Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, that’s it. Lucy’s laziness to decorate must be down to her neighbours x

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I am not saying it is. We obviously don’t know the right reason - could be laziness mixed in with bad mood thanks to lockdown, could be neighbours, could be money, could be that they just can’t decide on colours. Or they may need to do extra work like a rewire so then there is no point of painting the walls, because they will all be ruined anyway.
For all we know, she is arguing with her partner over using Farrow and Ball rather than any other paint 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yet she painted her living room and bedroom and did living room floor before and still hasn't painted the ceiling, skirting or doors?

Reactions: 1
Yet she painted her living room and bedroom and did living room floor before and still hasn't painted the ceiling, skirting or doors?
I do find that odd. I always do the ceiling first (for obvious reasons!) and then the glosswork completes the room. It's a faff but a room isn't 'done' until the gloss is on.

Did no one think it was weird that their new parquet floor was just laid on top of the old laminate? Why not take that up first??

Reactions: 4
Did no one think it was weird that their new parquet floor was just laid on top of the old laminate? Why not take that up first??

Oh yes forgot about thta. I did find it weird but I like carpets so not sure what the done thing for hard flooring is 😂

I’ve just watched her video and to be fair they’ve done some of the more expensive stuff ie the roof/guttering and now the boiler. I also think it’s admirable she’s not rushing in to it and really putting her own style on the house with the living room/bedroom. It’s very different to other videos I’ve seen. Even decorating is expensive, time consuming as well as pointless if she can’t do it all together (don’t understand not putting a lick of paint on the ceiling or flossing at the same time as doing the walls). Particularly with Covid wasn’t the easiest to get hold of things. I don’t think it’s laziness at all, I think it is a case of living in the space to see what you need/want and purchasing quality items rather than cheap throwaway furniture that won’t last. I personally think it’s a great idea and far less stressful than moving and doing it all at once.

Plus why should she be the one to do it all when they both work, both own the house and are quite obviously a very social couple and enjoy going out together too. Sure with lockdown that hasn’t happened as much. I don’t think it would be fair to judge and say she has loads of time when we don’t know her time management/schedule/cash flow to do these things or even just her mental state during lockdown which everyone has experienced differently.

Reactions: 15
Also she’s said a few times that she needs to be quiet as Adam is on meetings. It could be that he has a lot of online meetings and so noise could be an issue.
She did the rooms mainly on her own and she says in the last vlog that the boiler upgrade will cause quite a lot of upheavals to the kitchen and the back bedroom.
I’ll be honest and say I’m always surprised at how small the house is but I guess that’s the cost of living in London. Which I think they need to do for Adams work and also it seems like his family live in London.
Im much older than her and find her very likeable but as others have said I wish she would stop the accents and the putting down of herself.

Reactions: 11
We've been in our house for over 2 years, and they have done more than we have!

I find Lucy really relatable, and honest that they haven't got as much done as they would have liked. Fixing the roof, new boiler... that doesn't come cheap, but remains relatively unseen.

Also, Adam has been working from home throughout lockdown, and there house isn't the biggest (2 bed semi?) so I imagine someone moving furniture around, sanding walls etc. would be quite disruptive. I'm not sure what Adam does for a living, but i've been working from home and taking multiple calls a day from clients, or my boss and frequently have to tell my husband to turn the TV down as i can't concentrate.

Edited: Posted mid sentence🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
That's absolutely fair enough, things that are bunseen are being done and with lockdown and Adam working at home I absolutely understand shhe may not have done as much as she could but very little has been done.

Painting is relatively quiet. She could have glossed. Painted the ceilings and doors, I know I keep going on about it but I'm just baffled why she didn't do them, especially the living room with the new floor!!

I understand people do things at different paces but it's not like she has no time? And yes Adam could help but even when he was at work she didn't do much to the house other than the two rooms?

Please don't think I'm being a witch and nit picky and thinking she should be completely done because that's not what I'm saying at all. Like I said, I do like her but when she goes on like she sksint when she posts a tit tonne of adson YouTube and Instagram? Don't buy it.

I also understand buying more expensive items is better in the long run and have done that myself but was a£350 vinyl unit necessary when she had a perfectly decent one for the time being and theres a fair bit to be done to the house? Or even that clock which is about £70?

Reactions: 1
That's absolutely fair enough, things that are bunseen are being done and with lockdown and Adam working at home I absolutely understand shhe may not have done as much as she could but very little has been done.

Painting is relatively quiet. She could have glossed. Painted the ceilings and doors, I know I keep going on about it but I'm just baffled why she didn't do them, especially the living room with the new floor!!

I understand people do things at different paces but it's not like she has no time? And yes Adam could help but even when he was at work she didn't do much to the house other than the two rooms?

Please don't think I'm being a witch and nit picky and thinking she should be completely done because that's not what I'm saying at all. Like I said, I do like her but when she goes on like she sksint when she posts a tit tonne of adson YouTube and Instagram? Don't buy it.

I also understand buying more expensive items is better in the long run and have done that myself but was a£350 vinyl unit necessary when she had a perfectly decent one for the time being and theres a fair bit to be done to the house? Or even that clock which is about £70?
Did she buy those things before lockdown though? I imagine her income will have dramatically slowed and probably being a bit more frugal as it’s very uncertain as to when things will be back to normal.

Reactions: 2
She did but she does have savings and she's still be doing loads of ads and sponsored posts. Maybe it has slower down but she's still earning decently from ads and Adam is still working so there's his wage too.

Personally I don't feel like as soon as you buy a house you.must spend every extra penny doing it up as quickly as possible, also kind of feel it's her business what she spends her money on.

She doesn't seem to buy endless fast fashion anymore or have ridiculous drawers full of makeup she will never use so I don't really begrudge her buying a record unit she wanted for her living room.

I like the house and can see why they've left the second bedroom for now, when you have a spare room without a true purpose it's always harder to know what to do with it.

Reactions: 10
@SkinkaareFan You make some really good points and I enjoyed reading your posts today. I guess we will never know the truth. It would be interesting to know how much a moderately popular youtuber such as Lucy earns from a sponsored post or sponsored segment in a video.

Speaking of which, the Tampax instagram post - oh Lucy, that's your first strike! I am very eco-concious and it really upset me that she featured an environmentaly friendly razor in her YT video while Tampax come with a plastic applicator which just make my blood boil! I use non-applicator personally but what happened to good ol' cardboard applicators? I know it's hard to get everything right at the beginning when one tries to produce less waste or at least waste that is less burden on the environment but Lucy should be a bit more careful which partnership she choses so there is no discrepancies like that. Unless of course she was on jumping on eco bandwagon to get the razor sponsorship.😔

I think she might also be saving money for the kitchen/bathroom conversion. The kitchen is tiny and bathroom basic and if it was me (I love cooking and also love long baths and pampering), I would probably like to have both the kitchen and bathroom done up as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that you have to do up your house as soon as you move in as it's personal for everyone but I would as I can't stand to live somewhere unfinished and doesn't have my stamp on it. From the outside it looks like she has the money and the time so, for me, I can't understand why she wouldn't.

Yes, we'll never know the ins and outs of her earnings and I definitely don't want to know, need to know or have any right to know. It's just an outsider perspective and one opinion.

I don't begrudge her buying expensive furniture, I don't have problem with that, I'd rather spend more and have it last longer but when they argument is she might not have the money to paint then it seems abit silly a paint is alot cheaper than £350 and that was my point.

@SkinkaareFan You make some really good points and I enjoyed reading your posts today. I guess we will never know the truth. It would be interesting to know how much a moderately popular youtuber such as Lucy earns from a sponsored post or sponsored segment in a video.

Speaking of which, the Tampax instagram post - oh Lucy, that's your first strike! I am very eco-concious and it really upset me that she featured an environmentaly friendly razor in her YT video while Tampax come with a plastic applicator which just make my blood boil! I use non-applicator personally but what happened to good ol' cardboard applicators? I know it's hard to get everything right at the beginning when one tries to produce less waste or at least waste that is less burden on the environment but Lucy should be a bit more careful which partnership she choses so there is no discrepancies like that. Unless of course she was on jumping on eco bandwagon to get the razor sponsorship.😔

I think she might also be saving money for the kitchen/bathroom conversion. The kitchen is tiny and bathroom basic and if it was me (I love cooking and also love long baths and pampering), I would probably like to have both the kitchen and bathroom done up as soon as possible.
I know some youtubers earn £5000/£10000 and over per sponsored post and that's not even big ones so I guess she earns a decent amount but you're right, well never know for sure and that's fine, I don't care how much she earns, all Instagrammers are overpaid anyway.

I still can't get over the fact she bought that smeg fridge without measuring the space. Fair enough she said in a few years she'd maybe get an extension but it's going to be in the living room for years? Sometimes she seems very immature.

I think she jumps on bandwagons alot for the free stuff/sponsorships. She did that size 14 Jeans video and because it went viral she milked it. Fair enough, it's her job and she wants to make as much money as possible while she can but then she'd constantly complain that it's not good for her mental health? She would never pick nice clothes either, they'd always be a bit out there and not something an average person would wear. Maybe I'm wrong but just my opinion. I'm glad she stopped it though because nobody needs to contribute towards fast fashion.

I try to get my point across without coming across too bitchy or like I don't take anyone else's opinion on board because i absolutely do and you can like someone whilst having problems with certain things they do or the way they act!

I can completely understand someone doing the ‘nice’ bit of painting, the colours, the bit that makes the big difference, then running out of steam whine it comes to the ‘boring’ ceiling or gloss. I’ve done the same before. It’s also totally reasonable to tackle the lived in rooms, their bedroom and living room, leaving the less important spare room til later and an expensive kitchen and bathroom reno until they’ve saved and decided on a plan. I imagine the roof, living room floor and gas leak cost them a bit.
I think everyone is different, some people rush into decorating asap, some people don’t. My parents have had their house 20 years this year and still have ugly dated wallpaper and patterned brown carpet in a spare room as it’s just not everyone’s highest priority. I think she’s done a reasonable amount.

Reactions: 6
But her house is part of her work content. A simple cheap white paint everywhere and gloss would make an easy video, ad sense, and make a nicer background for filming. The whitw is usually temporary while people decide what to do long term. She's waiting for freebies!

@SkinkaareFan You don't come across bitchy, I guess other people on the thread have very different but equally strong opinions ;) I have enjoyed reading posts here, they presents a range of views but no-one is being mean or rude towards Lucy.

I finally got around to watching the video last night and it seems like they're not going to extend the kitchen and bathroom area because they'd lose the garden space which is fair enough but their kitchen is really small. They will need to have it re-design in a very clever way, especially if the fridge is to be moved in from the living room.
Also, I am guessing it's not their forever home but I would hate it if I always had to eat all my meals on the living room sofa by a coffee table and not having a proper dining table. Sure you can have your dinner al fresco in the warmer months but when you get a little older (in my mid-30s now) you start appreciating eating dinner properly ;)

But her house is part of her work content. A simple cheap white paint everywhere and gloss would make an easy video, ad sense, and make a nicer background for filming. The whitw is usually temporary while people decide what to do long term. She's waiting for freebies!
Gloss is not fashionable anymore, it is trendy nowadays to paint the skirting the same colour as your walls. And white paint is not meant to be perfect for every single room, it may make it look a bit drab if you don’t have enough light.

• Haha
Reactions: 2