Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, prosecution said in opening something along the lines of she did not know it then but she witnessed Lucy attacking the child, so it will need to be crossed. Hopefully done tactfully and with the respect it deserves.
I’m not sure that was baby D, could be wrong.

This is really awful sounding. To be honest it is not that unfamiliar story to me, as a few friends experienced being fobbed off even though waters had been left too long. Often because there was not available staff to perform induction or c section. Definitely aspects similar to my own experiences too, having to try and be heard.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Is it because she said she directly saw LL attacking her child? I know it’s awful to be questioned on that but I suppose it’s important as it’s a very key piece of evidence and a massive allegation. In the same way a witness of any crime would be cross examined. I think if she’d not said she’d witnessed it she wouldn’t have been called.
I thought it was a different child that that had happened to.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It might be because of the poor care the defence want to cross examine her. Not to challenge her but more to ask questions that basically reinforce their argument that poor care was the cause of the deaths. I’d actually prefer that than try and discredit her account of events (which might happen with child E I think it is).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

This is really awful sounding. To be honest it is not that unfamiliar story to me, as a few friends experienced being fobbed off even though waters had been left too long. Often because there was not available staff to perform induction or c section. Definitely aspects similar to my own experiences too, having to try and be heard.
Just checked...no, its not Baby D😢this is awful, por mum , please Ben Myers be gentle with her💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Just checked and definitely child E that prosecution say mother walked in on attacking the baby. We are averaging about 4 days per baby at the mo so maybe next week we will start hearing about child E.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I didn’t expect Child Ds parents to give evidence. I’m assuming it was optional and some went for witness statements instead.
Unfortunately not, if everything falls into agreed facts then a statement can just be read out. Any

Think you're right, I've gotten the cases confused. Apologies all

Reactions: 6
It might be because of the poor care the defence want to cross examine her. Not to challenge her but more to ask questions that basically reinforce their argument that poor care was the cause of the deaths. I’d actually prefer that than try and discredit her account of events (which might happen with child E I think it is).
I thought that but why have prosecution called her?.I'm a tad confused 🥺

Reactions: 4
I thought that but why have prosecution called her?.I'm a tad confused 🥺
They will have called her if defence want to question her. I don’t think they have any choice in that but don’t quote me on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
They will have called her if defence want to question her. I don’t think they have any choice in that but don’t quote me on that.
Ah right ....I don't have a clue how the court system works 🤦‍♀️..thankfully!!😢

Reactions: 4
Baby D does sound very poorly and badly let down. They staff sound far too blasé.

• Sad
I’m guessing the prosecution could call them up because they want to go in more detail than a statement being read out (if a strong witness for example) but I don’t think they would have wanted that with this mother.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I think the defence are potentially going to go down the route that the hospital failed during the birth & the baby was much more poorly than has been said - I think that’s maybe why they want to question her

• Sad
Yes if they know defence are going to question her then they’ll want to try and put their points across first using what she’s said.

Apologies- I’d got the cases confused. I wonder why the others didn’t get called. Maybe their care before the birth wasn’t as bad.

I think today might be where I end up taking time out, I cannot bear to think what they must all be going through 😞 To sit and hear the grim details of your babies death and then have to talk about your awful birth too. So sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think the defence are potentially going to go down the route that the hospital failed during the birth & the baby was much more poorly than has been said - I think that’s maybe why they want to question her
They wouldn’t be wrong either in this instance but it could have given Letby the perfect opportunity.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

This happened to me in March. Obstetrician was pushing to break the rest of my waters, but I felt so unwell I didn’t see how I could push a baby out, despite the offer of an epidural. My partner and midwife had to advocate for me. Thank god baby was delivered by c section as he was blue, not breathing and had sepsis.
THANKFULLY the NICU staff were amazing and he just needed an overnight stay and IV antibiotics. Things can go so wrong so quickly with poorly babies 😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.