• Guilty

Votes: 317 62.0%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 29 5.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 165 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last thread:

Wiki:

Today’s live link:

90401A32-627B-467F-A95B-DFABDE68C7D2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Last thread:

Wiki:

Today’s live link:

View attachment 1693059
Thankyou once again!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for new thread. Still voted unsure as I still feel we are only 4 weeks into a very long trial, but I feel the prosecution is slowly starting to do what they said they would, which is build up a pattern of events which are leaving me with a lot of questions.

Reactions: 22
Why is it different I don't get into trouble at work for disobeying orders because mine isn't life or death it isn't as serious
Why wasn't she reprimanded more maybe she was and it wasn't allowed into evidence? I just can't understand how a senior nurse would see her leave a sick baby what.. A few times? And let it slide

Reactions: 15
Thank you @Tofino for making a new thread.

Notes for Child C include 'suspected sepsis' and 'jaundice'. I can confirm that jaundice is very common in prem babies - I had it, looked like a Simpson for a while but was absolutely fine. But sepsis is a lot more concerning. The nurse said that there were no significant concerns before the shift began. Is this not a contradiction? I'm confused.

Reactions: 15
Why is it different I don't get into trouble at work for disobeying orders because mine isn't life or death it isn't as serious
Why wasn't she reprimanded more maybe she was and it wasn't allowed into evidence? I just can't understand how a senior nurse would see her leave a sick baby what.. A few times? And let it slide
My guess is they were too preoccupied with the unexpected collapse and death of baby c that night and that anything else just seemed insignificant in comparison.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m just thinking out loud here but she took Baby A to the morgue and then kept interfering with Baby C during his final moments and then suggested they had said their goodbyes.. Could it be she wanted to be the one to take him away too?

I think she wanted to be involved in his death from start to finish.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Letby was the only member of staff present at all babies ABCD deaths and near deaths. In my mind, there is a mixture of all this in these incidents of- compelling evidence of foul play, compelling evidence of her behaving unnaturally and suspiciously both at the scene and away from it, compelling evidence these babies were doing well and on an upward trajectory before interventions from LL, compelling evidence the babies would have otherwise survived. compelling evidence of air embolism, compelling evidence of recovery from whatever was causing them to crash when away from Letby (eg not a pervasive problem). I personally feel this paints an extremely firm picture. Appreciate others won’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Thank you @Tofino for making a new thread.

Notes for Child C include 'suspected sepsis' and 'jaundice'. I can confirm that jaundice is very common in prem babies - I had it, looked like a Simpson for a while but was absolutely fine. But sepsis is a lot more concerning. The nurse said that there were no significant concerns before the shift began. Is this not a contradiction? I'm confused.
I took this as baby C was stable at the time, despite the sepsis assuming already on treatment etc, and she wasn’t concerned the baby was at risk of collapse. However she was more concerned about LLs patient who she appeared to leave to be involved with baby C. Which to me, is quite concerning in itself, not to mention being repeatedly asked to leave the parents and see to her own patient.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I've voted guilty for the second time now. I just think the whole picture all put together will prove damning.

Reactions: 31
I’m just thinking out loud here but she took Baby A to the morgue and then kept interfering with Baby C during his final moments and then suggested they had said their goodbyes.. Could it be she wanted to be the one to take him away too?

I think she wanted to be involved in his death from start to finish.
Was this also the baby who she said she wanted to look after in room 1? After the trauma of Baby A and B.

I’ve just watched the BA documentary. I remember discussing BA in uni, but it’s just horrifying hearing from the victims and their families. And some similarities.

• Sad
I’m still unsure- but open minded.

I’m reminded very much of the Rebecca Leighton case and can see how easily someone can be suspected of something they then turn out to have nothing to do with. Not saying LL is innocent, but I think more compelling evidence is still to come if she’s guilty.

As always- appreciating the discussions and thoughts from either side. And thanks for the new thread and the wiki @Tofino

Reactions: 18
GUILTY. It’s heartbreaking they were so understaffed that her crazy, defiant behaviour couldn’t be challenged. In the right environment she may have been disciplined & suspended, even dismissed, for her inappropriate comments & refusal to follow orders. Heartbreaking.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I've voted guilty for the second time now. I just think the whole picture all put together will prove damning.
Mr too...I know it's very early days...I was adamant I would remain on the fence and not be swayed, one way or other...but I have been..I'm prepared to change my opinion but the defence is going to have something massive up his sleeve!!

Reactions: 11
Yes, I think that’s right. She had been texting earlier saying she wanted to be in room 1.
Was this also the baby who she said she wanted to look after in room 1? After the trauma of Baby A and B.

I’ve just watched the BA documentary. I remember discussing BA in uni, but it’s just horrifying hearing from the victims and their families. And some similarities.
How can the defence deflect from her admitting she was in the room with baby c? It’s baffling.

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m still unsure- but open minded.

I’m reminded very much of the Rebecca Leighton case and can see how easily someone can be suspected of something they then turn out to have nothing to do with. Not saying LL is innocent, but I think more compelling evidence is still to come if she’s guilty.

As always- appreciating the discussions and thoughts from either side. And thanks for the new thread and the wiki @Tofino
I appreciate your opinion but, honestly,though she did go through hell....this case is enormous and investigation gone on for years. She was in custody for a short period, allbeit too long, before charges dropped...I personally don't think it compares, but appreciate we all have our thoughts and opinions and I honestly want to feel unsure, but just can't right at this moment sadly.😢

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.