Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally don't see an issue with the pace at which she's decorating/renovating and I like how open and honest she's being about the process, as well as being realistic.

I don't think she's lazy for not having accomplished what some people might have with the house in 6 months. As others have said, everyone has different preferences/paces/circumstances. She seems fairly laid back about the process and why not be.

I really like what she has done so far. It's looking really great. Compare her to Gabby Lindley who rushes into everything and has about 50 layers of paint on every wall (and her place looks tit) and Lucy is such a breath of fresh air.

I also don't see her hanging about in order to be gifted stuff. She's just taking her time and said play to her for not succumbing to the trend of influencers rushing to get everything completed for content.

Reactions: 11
It’s the fact they spent all that money on that sofa and it’s only a two seater! They could have easily got a great second hand bargain
I also have a friend who got her bathroom suite from gumtree! It was in really good condition and saved a bomb to spend on other things like the roof etc
And it almost couldn't be manoeuvred in their living room because their entrance area is very small... That was a weird vlog, I could see how upset Lucy was but personally, it cracked me up. I was wondering when watching the video if she couldn't open the living room window and ask the delivery people to pass it in through the front window... Maybe they thought of that but it couldn't have worked either but she didn't mention in the video.
Oh, Lucy.

Reactions: 3
And it almost couldn't be manoeuvred in their living room because their entrance area is very small... That was a weird vlog, I could see how upset Lucy was but personally, it cracked me up. I was wondering when watching the video if she couldn't open the living room window and ask the delivery people to pass it in through the front window... Maybe they thought of that but it couldn't have worked either but she didn't mention in the video.
Oh, Lucy.

We had to use our window due our entrance being really small and awkward and there's no other way we could have done it.

In frustrated me that she didn't measure it, or didn't do it properly. She didn't measure for the fridge and didn't measure the floor and went off the floor plan which was wrong.

Even with the floor plan we still measure everything!

Earlier on, I was going to mention GumTree and similar websites but then edited it out from my comment and never posted. We live in Cambridge and such sites are heaving atm! People are getting rid of almost new things, I guess everyone is having a bit of declutter, and selling thing for next to nothing or giving away for free. My boyfriend and I don't mind second hand as we prefer to spend more money on other things but for some reason I just can't picture Lucy doing the same which is a shame. (Or any Youtuber for that matter, unless it would be someone with a niche channel specilising in upcycling). But if money is really tight for her at the moment (it seems that way), she should definitely consider it.

I hope not! She can do better.
We live in Devon and there is nothing good on Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree atm. We are slowly buying our furniture and waiting for the kitchen renovation to finish before painting the walls, but we are lucky that we can live with my parents whilst all that is happening. We got lucky before with FB marketplace but the last few bits we need (like a decent shoe rack) I just cannot seem to come across! Maybe it’s easier in more densely populated areas where people are more affluent.

Reactions: 2
We had to use our window due our entrance being really small and awkward and there's no other way we could have done it.

In frustrated me that she didn't measure it, or didn't do it properly. She didn't measure for the fridge and didn't measure the floor and went off the floor plan which was wrong.

Even with the floor plan we still measure everything!
So it can be done as I thought, I am sure it could have worked for our Lucy!

We live in Devon and there is nothing good on Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree atm. We are slowly buying our furniture and waiting for the kitchen renovation to finish before painting the walls, but we are lucky that we can live with my parents whilst all that is happening. We got lucky before with FB marketplace but the last few bits we need (like a decent shoe rack) I just cannot seem to come across! Maybe it’s easier in more densely populated areas where people are more affluent.
Yes, Cambridge is definitely very densely populated and fairly rich, as well as being a massive tourist destination which means that quite a few people have been put on furlough (myself included) which gives people more time to declutter and list items online as well as look for and go and pick up items if you're the buyer.

Last edited:
I really like what she has done so far. It's looking really great. Compare her to Gabby Lindley who rushes into everything and has about 50 layers of paint on every wall (and her place looks tit) and Lucy is such a breath of fresh air.
Omg is Gabbi/Gabby still going... must look up her thread here!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm sorry but why would you make an 6 month update video if you've done practically nothing? Why not wait? That video was blring as hell. "As you can see, we've done nothing here" 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Agreed. It’s just getting annoying now! I reckon she’s doing some art prints or something with “inspirational” quotes. 🙄
I totally thought this too... you can kind of see them in the vlog where she shows the new storage! Looked like some retro 70s inspired prints or something.

Also, re: second hand purchasing... she did end up using a cake tin she found in hedge recently didn't she 😂 Maybe not too fussy for preloved items then!

Reactions: 5
I totally thought this too... you can kind of see them in the vlog where she shows the new storage! Looked like some retro 70s inspired prints or something.

Also, re: second hand purchasing... she did end up using a cake tin she found in hedge recently didn't she 😂 Maybe not too fussy for preloved items then!
Has she use the tin again though? I don't mind second hand furniture or even sometimes clothings but kitchenware (unless handed down in family or passed on by a friend) ... Especially that the tin looked about 100 years old and just yuck. (I am OCD so was really struggling through that video)

Has she use the tin again though? I don't mind second hand furniture or even sometimes clothings but kitchenware (unless handed down in family or passed on by a friend) ... Especially that the tin looked about 100 years old and just yuck. (I am OCD so was really struggling through that video)
The tin no, but for uni I got all second hand stuff so that if it smashed it actually didn’t matter that it smashed 🤣

Reactions: 1
The tin no, but for uni I got all second hand stuff so that if it smashed it actually didn’t matter that it smashed 🤣
Fair enough, as long as it's clean and not chipped and so on. I have bought crystal glasses in a charity shop, I remember now, but because of the OCD, I probably washed them in bleach before using, or something, and bought a wooden tray at a carboot sale, but that's it. I draw a line here.

I found some crystal glasses in a charity shop that were in a box and all the glasses still had all the stickers on them. Googled the brand and they were £50 in John Lewis!
If it’s in good condition, whether it’s clothes or homeward, or wood furniture, I will take it. I draw the line at shoes, soft furniture and things like cushions.

She works with desenio a lot, I wonder if she's designed a print with them or something?

I'm sorry but why would you make an 6 month update video if you've done practically nothing? Why not wait? That video was blring as hell. "As you can see, we've done nothing here" 🙄
I found this a bit odd too. Not the pace of the renovation but the need to film a video about it. If there aren't any tangible changes, why bother with a video explaining why you haven't done the *insert task* yet? I was excited to see the updates and it's pretty much the same.

The cake tin thing was vile. I can’t cope with how unhygienic and just generally gross that felt. Why would you do that?

• Wow
Hardly jumping on her? I’ve just added my thoughts, my opinion and l my feedback on how she’s developing her house.
Step back and the evaluate what matters in life? Are you joking? I’m very aware of what’s important in life but this is kind of the point of tattle, it’s a discussion board?
If you want to talk about deep and meaningfuls then find a another thread?

It looks like you say a lot worse on gabbies thread so what’s the difference??
The difference is I’m not having a dig at Gabby for not decorating much in the middle of a global pandemic because I know there’s bigger stuff going on in the world and everyone has reacted to being in lockdown differently. Gabby decided to go to A&E whilst also doing everything doctors advise not to do for the reason she was apparently there, so yeah I think she’s a selfish moron. I’m just glad Lucy is not like that and that she’s not of the influencers that were going out and meeting friends and posting it all online not caring about the current situation at all. I think people need to focus on calling out those people during this time rather than someone that hasn’t painted their own house

Reactions: 3
The cake tin thing was vile. I can’t cope with how unhygienic and just generally gross that felt. Why would you do that?
I mean, she did scrub it and put it through the dishwasher multiple times. They sell cake tins in second hand shops, it's pretty much the same.

Just found this thread... I really like her. I never watched her 'old' channel (when she mainly focused on fashion) so came in just as she moved into her new place. She feels relatable and friendly, I like that they're sticking to their own style with their home and not just painting everything white/grey, and it doesn't really feel 'slow' to me, it feels realistic. I moved into my new house in October last year and she's done more than I have haha.

Reactions: 7