Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have understood your point, I'm just not convinced totally about the details or components of these patterns. It's not that people misunderstand, it's that they don't agree or it's not (yet) persuasive enough to change to guilty, or it can be excluded from the pattern.
I fully appreciate that not everyone has seen enough to persuade them yet, some maybe never will. I guess we all interpret so much so differently. I also think that it’s hard to come to some conclusions when you’re not actually in court, seeing and hearing everything that the jury do. But I think it’s interesting to hear what people think about certain things and why. None of us know what really happened, so none of us can be right or wrong, it’s just our thoughts and why really. I guess we all have very different personalities and experiences so view things differently even tho we all hear more or less the same thing

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve never been under any illusions that women's health has ever been a massive priority in healthcare, but some of the birth experiences that are being shared on here are absolutely shocking and appalling tbh. Makes me scared to have kids!
Please don't be sacred. Of course there are people who have had awful experiences and their voices should be heard and respected, like anything in life. But also alot of women have positive birthing experiences, me included. Please don't let it put you off xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Letby replies: "I think there is an element of fate involved. There is a reason for everything."

Yeah in my opinion she is the reason 🥲🥲

Reactions: 13
Yes LL and another nurse were both in room 1, but the other nurse was baby D’s designated nurse. And yes I thought I was 1-1 care too so maybe they were a nurse short, or maybe there was a supervisory nurse helping them out too?
So was the nurse who was asked to leave LL because they knew she had no reason to be there? Which makes it seem a bit sinister. Or was it a nurse who in theory should of been around as it was 1-1.

Reactions: 7
So was the nurse who was asked to leave LL because they knew she had no reason to be there? Which makes it seem a bit sinister. Or was it a nurse who in theory should of been around as it was 1-1.
I wouldn’t even like to try and guess, not sure we will get an answer about whether it was defs her or not, although I believe it was (due to the pattern of her interfering so much)

I wouldn’t even like to try and guess, not sure we will get an answer about whether it was defs her or not, although I believe it was (due to the pattern of her interfering so much)
I think it was likely as well.

Reactions: 6
I would assume that this is another reason that makes it believable it was Letby. I would assume the designated nurse was very much known to them by then.

Reactions: 13
Reading these messages here it puts into a new light for me about her writing "I killed then because I'm not good enough to take care of them" (I think I'm remembering correctly but please let me know if not) as it makes it sound like that was wrote because she felt guilt that she couldn't save them - not necessarily that she killed them .. not sure I'm making sense. I'm still in the unsure camp
I can see why you would think that, but it’s the fact she said she killed them on purpose, to me (and this is just my view) if she had meant what you’ve said, she wouldn’t have added the on purpose bit on. But again it’s all about our own conclusions

Reactions: 14
Reading these messages here it puts into a new light for me about her writing "I killed then because I'm not good enough to take care of them" (I think I'm remembering correctly but please let me know if not) as it makes it sound like that was wrote because she felt guilt that she couldn't save them - not necessarily that she killed them .. not sure I'm making sense. I'm still in the unsure camp
She wrote “I killed them ON PURPOSE” I think on purpose can’t really be misinterpreted as accidental?

I think it was likely as well.
Surely other nurses on the ward that day would have been questioned about whether the parents had asked them to leave? Especially the designated day shift nurse?
Would it be such an unusual event that you would document it? Just so others would know to be more sensitive to the parents?

Reactions: 2
I can see why you would think that, but it’s the fact she said she killed them on purpose, to me (and this is just my view) if she had meant what you’ve said, she wouldn’t have added the on purpose bit on. But again it’s all about our own conclusions
I agree. I know loads of people have different views on it, but I don’t see how it can be meant any other way when she says “I killed them on purpose”. She sounds like an angry bitter child with that writing.

I feel like if you were innocent, but struggled with confidence, then maybe you’d write “they died because I wasn’t good enough as a nurse” “if they’re saying it’s my fault then it must be, but how?”.

Surely you wouldn’t say “I killed them on purpose”.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1701468View attachment 1701470
This wasn’t reported on the Leader/Standard.
I check the Twitter live feeds aswell as leader/standard as there’s usually a little bit of extra info on one or other, but I find Mark (C standard) to be the most comprehensive for live reporting. Then I check all the round ups in the evening as there’s usually a few different bits and bobs in them too. Plus the podcast each week seems to be quite good. Anyone would think I didn’t have a job looking at all of this night and day🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

See id forgotten that bit! Glad I'm not on the jury 😩
Ah me too

• Haha
  • Heart
I think so. But I believe LL wasn’t Baby D’s nurse.
Thanks for the answer! Yeah I understand that, more just wondering to myself why LL was in charge of two other children in the same room,

but maybe there will be a reason given,
tbf it probably already had been and I've missed it mid cooking juggle 🤦‍♀️ not had a chance to catch up fully

Reactions: 3
I agree. I know loads of people have different views on it, but I don’t see how it can be meant any other way when she says “I killed them on purpose”. She sounds like an angry bitter child with that writing.

I feel like if you were innocent, but struggled with confidence, then maybe you’d write “they died because I wasn’t good enough as a nurse” “if they’re saying it’s my fault then it must be, but how?”.

Surely you wouldn’t say “I killed them on purpose”.
Yes these are my thoughts too👍🏻you've explained it far better than I could have. Think all of us that find the note sinister/sign of guilt, can all agree that we fully understand the I killed them cos I’m not good enough COULD maybe be explained away if it only said that, BUT it’s the I killed them ON PURPOSE that for us makes it extremely unlikely that it could be anything other than admission of guilt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.