Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those podcast episodes are back up. They hear from a man from the press association.. He says that they all have a full view of LL. When they say a screen is in front of her they mean a screen to view the same documents that they jury see.

Reactions: 10
Not sure if it’s been said anywhere but how many nurses would be working on a night shift?

Hi I don't know if I'm being thick but it sounded to me like LL wasn't near baby C before the collapse. Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. X

Hi I don't know if I'm being thick but it sounded to me like LL wasn't near baby C before the collapse. Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. X
I think MT said that LL was already in Room 1 at the time of collapse. It was on Fridays court session.

Reactions: 3
That extra context you have shared from the podcast @candyland_ is a bit disconcerting. It's like she feels she has the right above all other's needs to be in that room, like her needs/feelings trump everyone else's. It's arrogant and self centred if nothing else.

That poor family. If she was as brash as they say, rushing them when baby c hadn't even died at that point, it's just awful. Like she has no insight or empathy with others which is such an unusual trait for someone in nursing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I just can't understand how a senior nurse would see her leave a sick baby what.. A few times? And let it slide
I've only experience as a mum to a baby in scbu but the nurses weren't in the room 24/7 I was in the room with my baby and 2 or 3 other babies and 0 or 1 or 2 other parents a few times and the nurse would be outside - able to see babies stats from the monitors at reception. She would pop in and out. When my baby's oxygen dipped a few times the nurse popped in briefly to check the prob was attached correctly then a doctor casual walked in after a few minutes. Obviously the nurse had paged them and the doc increased O2 in the incubator for a while. I thought it was normal not to be bedside 24/7 but maybe NICU is different.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Part of me wants to bow out of following this case so closely, but as a nurse, a mum and now a grandma of a beautiful boy I just can't...I want to believe that another "Beverly Allit" doesn't exist, that a person, part of my profession, who is entrusted with the lives of these tiny babies would not have it in them to do this 😢
As a parent and grandma I can't imagine the pain the families continue to go through💔💔
I am just compelled to stay for the long haul and see it through to the end💔
I'm sure many of us feel this way? Unlike certain FB groups we can all contribute our thoughts and opinions and be respectful of each other!
Not sure what my point is really...other than it's going to get more distressing as the trial moves on and I was thinking, as I say, of bowing out, but I just can't.😢
I totally agree with you ❤❤
I feel like no one wins with either outcome … of course the family’s will have justice and that is the most important thing. Guilty, then she is the most prolific child killer in the UK history, not guilty and her life is ruined and the family’s don’t have the answers and been dragged through absolute hell - so so many lives will be ruined if she is found guilty the ripple affect will be huge 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I wasn’t sure what Opti flow was so had a Google.
Looks like high flow humidified air, or air/oxygen via a more sophisticated nasal cannula device. Very non-invasive.View attachment 1693225

I think I’m right in saying (it’s been nearly 7 years since my daughters long stay in Nicu) but it goes
Ventilator (intubation)
CPAP
High flow
Low flow (oxygen)
Air (no support needed)
High flow & low flow would be weaned down slowly. And if there were bad days etc it might need upping again. X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've only experience as a mum to a baby in scbu but the nurses weren't in the room 24/7 I was in the room with my baby and 2 or 3 other babies and 0 or 1 or 2 other parents a few times and the nurse would be outside - able to see babies stats from the monitors at reception. She would pop in and out. When my baby's oxygen dipped a few times the nurse popped in briefly to check the prob was attached correctly then a doctor casual walked in after a few minutes. Obviously the nurse had paged them and the doc increased O2 in the incubator for a while. I thought it was normal not to be bedside 24/7 but maybe NICU is different.
Yeah I get that they don't stay with baby 24/7 but when you have been told more once to stick to the assigned baby and you haven't it's worrying to me

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Respect her? I know she was in interview...but everything is about HER...or what I've seen and read😢
IF innocent sounds like she needed some sort of counselling (probably none available to her) or she was totally in the wrong job. Not everyone can do that kind of job-she was getting way too emotionally attached to the babies by the sounds of it.

Reactions: 1
LL text thst she was in there doing some meds but we haven't seen a meds chart yet to confirm that. Her explanation was that she wanted to be in there because she thought it would be good for her after the events with child A&B, possibly hard to recall after a few years. Not caring for her own baby is tit when this one seemed to have become more poorly, but then maybe her baby was settled at the time of the brady and she went to support?
sorry missed your reply earlier. She didn’t just text about meds though. She was desperate to get in there- ‘it would be good for her’, If she felt that strongly about it and it was perfectly innocent, I’d say she would remember. There is pattern emerging of her forgetting some very key bits of information. I don’t buy this whole oh it was years ago theory, it’s too convenient. If you do that’s fine, but it’s just not realistic to explain all her suspect actions away by saying she may not remember them. She may not remember certain event’s, however, these events had feelings behind them and research does tells us emotional events are easier to remember and result in stronger memories. I think she is lying!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I think MT said that LL was already in Room 1 at the time of collapse. It was on Fridays court session.
The notes from today's Chester chronicle don't make reference to her being there at the arrest, it was new nurse and miss Taylor I think. So, have they already mentioned that she went in room 1, left the room and then baby collapsed?? Are they saying it was air down Ng tube or in vein? Sorry for million questions. X

That extra context you have shared from the podcast @candyland_ is a bit disconcerting. It's like she feels she has the right above all other's needs to be in that room, like her needs/feelings trump everyone else's. It's arrogant and self centred if nothing else.

That poor family. If she was as brash as they say, rushing them when baby c hadn't even died at that point, it's just awful. Like she has no insight or empathy with others which is such an unusual trait for someone in nursing.
What stood out to me was her saying that going back into a room in that situation had previously helped her. It makes me wonder what’s gone on before Baby A.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
MailOnline are reporting baby c lived for FIVE hours after they stopped full resuscitation. I haven’t seen the length of time reported elsewhere but I might have missed it as have been speed reading to catch up. I can’t imagine how torturous that must have been for the parents, it’s beyond traumatic to lose a baby anyway but these circumstances are just heartbreaking 💔

Dr John Gibbs, a consultant paediatrician who had worked for 20 years at the hospital, told the jury at Manchester Crown Court: 'Surprisingly, while we were waiting for the two minister there were some signs of life.

'I hadn't been expecting that. I was not sure initially what to do, because we had stopped full resuscitation. We were only performing a token resuscitation to allow him to be christened.

'I'm not sure why his breathing – occasional gasps – and his heart beats re-started.

'It was five hours (later) when finally no heart beat was heard and there were no further gasping responses'.

By then Dr Gibbs had returned home, but he recalled a colleague, Katherine Davis, a paediatric registrar in the unit, calling him on a number of occasions.

'She called me – I can't remember how many times – to say 'Baby C is still showing breathing effort'.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
This is an interesting read, from a former criminal barrister.

She says that basically if you’re qualified and available you have to take on both prosecutions and defence cases.

She says that it’s important to do both as it keeps you balanced. But also if part of the criminal bar you can’t turn them down.

That’s probably how LLs usually very good barrister probably ended up with this case.

One that IMHO he’s going to lose (and he knows) ‘sits a woman who says she’s innocent’ so he’s not saying she’s not guilty. He’s not lying. He’s stating facts.

I know people on here have previously questioned how/why he ended up representing her.

sorry missed your reply earlier. She didn’t just text about meds though. She was desperate to get in there- ‘it would be good for her’, If she felt that strongly about it and it was perfectly innocent, I’d say she would remember. There is pattern emerging of her forgetting some very key bits of information. I don’t buy this whole oh it was years ago theory, it’s too convenient. If you do that’s fine, but it’s just not realistic to explain all her suspect actions away by saying she may not remember them. She may not remember certain event’s, however, these events had feelings behind them and research does tells us emotional events are easier to remember and result in stronger memories. I think she is lying!
I don't buy any theory, I'm very much undecided and just trying to see things from different perspectives. People respond so differently to trauma, some people remember every detail, some people forget huge things but remember the colour of someone's nail varnish and some people remember nothing.

MailOnline are reporting baby c lived for FIVE hours after they stopped full resuscitation. I haven’t seen the length of time reported elsewhere but I might have missed it as have been speed reading to catch up. I can’t imagine how torturous that must have been for the parents, it’s beyond traumatic to lose a baby anyway but these circumstances are just heartbreaking 💔

Dr John Gibbs, a consultant paediatrician who had worked for 20 years at the hospital, told the jury at Manchester Crown Court: 'Surprisingly, while we were waiting for the two minister there were some signs of life.

'I hadn't been expecting that. I was not sure initially what to do, because we had stopped full resuscitation. We were only performing a token resuscitation to allow him to be christened.

'I'm not sure why his breathing – occasional gasps – and his heart beats re-started.

'It was five hours (later) when finally no heart beat was heard and there were no further gasping responses'.

By then Dr Gibbs had returned home, but he recalled a colleague, Katherine Davis, a paediatric registrar in the unit, calling him on a number of occasions.

'She called me – I can't remember how many times – to say 'Baby C is still showing breathing effort'.
Oh god that poor family, you just can't even imagine how they felt in that room for 5hr waiting for him to pass 😪

• Sad
This is an interesting read, from a former criminal barrister.

She says that basically if you’re qualified and available you have to take on both prosecutions and defence cases.

She says that it’s important to do both as it keeps you balanced. But also if part of the criminal bar you can’t turn them down.

That’s probably how LLs usually very good barrister probably ended up with this case.

One that IMHO he’s going to lose (and he knows) ‘sits a woman who says she’s innocent’ so he’s not saying she’s not guilty. He’s not lying. He’s stating facts.

I know people on here have previously questioned how/why he ended up representing her.

I am interested to know how many cases he has lost but not sure if that info is anywhere.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.