Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I believe so. Has it been confirmed what shift she was on. Seems unlikely she’d be there at 7pm then for the night shift. Times could of course be wrong, it sounds absolutely traumatic for the parents.

Difficult reading this morning
She was administering meds overnight which happened shortly prior to the collapse so must have been a night shift but was already there at 7. Very odd, maybe they do twilight shifts?

Reactions: 6
Yep. I got sent home - apparently 1cm dilated and cervix too far back. 'You're not in labour'.

5 minutes later, baby was born - in the hospital corridor. Those waiting in the corridor had full view...whilst some moved away to give me privacy, one man just stood there watching before he was told to move.
Oh my goodness!! You poor thing 😪 I get how highly trained they are and how many hours they must have under their belt, they obvs know what they’re doing… but sometimes, you have to trust yourself more don’t know, sometimes you know better about what’s going on in your body.
I was fully contracting and a doctor and printing sheet confirmed that. I just wasn’t in any pain (thanks to years of painful periods I think I couldn’t feel it) contractions were every 9 mins and they confirmed i was 6cm. But because I wasn’t in pain or kicking up a fuss, off they sent me! I arrived back not too long after in agony 😅 and almost gave birth in the car park by the bins 🙃 sorry to derail… haven’t had chance to read today trial yet, will do so this eve probs and update with my thoughts

Edited to add: my contractions never got any closer than 9 mins either 😅

• Heart
She was administering meds overnight which happened shortly prior to the collapse so must have been a night shift but was already there at 7. Very odd, maybe they do twilight shifts?
Yes maybe, I’m sure defence will want to clarify or suggest it may not of been her they spoke to at 7pm.

Reactions: 7
Ah that makes sense now why he questioned her on the time. Didn’t even relate it to her there not being there for night shift at that time. So much I miss, glad there’s others to point these things out
Possible he asked her so later down the line he can say that she wasn’t on that shift.

Possible he asked her so later down the line he can say that she wasn’t on that shift.
Haven’t caught up today yet but read here… surely they will be able to absolutely prove too if she was on shift or not with swipe in data?

What the husband has said about the phone call & there been confusion over which child???? Sorry??? Who would the dr be on the phone to as well?
I know the hospital has failed & this evidence has just highlighted this so much more. Do I think it means LL is innocent? I’m not sure we’ve heard enough
I wondered if the prosecution is trying to give the context that the person on the other end of the phone had thought that it was a more poorly baby that had collapsed, so trying to show that baby D's collapse was unexpected as they seem to be alluding that her condition was improving.

Either way I'm not taking away from the fact the standard of care was shocking. That poor family.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Yes maybe, I’m sure defence will want to clarify or suggest it may not of been her they spoke to at 7pm.
Yes just seen on Twitter one of the reporters saying the judge asked did the defence dispute that the nurse she saw was LL, Mr Myers confirmed they do. This must be why she had to take stand as it wasn’t agreed facts between prosecution and defence

Attachments

Reactions: 13
I wondered if the prosecution is trying to give the context that the person on the other end of the phone had thought that it was a more poorly baby that had collapsed, so trying to show that baby D's collapse was unexpected as they seem to be alluding that her condition was improving.

Either way I'm not taking away from the fact the standard of care was shocking. That poor family.
Ah very interesting take on it, could well be. It’s odd to bring it up if not. But yes agree with absolutely everyone the hospital care was awful. And feel for the family so much

For anyone on Twitter there’s these two reporters there live tweeting today, although to be honest I find Mark’s live reporting to have far more detail. Not usual to have two live tweeting on Twitter, wonder do they know today is going to be a big day evidence wise?

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 10
She must have been in work early or working a split shift for it to have been her.

Reactions: 4
She must have been in work early or working a split shift for it to have been her.
Didn’t they say at one point there was a twilight shift, can’t remember the hours but it was evening til late night I think, would be in the wiki somewhere. But as others have said surely they’ll have electronic data, and staff rotas etc to confirm what shift she was on that night

Reactions: 9
It would be odd that they saw LL there at 7 if she was on the nightshift, swipe data can only tell us so much, if you walked up to the ward with another nurse and they swiped in or someone was coming out as you went in then the details can be wrong, not unheard of to pass your badge to a student or another nurse who forgot theirs while they nip out for a drink.
It's interesting too that everyone is quick to pass comment on what kind of person LL must be because the mum said she asked her to leave. If she wasn't on shift at that time either then either the exchange was probably innocent but has been changed with bias, or there are other rude and inconsiderate nurses on the unit.

Reactions: 13
Those poor parents. They do seem to have been failed 😞 A nightmare that’s still continuing.
I seem to be missing a night here.
Waters broke on 18th, c-section on 20th, death 22nd.
LL on duty 7.30pm 21st to 8am 22nd.
What happened on the night shift 20th to 21st? Or have I got the timeline completely wrong?
Obviously we’ll here more from other witnesses.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
It would be odd that they saw LL there at 7 if she was on the nightshift, swipe data can only tell us so much, if you walked up to the ward with another nurse and they swiped in or someone was coming out as you went in then the details can be wrong, not unheard of to pass your badge to a student or another nurse who forgot theirs while they nip out for a drink.
It's interesting too that everyone is quick to pass comment on what kind of person LL must be because the mum said she asked her to leave. If she wasn't on shift at that time either then either the exchange was probably innocent but has been changed with bias, or there are other rude and inconsiderate nurses on the unit.
No I agree with you, which ever nurse was in there shouldn’t have been and should have been giving them privacy. Either the mother got the time wrong and it was LL, it was another nurse completely, or as you say it’s changed with bias, have a feeling we won’t ever get the definite answer to this one though

• Sad
The parents could easily have just got the time mixed up. They had a lot to deal with and time becomes a blur in difficult situations.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.