Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a look at The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness too. It's written by a psychologist and looks at what can drive people to violence, it was recommended by one of the forensic psychiatrists i worked with - bit wordy but very interesting.
I'm guessing it would probably not be wise to send this to my narc ex mother in law as a Xmas present 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It did cross my mind once before that she could have accessed the babies notes while she was on admin duty when she shouldn’t have - but I have a feeling she wouldn’t be that stupid? If she is guilty (which I believe she is) she’s been very clever in trying to cover her tracks - making sure she wasn’t named nurse, not being present when the insulin contaminated fluids took effect etc. Would she really then go and look up her victims months later on a system where she knows her every move would be tracked especially while she’s under suspicion?
I also would imagine that as the deaths and collapses were under investigation by the police the digital notes would have restrictions on them so only those investigating would have access?
I do think the prosecution would have already mentioned it as part of their opening statement if she had been accessing them.

Reactions: 12
Have a look at The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness too. It's written by a psychologist and looks at what can drive people to violence, it was recommended by one of the forensic psychiatrists i worked with - bit wordy but very interesting.
Sounds good, thank you!!! ❤

Reactions: 2
Watched the Channel 5 documentaries Cause of Death, that another poster had helpfully mentioned, which focused on PMs and the role of the Coroner. Quite informative.
Been watching that...the hospital is fairly local to me..the murder of that elderly man in first episode I think it was, was horrific, was in the next town to us, just awful 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh, I’ve read that, it’s great. I’m now reading The Seven Ages of Death by the same author, Dr Richard Shepherd. Thanks.
This is on my wishlist. Also Do No Harm (brain surgery) is on my list and meant to be really interesting but my parents refused to buy it as a gift 🤣 so looks like I’ll have to buy it myself!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can I add into this, if you like books, there's one called UnNatural Causes written by a pathologist. It's great 👌🏻
This is such a good book! I read it on holiday on a sun lounger and kept waking up my partner to tell him how bodies looked at different stages of decomposition.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m wondering why we haven’t heard from the pathologists unless they are planning to go through them all together at a later date.

Reactions: 11
9805F94B-9B7A-4371-B93F-D2E4200165E1.jpeg

Oh tit this probably means the defence want to cross examine her 😢

the previous family statements have all been agreed facts and read out.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
View attachment 1700769

Oh tit this probably means the defence want to cross examine her 😢

the previous family statements have all been agreed facts and read out.
Yep, prosecution said in opening something along the lines of she did not know it then but she witnessed Lucy attacking the child, so it will need to be crossed. Hopefully done tactfully and with the respect it deserves.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Could what we’re hearing from this mum tie in with their increase in still births? I know she didn’t have one but the care sounds pretty terrible so could explain the increases generally.

How awful for her 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I didn’t expect Child Ds parents to give evidence. I’m assuming it was optional and some went for witness statements instead.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I didn’t expect Child Ds parents to give evidence. I’m assuming it was optional and some went for witness statements instead.
Is it because she said she directly saw LL attacking her child? I know it’s awful to be questioned on that but I suppose it’s important as it’s a very key piece of evidence and a massive allegation. In the same way a witness of any crime would be cross examined. I think if she’d not said she’d witnessed it she wouldn’t have been called.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.