Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask please what time would a night shift typically start?
I think it’s 8pm, but they need to be there at 7.30pm for handover. I’m sure I’ve read that LL would sometimes be in at 7pm for 8pm start. Not 100% on this so pls someone correct me if I’m wrong. Also not saying she was in early this particular night, but I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere about her coming in at 7pm for 8pm start in general

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think it’s 8pm, but they need to be there at 7.30pm for handover. I’m sure I’ve read that LL would sometimes be in at 7pm for 8pm start. Not 100% on this so pls someone correct me if I’m wrong. Also not saying she was in early this particular night, but I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere about her coming in at 7pm for 8pm start in general
This is what I thought. I feel like maybe she just turned up early for her shift that night?

Reactions: 8
Yep. I got sent home - apparently 1cm dilated and cervix too far back. 'You're not in labour'.

5 minutes later, baby was born - in the hospital corridor. Those waiting in the corridor had full view...whilst some moved away to give me privacy, one man just stood there watching before he was told to move.
Honest to God, that's so scary but the bit about the bleeping man who had to be moved really stoked my anger because when I was in labour with my first they didn't really believe how far along I was or how close my contracts were (for some reason although I do have a baby face and this has caused me issues my whole life with people taking me seriously) and there was this fucker in the waiting room just STARING at me as I my waters poured everywhere. I was too polite to tell him to duck off. I wouldn't be now.

I ended up being too late for an epidural etc.

God I wish I told him to duck off.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Can I ask please what time would a night shift typically start?
7.30pm for handover, where all staff gather and the day shift leader gives an update on all patients. Then 8pm out on the ward to start care.
It’s not unknown for staff to come in a bit earlier, find out what patient they’ll be looking after and pop round and have an informal chat with the day shift staff member, or just to look at the bedside notes.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
7.30pm for handover, where all staff gather and the day shift leader gives an update on all patients. Then 8pm out on the ward to start care.
It’s not unknown for staff to come in a bit earlier, find out what patient they’ll be looking after and pop round and have an informal chat with the day shift staff member, or just to look at the bedside notes.
I’m sure I’ve read about her being in at 7pm sometimes for 8pm start. And I’m sure it’s been confirmed that night shift is 8-8, then there’s long days, short days, and twighlight. I’ll have to have a look in the wiki cos I’m sure this is in there somewhere

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t be surprised if we heard from texts that she went in early. She didn’t seem to have much else going on in her life so I can see her being first in for a shift.

Reactions: 13
When I was at home in labour I kept ringing the hospital but cause I was able to talk through my contractions I didn't need to come in. Got to a point I was having 1 minute long contractions every 2 minutes. Nope your talking through them your fine. I ended up taking myself to hospital at 11pm alone. Surprise surprise I was 7cm dilated. I was told off for being loud (giving birth with no pain relief what do you expect). After I gave birth I went for a shower and could hear a girl screaming and the midwives telling her she had ripped back to front. Hospital had just come out of special measures. This was 2016 funnily enough.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I wouldn’t be surprised if we heard from texts that she went in early. She didn’t seem to have much else going on in her life so I can see her being first in for a shift.
If she did come in early (and I can totally see her doing that based on what we have heard about her so far) will there be a record of that anywhere??

When I was at home in labour I kept ringing the hospital but cause I was able to talk through my contractions I didn't need to come in. Got to a point I was having 1 minute long contractions every 2 minutes. Nope your talking through them your fine. I ended up taking myself to hospital at 11pm alone. Surprise surprise I was 7cm dilated. I was told off for being loud (giving birth with no pain relief what do you expect). After I gave birth I went for a shower and could hear a girl screaming and the midwives telling her she had ripped back to front. Hospital had just come out of special measures. This was 2016 funnily enough.
I was also told off for being loud too!!!! 🤬🤬🤬 this was 2019.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
It's sad that so many of us have had horrific birthing experiences, with our own bodily experiences being dismissed.

Mine was in 2010 and has now been shut down due to poor care. I know noone who had a decent birth there. In hindsight, I would rather have let my cat's vet give me a c section!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I’m sure I’ve read about her being in at 7pm sometimes for 8pm start. And I’m sure it’s been confirmed that night shift is 8-8, then there’s long days, short days, and twighlight. I’ll have to have a look in the wiki cos I’m sure this is in there somewhere
Had a look on the wiki, I can’t remember where I read about the time, think it was in timeline of baby a as she was suspected of harming him only a short time after coming on shift, but did find this of her coming in that night (baby a) at 7.22pm, so maybe she was in early other nights too

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 7
If she did come in early (and I can totally see her doing that based on what we have heard about her so far) will there be a record of that anywhere??

I was also told off for being loud too!!!! 🤬🤬🤬 this was 2019.
Oh dear 😬

I doubt it, unless through electronic swipe, but then she could have bypassed that.
Don’t think the Defence would want to question her if it could be easily proved though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Honest to God, that's so scary but the bit about the bleeping man who had to be moved really stoked my anger because when I was in labour with my first they didn't really believe how far along I was or how close my contracts were (for some reason although I do have a baby face and this has caused me issues my whole life with people taking me seriously) and there was this fucker in the waiting room just STARING at me as I my waters poured everywhere. I was too polite to tell him to duck off. I wouldn't be now.

I ended up being too late for an epidural etc.

God I wish I told him to duck off.
Urgh - I know! And that image of someone watching you at your most vulnerable state never goes away.

At the time, I was too busy pushing my daughter out to care, so I only remember little snippets but I was so upset that I had to share the experience with such a creep.

Luckily, both me and my daughter were fine and no health issues.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
It’s sad that so many of us were fobbed off in labour. When I went in I was scoffed at and told I wouldn’t be in labour and it would only be a UTI.. I was 10cm dilated.

I wasn’t examined after birth either and walked out with an undiagnosed 3rd degree tear but that’s another story.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It's sad that so many of us have had horrific birthing experiences, with own own bodily experiences being dismissed.

Mine was in 2010 and has now been shut down due to poor care. I know noone who had a decent birth there. In hindsight, I would rather have let my cat's vet give me a c section!
Do you know what that’s not a bad idea re the vets 🥴🥴

I had hoped that an outcome of this would be highlighting the abysmal care that women face. There’s literally no other part of healthcare that routinely lets it’s patients down and consistently doesn’t listen. I do not know a single person who doesn’t have a horrific birth story and it always references being shut down or not taken seriously. But women die in situations like this (and of course women who aren’t white are more likely to die) and their babies die too or end up with life changing health conditions.

I hope the trust is hanging it’s head in shame listening to some of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve never been under any illusions that women's health has ever been a massive priority in healthcare, but some of the birth experiences that are being shared on here are absolutely shocking and appalling tbh. Makes me scared to have kids!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
It’s awful reading other people’s stories because a similar thing happened to my mum in the mid 90’s when I was born! I was 10 days late, they had to induce her but I’d grown so big there was no way my head was coming out. They left her in labour for hours and hours before rushing her to do an emergency c-section. I was very lucky I didn’t end up in the NICU. I guess things really do never change.

I had a feeling the staff at this hospital were too lax but this just further proves it. Of course, it doesn’t mean LL isn’t guilty but I can see now how she got away with it for so long. These poor women, even without losing your baby it’s such a traumatic experience to go through. My mum had PTSD and pnd from the ordeal.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I don't know if anyone else has ever done this with shifts, but on my ward, if we weren't busy at home, we would often meander in early so that someone who was absolutely knackered on the previous shift could get off home a bit early.

I wonder if there was that culture on LL's ward which could explain why she was there early and already working?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If it was just TTN that the baby had, then it sounds like she should have been fine within 24-48 hours of being on neonatal with help. How awful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.