Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Tiny but chubby” 💔💔💔 this got me 😢
Me too....made me cry tiny, chubby and pink💔💔💔

This happened to me in March. Obstetrician was pushing to break the rest of my waters, but I felt so unwell I didn’t see how I could push a baby out, despite the offer of an epidural. My partner and midwife had to advocate for me. Thank god baby was delivered by c section as he was blue, not breathing and had sepsis.
THANKFULLY the NICU staff were amazing and he just needed an overnight stay and IV antibiotics. Things can go so wrong so quickly with poorly babies 😥
Awful but so happy yours was a happy ending💖

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
This seems to happen in so many hospitals, mums being told to go home and come back when they’ve progressed more and half the time they end up giving birth at home or on the motorway. Luckily they’re usually fine, but sometimes it’s resulting in still births, it’s awful.

My hairdresser was in slow labour for six days and wasn’t progressing, in the end when she did end up in hospital due to some progression, she had a placental abruption and needed a cat 1 c section. Her and the baby almost died 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Think we can all agree, LL is so unprofessional and not giving any families the space they need obsessed😮😮😮 this is really awful that poor mum 💔
This is all really unnerving in the context of LL..she would scare me to death in that scenario..either that or i would want to knock her block off!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just was discussing the case with my MIL who is defo in the guilty camp. She is retired now but has years of experience as a midwife, health visitor and prior to that was in social work.
She told me some interesting stories, in the 90’s she had a colleague (another midwife) that didn’t actually harm any patients but apparently kept making things up to cause dramas such as pretending there was a bomb scare on the ward and all sorts of random stuff. Not exactly comparable to LL but this woman loved to create a scene.

A more shocking and strange one she told me about was the case of a mother on a NICU that had several preterm babies in various hospitals across the country and was suspected of breaking her own waters to make the babies come early, then they all mysteriously died. The Police were called but nothing could be proven. She was also suspected of harming other peoples babies on the NICU. My MIL said she just seemed so neutral and totally lacking in empathy though, whereas LL doesn’t seem like that to me (unless it’s fake empathy).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
This seems to happen in so many hospitals, mums being told to go home and come back when they’ve progressed more and half the time they end up giving birth at home or on the motorway. Luckily they’re usually fine, but sometimes it’s resulting in still births, it’s awful.

My hairdresser was in slow labour for six days and wasn’t progressing, in the end when she did end up in hospital due to some progression, she had a placental abruption and needed a cat 1 c section. Her and the baby almost died 😢
I was sent home at 6cm. I was terrified I was going to give birth at home

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
So is the only question the defence asked was if the mum was sure it was Lucy she saw at 7pm? Or will he ask her more than that. My live update is a bit delayed but can see they’ve moved onto the fathers statement?

So is the only question the defence asked was if the mum was sure it was Lucy she saw at 7pm? Or will he ask her more than that. My live update is a bit delayed but can see they’ve moved onto the fathers statement?
Seems to be so far, hopefully so anyway cos I can’t imagine how awful it must be for the mum having to get up there and speak

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This poor mothers evidence confirms what my gut has told me so far. The standard of care is shambolic. I’m so angry for this lady 😓

• Sad
Reactions: 22
The mum had to tell her to go away. What the hell was she playing at?
I get the feeling we are going to hear so much more of this as it goes on. I also think it’s going to get so much worse to hear in general, the further we get through the babies too💔

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Yes I believe so. Has it been confirmed what shift she was on. Seems unlikely she’d be there at 7pm then for the night shift. Times could of course be wrong, it sounds absolutely traumatic for the parents.

Difficult reading this morning

• Sad
Reactions: 11
This poor mothers evidence confirms what my gut has told me so far. The standard of care is shambolic. I’m so angry for this lady 😓
Fully agree so can see why some will find it hard to blame LL rather than the hospital’s failings. On the flip side it could also mean LL knew she could get away with a lot as it could be blamed on other things, like many examples of failings we’ve heard so far. Will see what evidence they have for baby D before deciding where the blame is though

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was sent home at 6cm. I was terrified I was going to give birth at home
Yep. I got sent home - apparently 1cm dilated and cervix too far back. 'You're not in labour'.

5 minutes later, baby was born - in the hospital corridor. Those waiting in the corridor had full view...whilst some moved away to give me privacy, one man just stood there watching before he was told to move.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Yes I believe so. Has it been confirmed what shift she was on. Seems unlikely she’d be there at 7pm then for the night shift. Times could of course be wrong, it sounds absolutely traumatic for the parents.

Difficult reading this morning
Ah that makes sense now why he questioned her on the time. Didn’t even relate it to her there not being there for night shift at that time. So much I miss, glad there’s others to point these things out

Reactions: 7
How awful that Baby D was only taken to the NICU after the parents repeatedly asking if she was ok. Like WTF 😡 if they had listened and done it sooner, perhaps Letby wouldn’t have got her hands on her. So many what if’s.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Totally agree!
For me this gives LL a “perfect” setting to carry out these acts as they would go more unnoticed 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
What the husband has said about the phone call & there been confusion over which child???? Sorry??? Who would the dr be on the phone to as well?
I know the hospital has failed & this evidence has just highlighted this so much more. Do I think it means LL is innocent? I’m not sure we’ve heard enough

Reactions: 10
What the husband has said about the phone call & there been confusion over which child???? Sorry??? Who would the dr be on the phone to as well?
I know the hospital has failed & this evidence has just highlighted this so much more. Do I think it means LL is innocent? I’m not sure we’ve heard enough
I read it as he was talking to someone senior....I may be wrong..

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.