Lucille Maciver

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get a bad taste in my mouth every time I see a YouTuber posting their regular scheduled videos right now with no mention of the current situation or use of their platform to promote important donation links, etc. I know she posted a story in relation to it, but it feels like the same preformative crap that a lot of other YouTubers/influencers are doing where they share one little post and go back to regular posting thinking that they've done their good deed for the day. It's a tone deaf move when you have a voice you can use to do some good.

Reactions: 5
I get a bad taste in my mouth every time I see a YouTuber posting their regular scheduled videos right now with no mention of the current situation or use of their platform to promote important donation links, etc. I know she posted a story in relation to it, but it feels like the same preformative crap that a lot of other YouTubers/influencers are doing where they share one little post and go back to regular posting thinking that they've done their good deed for the day. It's a tone deaf move when you have a voice you can use to do some good.
It wouldn’t have taken 5 minutes for her to edit in a section at the beginning saying’what happened was awful, I’ve put a donation link in the description with some petitions, it’s important we all do our part’

the lack of effort, the lack of interest is astounding

Reactions: 2
Because her sister is at Matalan.
Again, she’s too dependent on her family. Not everywhere you work is going to have people you know and who cares? You get to know your co workers (like Laura did with her ex) and then make friends with them (or maybe I’m just crazy for becoming friends with my co workers). She needs to get used to having to mingle with new people in the workplace.

Reactions: 4
Yeah it's weird, I understand she's close to her family but she can't follow her siblings around forever, she's 22 for goodness sake.

I worked with my sibling at one point for a part-time job while we were still at school and we honestly just wanted to throttle each other. Being in a stressful environment like retail is bad enough but add your family into that and it's just too much - drives me crazy just thinking about it.

Reactions: 4
I stumbled across this website for the first time today and this was the first thread that came up on the home page. I recognised the name and realised that Lucille is from my city and I'm actually friends-ish with her sister Natasha 😂 never even knew she had a YouTube channel until now!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Why has she still not addressed the BLM movement and protests in her videos, or at least her description bar?? Come on, thats 2 uploads over 3 days now and she has stayed silent towards her youtube community. She deleted my comment when i asked her about it

Reactions: 3
Watched her latest Q&A vlog and my goodness she rambles on! I skipped half of it.
Ok (unpopular opinion) but I think people that ramble can often be less intelligent and less articulate as they don’t know how to communicate effectively. Not recognising that other people don’t want to listen to a 5 minute ramble for a simple question proves you don’t understand the conventions and rules of conversation and communication.
In Lucille’s case, it also is symptomatic of her being unsure about herself, she has to over validate everything she says and can’t deliver a firm conclusion with confidence. She’s terrified of offending anyone if they have a different perspective. In a nutshell, she’s a nervous people-pleaser but she’s 22 this month and needs to grow a stronger backbone towards life.

Reactions: 6
Shes starting to turn into one of those people who's bad sleep schedule is their entire personality

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel like I always have something nitpicky to bring here, yikes, but it bugs me when she goes on about missing Michael and how she hasn't seen him in so long. Granted, it has been longer than usual for her and I don't doubt it's been hard, but God, she doesn't realise how lucky she is to even be a few hours drive from him. I live in Scotland and my girlfriend of three years is from Spain and so I kind of just roll my eyes when she usually complains about how long it's been and how hard it is. It's all relative, sure, but I'd kill to have my girlfriend live 3/4 hours away lol

Why has she still not addressed the BLM movement and protests in her videos, or at least her description bar?? Come on, thats 2 uploads over 3 days now and she has stayed silent towards her youtube community. She deleted my comment when i asked her about it
My guess is that she doesn’t really understand what’s going on and doesn’t want people to “laugh at her” or “call her names”. She’s either intelligent and pretends not to be because she thinks it’s “cute” to be dim or she’s really ignorant. Either way I think it’s actually worrying that she, and other people like that, have a platform.

I feel like I always have something nitpicky to bring here, yikes, but it bugs me when she goes on about missing Michael and how she hasn't seen him in so long. Granted, it has been longer than usual for her and I don't doubt it's been hard, but God, she doesn't realise how lucky she is to even be a few hours drive from him. I live in Scotland and my girlfriend of three years is from Spain and so I kind of just roll my eyes when she usually complains about how long it's been and how hard it is. It's all relative, sure, but I'd kill to have my girlfriend live 3/4 hours away lol
See she can’t be that bothered about him, otherwise she would have caught a bus, or heaven forbid drove to see him, and have a social distancing date.

See she can’t be that bothered about him, otherwise she would have caught a bus, or heaven forbid drove to see him, and have a social distancing date.
I suppose because Nicola sturgeon said use your best judgement about how far is appropriate they might be waiting until it [lockdown] is eased even further as they do say if it’s far enough you need to use someone else’s toilet it’s best not to go. Maybe that’s why.

[/QUOTE]
I suppose because Nicola sturgeon said use your best judgement about how far is appropriate they might be waiting until it [lockdown] is eased even further as they do say if it’s far enough you need to use someone else’s toilet it’s best not to go. Maybe that’s why.
I think you're right. I have no clue of the situation in Scotland but in Ireland where I live we can only travel 5km from our home. It was only 2km at the beginning but now its 5km and on Monday we are heading into phase two it will be up to 20km we can travel. You're really not meant to travel unless for food or a essential journey. If I want to visit someone I can now they just have to be within the distance. At the start there was police checkpoints everywhere. If they stop you they ask what is the purpose of your journey and if its not essential say like food shopping, you're turned back. We're really not meant to travel far until the country is fully opened again. My bf and me are long distance. We're used to being apart so we can cope ok with being apart but this is still killing us, miss each other like crazy. We only live over an hour from each other. We see each other every few weeks. He is a bit over 80km from me. So far we are at 5km now on Monday it will be 20km. So bit by by bit we are getting closer to each other. It's hard, I want to be with him so much. It will be worth it in the end. That's why I can't travel cause we have to stay within the limit we can travel. Maybe its the same in Scotland. You can travel close to home. Its to help stop the spread keep people closer to home. Maybe that's why she isn't seeing him. I don't know, it's not a necessary journey even though we love them, we have to keep them safe and wait it out :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.