Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a look on the wiki, I can’t remember where I read about the time, think it was in timeline of baby a as she was suspected of harming him only a short time after coming on shift, but did find this of her coming in that night (baby a) at 7.22pm, so maybe she was in early other nights too
Yeah I really don't think that parent was mistaken. I think she did come in early but she didn't text anyone, or sign for anything or log onto anything so there is no digital/paper trail as such.

Reactions: 9
It’s awful reading other people’s stories because a similar thing happened to my mum in the mid 90’s when I was born! I was 10 days late, they had to induce her but I’d grown so big there was no way my head was coming out. They left her in labour for hours and hours before rushing her to do an emergency c-section. I was very lucky I didn’t end up in the NICU. I guess things really do never change.

I had a feeling the staff at this hospital were too lax but this just further proves it. Of course, it doesn’t mean LL isn’t guilty but I can see now how she got away with it for so long. These poor women, even without losing your baby it’s such a traumatic experience to go through. My mum had PTSD and pnd from the ordeal.
Your post really really hits home personally and I am so sorry for your poor mum. Hope she is doing ok now. It's lovely that you are so close that she could share her experiences with you. Huge hugs to you and your mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh gosh, I’m so sorry to read all of your shocking birth stories 😞 Being told to be quiet while you push a human out of you!? I have no words.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just thinking something here, but if the hospital failings were the cause of these babies death, through missed infections, lines that have come out etc then wouldn’t the babies decline slowly, not collapse suddenly, staff be able to correct whatever mistake had been made so therefore likely to be able to resuscitate them, and wouldn’t their causes of death be easy to find/explainable in the PM, and no mysterious rashes? No one can dispute that hospital made some huge mistakes with terrible care, but I can’t get relate that to how ALL these babies are medically unexplained 🤷🏼‍♀️ Never mind the coincidence of LL being there every time, and all her bizarre behaviour and note etc on top of it all too. Just too much for me personally.

***Edited to add
Also when Looking for the time she started, I read about the sympathy card on her phone, that I’d forgotten about, and her smiling at the mum after the baby had died(not sure which one this was) and telling her about how she’d bathed the baby. Like what is that behaviour all about, it’s like she is so obsessed with being a part of the parents’ grief, that can’t be normal surely?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I’ve never been under any illusions that women's health has ever been a massive priority in healthcare, but some of the birth experiences that are being shared on here are absolutely shocking and appalling tbh. Makes me scared to have kids!
Aw no don't be, but do do hypnobirthing if you can when/if the time comes and try and find a hospital that trains their staff in hypnobirthing too. It's not just about having labour without pain relief (I still wanted an epidural), it teaches you how to still advocate for yourself in realtion to decisions you want and dont want made when you are at your most vulnerable.
I swear it's the only reason I wasn't traumatised after my first.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just thinking something here, but if the hospital failings were the cause of these babies death, through missed infections, lines that have come out etc then wouldn’t the babies decline slowly, not collapse suddenly, staff be able to correct whatever mistake had been made so therefore likely to be able to resuscitate them, and wouldn’t their causes of death be easy to find/explainable in the PM, and no mysterious rashes? No one can dispute that hospital made some huge mistakes with terrible care, but I can’t get relate that how ALL these babies are medically unexplained 🤷🏼‍♀️ Never mind the coincidence of LL being there every time, and all her bizarre behaviour and note etc on top of it all too. Just too much for me personally
This is what the medical experts are trying to get across I think...that, even though, by nature of the fact they are all in NICU, they all have problems and are vulnerable, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they are saying these babies did not die from these " problems" but of air embolus and as we will see later, insulin admistration.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
This is what the medical experts are trying to get across I think...that, even though, by nature of the fact they are all in NICU, they all have problems and are vulnerable, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they are saying these babies did not die from these " problems" but of air embolus and as we will see later, insulin admistration.
Yes exactly, it all boils down to the suddenness and the inability to resuscitate. This are the "red flags" as such for sinister intervention. As small and vulnerable as these babies were, they wanted to live ❤.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Just thinking something here, but if the hospital failings were the cause of these babies death, through missed infections, lines that have come out etc then wouldn’t the babies decline slowly, not collapse suddenly, staff be able to correct whatever mistake had been made so therefore likely to be able to resuscitate them, and wouldn’t their causes of death be easy to find/explainable in the PM, and no mysterious rashes? No one can dispute that hospital made some huge mistakes with terrible care, but I can’t get relate that how ALL these babies are medically unexplained 🤷🏼‍♀️ Never mind the coincidence of LL being there every time, and all her bizarre behaviour and note etc on top of it all too. Just too much for me personally
I think unfortunately though when care is so bad, some might be able to argue that it wasn’t sudden at all and that they’d missed the signs or not recorded it. I don’t think that would be true in all the babies but honestly when you read these womens accounts you do wonder.

That’s not necessarily my firm view, but it’s potentially a problem for the prosecution. I guess time will tell as we move through the case. And to think all that would be ruled out if they’d been delivering good quality care 😞

Reactions: 17
Yeah I really don't think that parent was mistaken. I think she did come in early but she didn't text anyone, or sign for anything or log onto anything so there is no digital/paper trail as such.
they’ve got a lot of evidence based around swipe access so surely they will have her swiping into room one or wherever baby D was if it was her

Reactions: 4
Yes exactly, it all boils down to the suddenness and the inability to resuscitate. This are the "red flags" as such for sinister intervention. As small and vulnerable as these babies were, they wanted to live ❤.
Exactly I was just about to edit the post and say just that, these babies so far have all been little " fighters" and have responded well when problems have arisen and been dealt with...its the suddenness of all of the ") "collapses" that is the issue ..huge red flags surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve never been under any illusions that women's health has ever been a massive priority in healthcare, but some of the birth experiences that are being shared on here are absolutely shocking and appalling tbh. Makes me scared to have kids!
Aww don't be. The fact we're all here angry about it means we lived to tell the tale. Women are tough buggers.

If you can give birth at the Portland like Kate Middleton though, which probably gives you gas and air made from unicorn breath, while a gaggle of angels administer hard drugs to you, I would definitely go for that. Or a vet. Whichever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
To be fair, when I had my second child I’d waited a bit too long before responding to the contractions, as my first labour had been long.
By the time my husband came home from work and I’d waddled round to my neighbours (we didn’t have a car so he very kindly gave us a lift), I thought Oops, I even said ‘think I’ve left it a bit late’.
Needless to say, my son was born as my neighbour was hurtling alone the bypass at 70mph, horn blaring.
I thought, no offence but my husband doesn’t know anything and my neighbour 🤷‍♀️ It was scary. I didn’t want to have the responsibility if things went wrong. Thankfully all was fine.
I made sure I got into the hospital quickly with my 3rd.
I gave my neighbour a bottle of vodka and my son’s middle name is his first name. Luckily the car had vinyl seats 😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
they’ve got a lot of evidence based around swipe access so surely they will have her swiping into room one or wherever baby D was if it was her
Suppose it depends which doors have swipe cards and which don’t. I don’t know the layout of the unit or indeed hospital, so no idea which bits you’d need to swipe in for. But that’s in agreed evidence she came in that particular shift (baby a) at 7.22pm so maybe she was early a lot. The only reason I remember, or at least think I remember her coming in round 7pm is cos I’m always late for work, and remember thinking no way could I ever be an hour early. But yes you’d hope they have electronic access records to show where she was and the time

Reactions: 7
I take it the reporter is now in the pub, having a pie and a pint for his lunch....wish he would give us the heads up...I have a couple of jobs I could be doing!!🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Suppose it depends which doors have swipe cards and which don’t. I don’t know the layout of the unit or indeed hospital, so no idea which bits you’d need to swipe in for. But that’s in agreed evidence she came in that particular shift (baby a) at 7.22pm so maybe she was early a lot. The only reason I remember, or at least think I remember her coming in round 7pm is cos I’m always late for work, and remember thinking no way could I ever be an hour early. But yes you’d hope they have electronic access records to show where she was and the time
but if the night shift starts at 7.30pm 7.22 is quite a normal time to arrive for (although I start at 7.30 im normally running through the door at 7.28 😂) I want to know if at 7.22 she’s swiping to get into the ward which makes sense time to change etc pre handover or is she swiping into patient rooms which is very odd if so

Reactions: 12
I think im going to start a “ Portland fund”
Tbf private hospitals are all well and good until something goes wrong, then you want to be at an NHS hospital. Having worked at a private hospital they are so used to straight forward births as they don’t do anything seriously risk, in a resus situation, you’re at a serious disadvantage. Of course, you tend to be less likely to reach that stage as the care overall is better, but if things go wrong, NHS all the way.

Your post really really hits home personally and I am so sorry for your poor mum. Hope she is doing ok now. It's lovely that you are so close that she could share her experiences with you. Huge hugs to you and your mum.
Thank you lovely 😊 yes she is okay now, still a bit angry about it though.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
but if the night shift starts at 7.30pm 7.22 is quite a normal time to arrive for (although I start at 7.30 im normally running through the door at 7.28 😂) I want to know if at 7.22 she’s swiping to get into the ward which makes sense time to change etc pre handover or is she swiping into patient rooms which is very odd if so
Yea I get what you mean, would be good to know. I’m still trying to find more detail cos what I read explained all the shift times in general, and her starting times, hopefully I can find it and it will give us more info

Reactions: 4
Tbf private hospitals are all well and good until something goes wrong, then you want to be at an NHS hospital. Having worked at a private hospital they are so used to straight forward births as they don’t do anything seriously risk, in a resus situation, you’re at a serious disadvantage. Of course, you tend to be less likely to reach that stage as the care overall is better, but if things go wrong, NHS all the way.

Thank you lovely 😊 yes she is okay now, still a bit angry about it though.
That’s a really interesting and vital point! I got taken in by the food menus and 24 hour room service 😆 x

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I take it the reporter is now in the pub, having a pie and a pint for his lunch....wish he would give us the heads up...I have a couple of jobs I could be doing!!🤪
Its so annoying isn’t it, but I’ve come to the conclusion now that if he’s not updated within about 10-15 mins then there’s either an adjournment or it’s some kind of break, or finished for the day. I think lunch is usually 1-2pm but he never tell us til it’s over🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.