Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus Christ! I’m so scared to have kids reading all your experiences of medical negligence. I mean I’m 24 and I’ve already experienced my fair share and that’s without having being pregnant yet. When I say fair share I mean being sent away with high blood pressure twice to find out a week later that I have end stage kidney failure and weeks to live. Got to laugh or or cry! Anyway I would say I hope things start to improve but things are only getting worse sadly 🙃 scary times ahead for everyone! ALWAYS get a second opinion if something seems off. That’s what I’ve learnt! X

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
What? She was hanging around families trying to spend precious moments with their sick dying babies... That's inappropriate as duck I wouldn't have been as polite as that mum.

She tried to put a baby in a basket that had not passed yet...
I don't know what the 'normal' protocol is for parents spending time with poorly babies though, should a nurse be present for monitoring stats etc? I have no idea. If I was a mum with a really poorly baby that was potentially going to die I personally think I'd *want* a nurse there to help me, I'd be so panicked :(

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Honestly starting to wonder if I'm a bit of a weird one too :D

I've read so many comments about how LL 'comes across' based on a few texts and some shift pattern data. I literally have no idea how some of the reaches get to that point. So she arrived early for some shifts? And what? Maybe as others said, sleeping during the day is not easy and so you pop off to work a bit earlier rather than sit and watch telly and potentially get tired again.

She was 'hanging around' parents. Ok, but what if she just f' offed and didn't interact with parents at all? Then there would be claims that she was cold hearted and didn't have people skills.

I couldn't honestly say that anything we've heard strikes me as being particularly weird, obsessive, 'out there' or rude really.

Maybe it's me? 🥴🥴
me to- we must be weird together

the whole “hanging around the parents” if the baby was on 1:1 care then you would be hanging around keeping an eye

Reactions: 9
So what if it wasn't Lucy? How are people viewing it then? Do we have another nurse hovering and lurking, or are they just doing their job?

I'm not seeing a problem with a nurse 'hovering' I've spent half my life doing exactly that.
I appreciate someone, somewhere will want to talk about coincidences and patterns, and I get it, but there are things we need to exclude from the patterns.. Well, I do anyway.
Well I personally still think it was Lucy, the mother just wasn't right about the time.
IF it wasn't Lucy then yes it's another nurse who needs to learn to be better at her job and more sensitive to parents who are losing their baby.
This isn't a reflection on you at all but to me the behaviour described by the parents is inappropriate.

Reactions: 5
me to- we must be weird together

the whole “hanging around the parents” if the baby was on 1:1 care then you would be hanging around keeping an eye
I think of the opposite scenario - your baby is dying and you get put in a room and left alone? :-/ then it would be 'they left me in a room on my own with a dying baby'

If you can give birth at the Portland like Kate Middleton though, which probably gives you gas and air made from unicorn breath, while a gaggle of angels administer hard drugs to you, I would definitely go for that. Or a vet. Whichever.
Pssst. My aunt was a nurse at the Portland. I think the unicorn breath and angels might be a myth.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So what if it wasn't Lucy? How are people viewing it then? Do we have another nurse hovering and lurking, or are they just doing their job?

I'm not seeing a problem with a nurse 'hovering' I've spent half my life doing exactly that.
I appreciate someone, somewhere will want to talk about coincidences and patterns, and I get it, but there are things we need to exclude from the patterns.. Well, I do anyway.
This made me chuckle a little - I'm sure you also work very hard alongside your hovering :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So the prosecution are saying with baby C, LL was involved (by signing for medication/infusions) 3 times with baby C, and after each time she collapsed, with the 3rd collapse being fatal. And the rash, or skin discolouration, is well documented for each collapse in baby C this time too. How are defence going to counter this😮

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Well I personally still think it was Lucy, the mother just wasn't right about the time.
IF it wasn't Lucy then yes it's another nurse who needs to learn to be better at her job and more sensitive to parents who are losing their baby.
This isn't a reflection on you at all but to me the behaviour described by the parents is inappropriate.
Fair point, and I didn't take it as a, reflection on me, I knew to keep myself small and unobtrusive and let people know why I was there. We've already seen a lot of issues on that unit, I like some clarity if it was her though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Weeder you might just be better at "hovering" and doing your job without making parents extremely uncomfortable and want to tell you to "duck off"!! 😂😂
I imagine it's a skill your either born with or not tbh and I don't think Letby was born with it!!
It's important to acknowledge how she made the parents feel, at this time of crisis they shouldn't be remembering her at all, she shouldn't even be on their radar but she was clearly as subtle as a brick in the face going by the parents accounts!! That to me is a sign of someone who needs to be better at their job.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Of course little Child B would still be in the NICU at this time, but this didn’t cross my mind until now. How eerie, and obviously the parents (Child A’s too) would still be visiting etc. Just sad.
5B5069B0-C309-47DF-B40F-7134E16B39C3.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think without having experienced NICU it's hard sometimes to contextualise stuff. Parents are used to having staff around, for someone to tell a nurse to go away tbh sounds more like they were overstepping the mark. It's not really like other wards, hard to explain though.
Thank you for sharing this, I have no experience of it at all. I get what people are saying about why she shouldn’t or should, have possibly been in with parents, but I think your explanation is good as you have experience in NICU

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Weeder you might just be better at "hovering" and doing your job without making parents extremely uncomfortable and want to tell you to "duck off"!! 😂😂
I imagine it's a skill your either born with or not tbh and I don't think Letby was born with it!!
It's important to acknowledge how she made the parents feel, at this time of crisis they shouldn't be remembering her at all, she shouldn't even be on their radar but she was clearly as subtle as a brick in the face going by the parents accounts!! That to me is a sign of someone who needs to be better at their job.
A timely reminder about acknowledging how the parents feel, thank you.

• Heart
I think of the opposite scenario - your baby is dying and you get put in a room and left alone? :-/ then it would be 'they left me in a room on my own with a dying baby'
Regardless of how me and you feel the babies mum felt she was hovering too close for no reason and wanted her to back off

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think for me there are a few details missing if we want to describe Letby as just hovering doing her job and being attentive- they were not her designated babies, the parents themselves recall finding her insensitive/inappropriate, she has no long professional caring relationship with the babies or parents but searches them multiple times, in sets.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
They are moving onto her texts. It will be intriguing to see what they say.
She seems to be seeking attention in the first one.. Opening it up so they ask her what’s wrong.

81405384-62F4-414C-BC48-5A62C6F044FC.jpeg

Is she trying to say baby had poor care all day?

I think for me there are a few details missing if we want to describe Letby as just hovering doing her job and being attentive- they were not her designated babies, the parents themselves recall finding her insensitive/inappropriate, she has no long professional caring relationship with the babies or parents but searches them multiple times, in sets.
That makes sense.. she wasn’t the designated nurse. If she was they would have spent time around her and known her better.

• Heart
The fact Baby D collapses shortly after meds are given…3 times!! With LL signing for each one I feel it doesn’t really matter what time she started her shift.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.