Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I moved house exactly one week before lockdown. We haven’t painted any ceilings because quite honestly, it is a crap job to do and wasn’t a priority to us. We painted the walls because they are what had the biggest impact on the place feeling more like our own. Just because you would do something doesn’t make her, me or anyone else lazy for choosing not to do it. I have better things to invest my time in than painting a ceiling that doesn’t bother me. We painted the bedrooms and living room walls, everything else has stayed the same because it’s a complete waste of money, resources and time to paint it white/any other colour to then just change our minds again. We are working out what to do with the spaces first, taking it one step at a time because that is the most economical thing to do as well as the least wasteful! There’s influencers out there who have been breaking social distancing rules for the last few months but if you want to jump on someone for not painting THEIR ceiling then I think you need to step back and evaluate what really matters in life lol
Hardly jumping on her? I’ve just added my thoughts, my opinion and l my feedback on how she’s developing her house.
Step back and the evaluate what matters in life? Are you joking? I’m very aware of what’s important in life but this is kind of the point of tattle, it’s a discussion board?
If you want to talk about deep and meaningfuls then find a another thread?

It looks like you say a lot worse on gabbies thread so what’s the difference??

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Gloss is not fashionable anymore, it is trendy nowadays to paint the skirting the same colour as your walls. And white paint is not meant to be perfect for every single room, it may make it look a bit drab if you don’t have enough light.
Nice.

Yeah, but it's temporary isn't it. A blank canvas (white) before you pick whatever colours you like. They seem to live in a built up area with poor lighting so it won't help whatever they do and, It looks s**t as it is, lazy and slob a bob like, the house is now used as content for her channel / work and leaving it as is is lazy amd unattractive.

Plus, decorating to what's in right now means it will date - fast. Updating is expensive so why not stick to the classics instead of some nouveau rich crap. She seems frugal (tight?) and lazy so why would she want to be decorating multiple times. Really she needs to be employing gabby to paint for her at this point.

The house is tiny, they should expand into the garden. No one wants a tiny house, and a garden is a luxury for those with a bit of space. It will add value.

Hardly jumping on her? I’ve just added my thoughts, my opinion and l my feedback on how she’s developing her house.
Step back and the evaluate what matters in life? Are you joking? I’m very aware of what’s important in life but this is kind of the point of tattle, it’s a discussion board?
If you want to talk about deep and meaningfuls then find a another thread?

It looks like you say a lot worse on gabbies thread so what’s the difference??
Her house, the move, the tours, the 'renovations', the painting or lack thereof are her channel content, and therefore her work.

It's not like she's busy working a s a G.P or teacher and tarting up the place in the evenings and on weekends .

The last reply was in response to what ca097 had written to kindred_ i would go back and tidy up the edit, but instead I'm taking my lead from lazy lucy herself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I can't blame her for being tight as I'm tight myself, hahaha, and I do think what she has done is nice and very her style and because it's a 70s look, I don't think it will date, if that makes sense?

It's just little things thats not been done hwen she's had the some and seemingly the funds, like the light shades!! (I won't shut up about them now, haha)

We were having a nice conversation with differing opinions and people decided to come on and have a go which I just don't understand? Adults can share their opinions and things they would do without being told to to evaluate their lives.

I definitely wouldn't choose some of her furniture pieces but I'm pretty safe and boring, if she likes them and isn't doing it just to be cute on Instagram then fair enough!

You can tell thought has been put in to it but has been lazy with a lot of different things. I do love her garden though and don't know if I would extend the kitchen and get rid of the garden but it's definitely in need of a rejig and a place to put the fridge!

Reactions: 2
Yes, 100% agree, you could tell she didn't enjoy the clothing content. She was uncomfortable but tried to make jokes but it was upsetting to watch!

The only thing that gets me with the whole self deprecating thing (I do it too but I'm not on YouTube!) is when she had the rant baiut the before and after of Adele, she made some valid pointw but at the same time constantly puts herself down meaning someone that looks like her or has something the same as her is then going to feel down about that thing? Which is what she was saying with Adele so a bit hypocritical

Like I said, I don't care what she spend money on, how much she earns, what she does and doesn't do with her house. I just thinks it weird to not do the ceiling first and leaving things like the dirty light shades.

I wasn't having a go at her for not doing anything, I also said I understand that she has done loads that we can't see but it seems people only want to read certain bits of some posts and have a go for no reason.
I wasn't having a go at you or anyone, I haven't read through the whole thread I just saw a few posts call her lazy (not just from you). I was just adding my general opinion on Lucy which is what threads like this are for.
I actually agree with you about the ceiling.

It might be laziness but what she's done is actually quite sensible, whether it was intentional or not. It's easy to get carried away when you move and start decorating and rearranging straight away but it's better to live in the house and see how you want things to flow. I wish I did that and know to do that in my next house.

I actually think it is interesting that she said they don't want to do a kitchen extension anymore. I think she got caught up with all of the influencers having those massive kitchen/diners and now she's realised that's not her style.
Personally that kitchen is too small for me but they've lived there 6 months and it must work for them. Extensions are expensive.
Also I get having the second bedroom as a dump room while you do the rest of the house and decorating it last, that's what we did.

No no, sorry @Razzmatazz i didn't mean you when I said that! I was talking about the other person I quoted but I just added it on to the end!

No no, sorry @Razzmatazz i didn't mean you when I said that! I was talking about the other person I quoted but I just added it on to the end!

And I agree with the dump room, we used our spare room as one when we moved but we sorted it pretty quickly due to family coming to stay and I can't stand clutter and mess. She is going to be getting work done so I understand why she hasn't done her office yet and It makes sense to wait, just if. It was my office I don't think I'd be as productive if I was surrou ded by mess in my office but again, everyone works differently!

Reactions: 1
Those dark walls all of the influencers were doing in 2018 /19 were awful. Depressing and gloomy, glad she hasn't done that (yet...) or those neon tracey Emin inspired wall pieces. Remember gabby had a skull one that has quietly disappeared 😁 i like the 70s style, i dislike the unfinished 'style.'

I'm surprised they went for a house with such a small kitchen and no dining space, given that Adam loves to cook. I'm sure he must feel at times that it would be nice to present dinner properly? First world problems, I know 😂 they're definitely not considering it their forever home, since Lucy said in her update video that the kitchen is perfect for 2 adults (paraphrasing).
Also, work must be thin on the ground as I replied to one of her Instagram stories yesterday and she messaged back within 10 minutes!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Those dark walls all of the influencers were doing in 2018 /19 were awful. Depressing and gloomy, glad she hasn't done that (yet...) or those neon tracey Emin inspired wall pieces. Remember gabby had a skull one that has quietly disappeared 😁 i like the 70s style, i dislike the unfinished 'style.'

Haha, 100% dislike the unfinished style. I have a dark feature wall in my living room but bright wall as and my spare room is really dark but i love it but know alot of people would hate it. Its all personal preference and of you're on YouTube then people are going to have an opinion.

I'm so glad she didn't go all grey, white and crushed velvet, it's so boring and in my opinion, not her style at all.

I think her house will looks great when's it finished, however long it takes but I'd be going mad at this point if I hadn't finished mine. Obviously with Covid she's not been able to do things like the boiler etc but there are so many little things that would make a big difference that she could have done!

I'm surprised they went for a house with such a small kitchen and no dining space, given that Adam loves to cook. I'm sure he must feel at times that it would be nice to present dinner properly? First world problems, I know 😂 they're definitely not considering it their forever home, since Lucy said in her update video that the kitchen is perfect for 2 adults (paraphrasing).
Also, work must be thin on the ground as I replied to one of her Instagram stories yesterday and she messaged back within 10 minutes!

I have asked her a few questions or replied to stories and had no reply.

It's definitely not a long term thing and I agree with her it is perfect for 2 adults!

I think they really had to consider what they could get in their budget in an area they liked!

Also as just a couple I don't mind not sitting at a dining table but if we had children I'd absolutely want to do that.

Reactions: 4
No, I totally get it but for me personally Id have to at least do the ceiling, it changes a room, along with the light shades! She's into her crafting so she could even make one for the time being. She was quick to gett rid of the tartan curtains which had nothing wrong with them but is happy with dirty roof and shades 🤷🏻‍♀️.

It is a huge achievement buying a house and I'm glad they've not gone for generic, boring, new build (I'd have a new build but not the same greys and crushed velvet they all seem to have) and I kno wits hard work to do up a house, I absolutely get that and I also understand they've done things that we aren't able to see.

Maybe it is laziness, maybe it's money (which I find hard to believe) but we'll never know and are definitely not entitled to know and like I said before don't really care to know but people will always speculate about things.

Even the stairs, she's complainrd alot baiut them but still hasn't done them. I know a decent runner and hardwood flooring can cost a lot but as it's the first thing you see walking in, I would have done it after the 2 main rooms but thats just me. Everyone is different and prioritises different things and that's fine.
When we bought our house, nothing of ours came into the house until I had stripped every wall, ceiling and ripped up the carpets. i ripped out all the light fittings (even the plain bayonet ones) every plug socket and light switch!
everyone has diff Time scales and funds available but every time she shows that manky lampshade i wanna jump in my car and drive 200miles+ to take it down! You can get a basic (for now) lampshade for a fiver from Argos or whatever.... no excuse

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
everyone has diff Time scales and funds available but every time she shows that manky lampshade i wanna jump in my car and drive 200miles+ to take it down! You can get a basic (for now) lampshade for a fiver from Argos or whatever.... no excuse
I don't like buying "temporary" things but also would never keep a disgusting lampshade like this. It's better to have something temporary/cheap but neat and clean.

I don't like buying "temporary" things but also would never keep a disgusting lampshade like this. It's better to have something temporary/cheap but neat and clean.
No I don’t either because in the long run it’s not cost effective, but to say they have done so much of their living room including one item of furniture that cost £350 I’m sure they could have changed it haha 🤢🤢

Yes!! It's really not expensive or hard to change the shade, like I said before, she could even make one as she's big into her crafting just as a temporary fix!!

I'd hate seeing those shades day in, day out. I'd rather have just a bulb on show!

• Heart
Yes!! It's really not expensive or hard to change the shade, like I said before, she could even make one as she's big into her crafting just as a temporary fix!!

I'd hate seeing those shades day in, day out. I'd rather have just a bulb on show!
We've had a bulb on show in our bedroom for 3 years, because I've not found the perfect shade yet. It doesn't bother me at all - rarely have the 'big' light on in there anyway, and much nicer than sticking with the manky old shade that was there.

• Heart
I think those paper wasp nest ones are great. Afforable and clean, won't steal focus from the rest of the room etc.

Whoever mentioned grey and crushed velvet - yes! It's such an over done style that is already dated. And cheap mirrored dressers and tables etc. That end up in landfill or fly tipped. 😬 I hope lucu ends up thrifting a lot of furniture and up cycling. Butttt, i believe she's just going to end up at argos or wherever offers her spons and freebies. I do have higher expectations of her (and adam) as they appear to be an intelligent and well educated pair, it would be a grey use of her influencer status to encourage up cycling. Great content too!

As for what she is filling her days with, puzzles and weaving apparently. At least she isn't bombarding is with too much animal crossing 💩 i refuse to believe these 30 year old adults are THAT enthralled by it. (Sneeky ads)

She could consider a podcast, i think she could carry it off if she could keep up with the work ethic. I'd give it a listen at any rate.

Painting, lucy love - ring gabby she lives for it.

I'd love for her to upcycle!! It's such a great way to take a tired looking furniture piece and give it a new lease of life and I think that it would fit her style too!

I wish she'd stop going on about this secret side project. Either tell us or don't try giving sneaky hints. It's annoying. This goes for all youtubers.

Iwish she'd stop going on about this secret side project. Either tell us or don't try giving sneaky hints. It's annoying. This goes for all youtubers.
Agreed. It’s just getting annoying now! I reckon she’s doing some art prints or something with “inspirational” quotes. 🙄

• Angry
Earlier on, I was going to mention GumTree and similar websites but then edited it out from my comment and never posted. We live in Cambridge and such sites are heaving atm! People are getting rid of almost new things, I guess everyone is having a bit of declutter, and selling thing for next to nothing or giving away for free. My boyfriend and I don't mind second hand as we prefer to spend more money on other things but for some reason I just can't picture Lucy doing the same which is a shame. (Or any Youtuber for that matter, unless it would be someone with a niche channel specilising in upcycling). But if money is really tight for her at the moment (it seems that way), she should definitely consider it.

Agreed. It’s just getting annoying now! I reckon she’s doing some art prints or something with “inspirational” quotes. 🙄
I hope not! She can do better.

Earlier on, I was going to mention GumTree and similar websites but then edited it out from my comment and never posted. We live in Cambridge and such sites are heaving atm! People are getting rid of almost new things, I guess everyone is having a bit of declutter, and selling thing for next to nothing or giving away for free. My boyfriend and I don't mind second hand as we prefer to spend more money on other things but for some reason I just can't picture Lucy doing the same which is a shame. (Or any Youtuber for that matter, unless it would be someone with a niche channel specilising in upcycling). But if money is really tight for her at the moment (it seems that way), she should definitely consider it.

I hope not! She can do better.
It’s the fact they spent all that money on that sofa and it’s only a two seater! They could have easily got a great second hand bargain
I also have a friend who got her bathroom suite from gumtree! It was in really good condition and saved a bomb to spend on other things like the roof etc