Lucy Letby Case #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For what it's worth, I don't actually think LL was accessing records for CPD reasons at all. I think she is guilty as sin and was looking when she shouldn't. It's all far too shifty.

But CPD is one way her defence could try to make her actions seem legitimate, irrespective of whether they actually were.

I just don't think it's helpful to anyone to make incorrect blanket statements on the legalities of things when it's a court case we are discussing.

Reactions: 9
Faith you seem like the most wonderful nurse, thank you for everything you do and all of the other amazing nurses on the threads ❤🥰

my dad was in a hospice at the end and the staff were amazing, I know he was in a hospice and clearly was not coming out alive… but I do feel in my heart that they “ hurried” him along 🥹😔
They kept wanting to turn him and then not long after he passed away, always haunted me 💔
Thankyou and I work in the community end of life/hospice care. My only experience of in patient hospice care is my personal experience.
But,I fully understand how you feel about your experience with your dad💔
My mum passed away relatively recently in the hospice, long story but she was meant to come out alive, only went in for respite..she did have a life limiting illness of C.O.P.D but wasn't quite " there yet", I've no clue how or why going there hastened her passing but, she had always said to me..she wanted to die at home and I promised her I would make sure she did when the time came😢
After only around 24 hours of being there she said the most random thing " it wouldn't be so bad to die in here"( she was relatively fine at this point!!)
I was stunned and said "that's good but you'll be home as planned next week!"
" something happened" and she never did come home..she passed away about a week after that💔💔💔 I convinced myself it's because she had decided she had had enough and " was "ready"
My point being, I do understand how and why you feel that way, cos I did when they started given her medication that I knew would only be given at the very end of life....if I think about it now I could say I feel that way too...so I try so bloody hard not to dwell on it or it would eat me up or "haunt" me as you describe!
It's easy to say...try not let it haunt you.....but I'll say it anyway, sending 💖💖💖

Thankyou and I work in the community end of life/hospice care. My only experience of in patient hospice care is my personal experience.
But,I fully understand how you feel about your experience with your dad💔
My mum passed away relatively recently in the hospice, long story but she was meant to come out alive, only went in for respite..she did have a life limiting illness of C.O.P.D but wasn't quite " there yet", I've no clue how or why going there hastened her passing but, she had always said to me..she wanted to die at home and I promised her I would make sure she did when the time came😢
After only around 24 hours of being there she said the most random thing " it wouldn't be so bad to die in here"( she was relatively fine at this point!!)
I was stunned and said "that's good but you'll be home as planned next week!"
" something happened" and she never did come home..she passed away about a week after that💔💔💔 I convinced myself it's because she had decided she had had enough and " was "ready"
My point being, I do understand how and why you feel that way, cos I did when they started given her medication that I knew would only be given at the very end of life....if I think about it now I could say I feel that way too...so I try so bloody hard not to dwell on it or it would eat me up or "haunt" me as you describe!
It's easy to say...try not let it haunt you.....but I'll say it anyway, sending 💖💖💖
Just to say, also thankyou to those nurses on here who work in NICU or with babies and children...I admire the skill and dedication and strength you must have to do that, I just couldn't 😢
Also, must be so hard to follow this case and the circumstances surrounding the deaths of these poor babies, let alone to contempalte the thought that they may have been harmed intentionally by one of " your own" for want of a better way of putting it💔

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Sorry if I’ve not caught up properly, but had it been established that she has accessed records whilst on clerical duties, or has the thread argued for 5 pages over a speculation?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Watched the Channel 5 documentaries Cause of Death, that another poster had helpfully mentioned, which focused on PMs and the role of the Coroner. Quite informative.

Reactions: 11
Erm, because admin staff do not have access to patient's medical notes?? Come on, you can't think they do. It's a restricted unit with access only allowed by electronic key card and you think admin staff can access the computers in there where the notes are saved....? What next, the cleaners can access them too? Security?

And if she did have a reflective journal - she didn't remember that she herself was the only one present at the collapse, but remembered what her colleague did before the collapse? Why would she think the time before collapse was more important than the collapse itself and what happened after and her role in it? Unless of course, she knows that's what caused the death? Funny that defence say it could be CPR, as something that happened AFTER the collapse but she herself knew the only thing important was who was doing the feed BEFORE collapse..

Don't you think the detectives would have pointed out the notes in her reflective journal to her, instead of faffing with text messages if she detailed things so thoroughly? That the prosecution would have shared it as evidence, or the defence would have for child A and C.. I can imagine a lot of scenarios, doesn't make them true if neither prosecution nor defence have mentioned it.
Admin staff in my trust can access a certain amount of records via the electronic system. It’s all logged so you could potentially get questioned on why you accessed and some is behind a safeguarding wall but they can definitely access!

Reactions: 8
Sorry if I’ve not caught up properly, but had it been established that she has accessed records whilst on clerical duties, or has the thread argued for 5 pages over a speculation?
As far as I’m aware, there is absolutely no evidence so far that she has done that no x

Watched the Channel 5 documentaries Cause of Death, that another poster had helpfully mentioned, which focused on PMs and the role of the Coroner. Quite informative.
That’s my evening sorted 😬👍🏻 Husband will be thrilled 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Speculation 😂😂 my bad 🤷‍♀️
People were saying how suspicious it is thst she has a selective memory in her interviews, I suggested she could have remembered some bits more than others cos of reflections/debriefs/supervisions. Then it kind of ran away 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can I add into this, if you like books, there's one called UnNatural Causes written by a pathologist. It's great 👌🏻

Reactions: 11
So what’s everyone having for tea tonight?
Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood before admin have to get involved lol!!
Ive nothing to add other than let’s hope we get full court notes today 🤞🏻keep calm and carry on guys, happy Thursday!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Speculation 😂😂 my bad 🤷‍♀️
People were saying how suspicious it is thst she has a selective memory in her interviews, I suggested she could have remembered some bits more than others cos of reflections/debriefs/supervisions. Then it kind of ran away 🤔
As it does on here 🤣🙈

Reminds me of that meme about Twitter where if someone says they like strawberries the rest of Twitter immediately goes ‘oh so what you’re saying is apples are inferior to strawberries? You’re so middle class’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So what’s everyone having for tea tonight?
Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood before admin have to get involved lol!!
Ive nothing to add other than let’s hope we get full court notes today 🤞🏻keep calm and carry on guys, happy Thursday!
I’m having Beverly Alitt surprise 👩🏻‍🍳💩

• Haha
Reactions: 15
In some trusts they do.
Ward clerks have access to the drs notes as they are not stored electronically and they do the filing.
Same in clinics, they will request the medical notes from the notes department and have them set up ready for the days clinics.
Just as secretary's have access to all of their consultants paitents.
Not every Trust works 100% electronically, and not every Trust has the funding to set up permissions across the board.
Notes are forever left on wards long after a paitent is discharged because wards are often busy and requesting notes to be collected is the last thing to do.
Just like GP receptionists, they have access to your records and can see when results are returned for you.
There is a wide range of admin staff within the NHS all who will have access, some who will have no access at all.
You're quoting guidelines that most people adhere too. People don't just start browsing random medical records. But ultimately the access is there, so some people do cross the line and access files when they shouldn't.
This doesn't surprise me. I often have to wade through medical records for a living and the digital ones are fine but the handwritten notes are quite often not in order, pages upside down and back to front, unintelligible and sometimes have stuff missing.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing for staff to look at the notes of other patients that might be relevant to my work. A lot of my job involves looking at
Admin staff in my trust can access a certain amount of records via the electronic system. It’s all logged so you could potentially get questioned on why you accessed and some is behind a safeguarding wall but they can definitely access!
This is totally logical too. Storage, organisation, access requests etc will all be dealt with by admin staff as with any any organisation. It makes no sense to have highly paid, qualified people dealing with storing and accessing records. It shouldn't be a free for all and like you say there should be specific people with access and a clear audit trail.

I spend a lot of time looking at medical records at work and that anyone would want to read them who didn't need to is baffling. They're often very long, not very interesting, handwritten notes are always in the wrong order and half of it is unintelligible to the average layperson. Anyone looking out of morbid curiosity will likely be disappointed.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.