Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
but if the night shift starts at 7.30pm 7.22 is quite a normal time to arrive for (although I start at 7.30 im normally running through the door at 7.28 😂) I want to know if at 7.22 she’s swiping to get into the ward which makes sense time to change etc pre handover or is she swiping into patient rooms which is very odd if so
At the moment we don't know. I hope it can be clarified but the mother did put Lucy Letby there at 7 so either she was wrong and it was someone else, or she got the time wrong, or she was right about both and Letby did come in that early.
I am not ready to totally discount an eye witness just yet, especially when Letby has shown herself to be where she's not supposed to be and not wanted before.

Reactions: 15
Yea I get what you mean, would be good to know. I’m still trying to find more detail cos what I read explained all the shift times in general, and her starting times, hopefully I can find it and it will give us more info
I imagine it’s quite similar to my ward

we start a night shift 7.30pm-8am

handover starts at 7.30

some nurses arrive to work 6.30 very early others late bang on 7.30 etc

If you’re early most people stay in staff room having a coffee etc, although I do work with one nurse he loves to go out onto the ward and start doing night shift jobs like checking crash trolley etc before the shift starts

handover all together in one room with day nurse in charge starts 7.30 lasts approx 10 minutes with a brief run through to the whole nursing team for the night about all the patients on the ward

after than bedside handover starts where you go to the bedside of your patient(s) and go through in more depth with the day nurse and all their medications etc

this should finish by 8pm as day shift finishes 8pm however can often over run and still handing over at 8.15 if a lot going on

once bedside handover is done then the day nurse goes home and night nurse starts whatever needs doing

Reactions: 13
Could she have just not wanted to leave them in case the baby got worse? Didn’t seem very stable?
Or due to the parents being so worried she may have thought they’d want someone around? Seems like she left them alone once asked by the mum?

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I think im going to start a “ Portland fund”
If you watch "This Is Going To Hurt" on BBC you'll see a lady post labour be transferred from a private hospital to a NHS hospital as the private hospital didn't hold the blood and products she required after crashing after labour.
They're all shiny and new until it goes south then they turf you out😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Different baby and a day shift but she arrived at 7.12am before the day shift so does seem to be something she does.

64B7B289-0299-4082-ABB2-DA43CBDED298.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If you watch "This Is Going To Hurt" on BBC you'll see a lady post labour be transferred from a private hospital to a NHS hospital as the private hospital didn't hold the blood and products she required after crashing after labour.
They're all shiny and new until it goes south then they turf you out😂
Yeah I’ve quickly changed my mind already 😂 … I’ll use the money to get my self some new boobs instead after BF 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I imagine it’s quite similar to my ward

we start a night shift 7.30pm-8am

handover starts at 7.30

some nurses arrive to work 6.30 very early others late bang on 7.30 etc

If you’re early most people stay in staff room having a coffee etc, although I do work with one nurse he loves to go out onto the ward and start doing night shift jobs like checking crash trolley etc before the shift starts

handover all together in one room with day nurse in charge starts 7.30 lasts approx 10 minutes with a brief run through to the whole nursing team for the night about all the patients on the ward

after than bedside handover starts where you go to the bedside of your patient(s) and go through in more depth with the day nurse and all their medications etc

this should finish by 8pm as day shift finishes 8pm however can often over run and still handing over at 8.15 if a lot going on

once bedside handover is done then the day nurse goes home and night nurse starts whatever needs doing
I've never understood those nurses who come in and start doing checks 😂 we had one who did it and I'm sure it was just so she could find a reason to argue with the day staff 😂
I was always in early for nightshift, not by lots but I don't sleep well during the day so I'd head over, get changed, have a couple coffees then handover. I'd never go out on the ward and start doing patient care without a handover but I know some who would pop into the clinic or check on admissions to prepare.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Different baby and a day shift but she arrived at 7.12am before the day shift so does seem to be something she does.

View attachment 1701148
Interesting, there must not be any phone data to back this up this time? I'm still inclined to believe the witness/mother but would be nice to have something else to back that up!

Yeah I’ve quickly changed my mind already 😂 … I’ll use the money to get my self some new boobs instead after BF 😆
Good thinking!!! 😂😂 I'd be in need myself after baby no.3 arrives I think!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm actually gobsmacked at the poor level of care the Mother of baby D received. I had 2 babies in the last 4 years and as an older mother with a history of recurrent miscarriage I felt the maternity unit were always proactive and erred on the side of caution with me and my daughters. How awful that some NHS maternity care is this bad!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That's not too early for a 7.30 start, 30 mins early and already in uniform doing patient care is a bit much though, especially without a handover.

If she can be in at 7.12am for a 7.30am handover / 8am start then it’s not unreasonable to think she could have been in early at 7pm for a night shift. It’s literally only 12 minutes earlier than another known early start.

if someone can be in 20 mins early for handover it’s really not too much to say 30 mins is also possible. It’s not like mum is saying she saw her at 2pm when the shift wasn’t starting until 7.30/8pm.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If she can be in at 7.12am for a 7.30am handover / 8am start then it’s not unreasonable to think she could have been in early at 7pm for a night shift. It’s literally only 12 minutes earlier than another known early start.
Yeah but to already be in uniform doing patient care in room 1 she hasn't walked on at 7, so would have been there a bit sooner so it would be more than 12 mins earlier. She seems obsessed with her job so she could have been on the floor early but it'll be easy for the defence to challenge that.

Reactions: 3
I've never understood those nurses who come in and start doing checks 😂 we had one who did it and I'm sure it was just so she could find a reason to argue with the day staff 😂
I was always in early for nightshift, not by lots but I don't sleep well during the day so I'd head over, get changed, have a couple coffees then handover. I'd never go out on the ward and start doing patient care without a handover but I know some who would pop into the clinic or check on admissions to prepare.
I used to go in early to check the arrest trolley on the early shift because it's a huge pain in the arse to do when there's patient's in the waiting room. It's not unusual. Edit to say 10 minutes.. Not like a complete jobsworth 😜

I do have one question though. In NICU don't the nurses have to stay there all the time?

Yeah but to already be in uniform doing patient care in room 1 she hasn't walked on at 7, so would have been there a bit sooner so it would be more than 12 mins earlier. She seems obsessed with her job so she could have been on the floor early but it'll be easy for the defence to challenge that.
I do see her doing this, I do believe the mother is correct BUT we need another form of verification really.
My gut tells me the mother is correct and that Letby was there and she was AGAIN being a pain in the hole. 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 10

View attachment 1701148
Yes I think this is what I read, I was maybe getting confused between 7pm and 7am. Thank you so much for finding this cos it’s been driving me mad trying to find it 👍🏻

Reactions: 3
haha I know it does my head in when youre on the day shift and night nurse is buzzing around in the way. Shifts are long enough without adding an extra hour to them out of choice 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Especially odd to be there when baby D wasn’t even her patient although if she had come in that early she probably wouldn’t have known at that point which patient she was looking after that night, would be interested to hear from her colleagues on the day shift if she regularly came in early and went through all that days patients perhaps picking out the ones she deemed more vulnerable

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It may be different but on my ward we wouldn’t allowed to be out doing patient care before shift start and handover

Unless the crash buzzer had gone off then you would be out helping

When they say it swipes her as being in for shift at 7.12 I take that to be the time she arrived to work and then need to get changed dump bag etc and then head to handover

Reactions: 6
Especially odd to be there when baby D wasn’t even her patient although if she had come in that early she probably wouldn’t have known at that point which patient she was looking after that night, would be interested to hear from her colleagues on the day shift if she regularly came in early and went through all that days patients perhaps picking out the ones she deemed more vulnerable
Yeah she wouldn't even have had a handover at this point so would have no information about this baby or any others on the unit. Its pretty dangerous to be doing patient care without a handover, suppose it depends where you're working but on a NICU I'd imagine it's needed.

It may be different but on my ward we wouldn’t allowed to be out doing patient care before shift start and handover

Unless the crash buzzer had gone off then you would be out helping

When they say it swipes her as being in for shift at 7.12 I take that to be the time she arrived to work and then need to get changed dump bag etc and then head to handover
Yeah same, I'd sometimes get in early to get parked or beat traffic but we'd need to wait for handover to do anything unless an attack alarm went.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.