her 3rd police interview, that she was the only one there, she had a reason to lie, and she did.
During a ‘crash’ like this it would be difficult to remember, who or where everyone was. That would not be the kind of detail you would expect to have to concentrate on or remember. Would you really think you would have to remember as it could lead to a police investigation?
Nurse SE was upset. The shift leader would be trying to sort out the poor baby, parents, other staff, care for other babies etc, never mind try to get nurse LL back to where she should have been!
I think the Prosecution will shoot the Defence’s argument down in flames.

Reactions: 15
The latest witness statements do contradict what’s been said but like you say, LL stated in interview she was the only one there. But why implicate herself like that?
I don’t think she did at first, she had to admit to it because she had told a colleague via text she had and been in there and they had those messages.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The nurse also recalls Lucy Letby was on duty that night, looking after 'at least' one different baby, in room 3.

The nurse said she had 'concerns over respiratory distress' for that baby at the start of that night shift. He was 'grunting', and such symptoms had not been present prior to that.

Did any one else pick up on this earlier?! Like the nurse is now questioning whether Lucy had something do to with this baby’s symptoms also? . Not saying Letby does but perhaps the nurse may now think so 🤨

might reading too much into this, but it stood out to me.
This stood out to me too because they (this baby) were actually referred to in the opening statements and they were called JB. I thought it was interesting that they included this information.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ben Myers keeps trying to get the different witnesses to say that the baby shouldn't have been in a level 2 unit, yet it has been stated at least 3 times by different witnesses that the decision would have been made jointly with Liverpool women's hospital consultants as to where he should be. They didn't make the decision themselves in isolation so it feels like a somewhat redundant point he is making to be able to try and paint this as negligence

Reactions: 19
From what I have heard so far every member of staff have tried their hardest with each baby prior to their collapse.

He said the same with the twins and they were originally due to be delivered at another hospital. I bet those parents wish nothing more than to go back and have their babies moved.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I know I’ve said this multiple times but she admitted to the police she was alone when Baby C collapsed. View attachment 1693320
'She then agreed that she had been the only person in the room' sounds like the police have put that to her and she's said yes. If she is innocent we don't know what her mental state would have been at that time.

I beg to differ. LL admitted herself, in her 3rd police interview, that she was the only one there, she had a reason to lie, and she did.
During a ‘crash’ like this it would be difficult to remember, who or where everyone was. That would not be the kind of detail you would expect to have to concentrate on or remember. Would you really think you would have to remember as it could lead to a police investigation?
Nurse SE was upset. The shift leader would be trying to sort out the poor baby, parents, other staff, care for other babies etc, never mind try to get nurse LL back to where she should have been!
I think the Prosecution will shoot the Defence’s argument down in flames.
I guess the same could be said for Lucy's recollection of where she was at the time then.

Do you think we'll find out if the babies/their families that were targeted have something in common?
It's just weird to me that she was so desperate to get to this baby instead of a baby she was already looking after. Was it so it doesn't look as suspicious because she isn't the designated nurse? Or was she targeting babies who were most vulnerable to lessen suspicion?

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Also every Dr have now all stated they have never seen a baby just collapse and die like that without all the other warning signs. I suppose defence could try and bring in an expert who can show cases where this has happened but I just can't see any of the Dr's putting their reputation on the line to lie or make things up for court. Every witness has said how odd, unexpected and sudden it was and nothing they have ever experienced.

Reactions: 22
'She then agreed that she had been the only person in the room' sounds like the police have put that to her and she's said yes. If she is innocent we don't know what her mental state would have been at that time.

I guess the same could be said for Lucy's recollection of where she was at the time then.
Perhaps they did! However, it’s also not uncommon for a person lying to slip up under questioning. It take’s a lot more effort to lie than tell the truth and it is be expected that a person who is guilty will struggle to keep that up continually. Equally, what do you make of her messages trying to get into room 1 prior to baby c’s collapse (then saying she had nothing to do with that baby and that she doesn’t know why she was in there), not caring for her own designated baby and having to be told repeatedly to go back and care for that said baby ?All pretty suspect imo!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.