Lucie Donlan/Luke Mabbott (Love Island)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. Itā€™s a clear micro aggression showing that someone elseā€™s culture doesnā€™t matter to you - especially if theyā€™ve REPEATEDLY corrected you. Yewande isnā€™t hard in the slightest to pronounce in the English language. It isnā€™t like Lucie is Japanese where the phonetics are different.

Same way I say an English person constantly mispronouncing Irish or Welsh or Gaelic names on purpose is rooted in xenophobia. Itā€™s not hard. Practice a couple of times, stop thinking that your language is the only language and your names are the only names that matter.
I understand what you mean but all cultures experience this from ignorant and thick English people being lazy

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I understand what you mean but all cultures experience this from ignorant and thick English people being lazy
Yep - thatā€™s the point. The laziness is fed by ignorance, and thatā€™s racism/xenophobia. Racism isnā€™t always ā€˜go back to your countryā€™, it manifests in lots of little and large actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Itā€™s SO obvious itā€™s microaggression when she literally called yewande a bully just for correcting her multiple times! I donā€™t like at all when people play it down, itā€™s a common stereotype to label black women for being aggressive or intimidating over the smallest of things. Microaggression is still racism, thereā€™s more to racism than calling someone racial slurs. We couldā€™ve given her a pass if she apologised but she didnā€™t lol, and she didnā€™t even take back her accusation.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Itā€™s not racism, but it is xenophobic and lazy. Your Irish name is a proud symbol of your heritage and people should respect that.

Sorry, highly disagree. If someone has corrected you over and over, and you respond ā€˜whateverā€™ that is dismissive and a micro aggression. Youā€™ve basically said that you donā€™t care to bother to pronounce their name because itā€™s different to your culture and it matters less.

Irish, Nigerian, Polish, whatever. People should 100% make the effort to appreciate and accept differences and her name is too easy to pronounce to claim itā€™s a minor mistake - itā€™s not as if itā€™s using letters not used in the English language šŸ™„

And actually, she did put it to bed, with that eloquent response. She was entitled to defend herself from being called a ā€˜bullyā€™. Donā€™t forget this all stems from Lucie who was like I donā€™t have girl friends cause theyā€™re drama and yet went to try and cause drama with Tommy herself.
Lucie has no female friends for a reason

Reactions: 15
Lucy is the kind of girl to text you all the time, tell you your her best friend, post pictures of how much you mean to her and then suck off your boyfriend behind your back. Iā€™ve met many a girl like her and the ā€˜Iā€™ve more boy mates then girl matesā€™ is always the red flag

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
ofc sheā€™s deleting her comments. Doesnā€™t address the bullying thing and pretends it never happened. Typical

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m no fan of Lucie, but Yewande and all her sheep need to go get a life. This all happened 2 years ago and here they are now all ganging up and joining the bandwagon in an attempt to remain relevant. I think Anna and amber came across really poorly on the show, very aggressive and patronising. I agree that Lucie was wrong here but really bore off now at this stage!

Reactions: 12
Iā€™m no fan of Lucie, but Yewande and all her sheep need to go get a life. This all happened 2 years ago and here they are now all ganging up and joining the bandwagon in an attempt to remain relevant. I think Anna and amber came across really poorly on the show, very aggressive and patronising. I agree that Lucie was wrong here but really bore off now at this stage!
Lucie was the one who brought this up again by calling Yewande a bully? She has the right to defend herself. Good on the other girls for doing the right thing and backing up Yewande's experience with this racist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
no one is ganging up on anyone, she chose to bring it up after years by replying to someone's comment saying she bullied her. she didnt have to say that because it was unwarranted. she deserves to be called out and Yewande has a right to defend herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Rude. Yewande had every right to stand up for herself. Donā€™t be so dismissive of someone standing up for racism.

Reactions: 20
Lucie was the one who brought this up again by calling Yewande a bully? She has the right to defend herself. Good on the other girls for doing the right thing and backing up Yewande's experience with this racist.
Spot on. We actually have to thank Lucie for replying to that comment on Instagram otherwise Yewande would probably never have mentioned or brought the name situation to light nearly 2 years later. Iā€™m glad Yewande spoke up about it and it backfired on Lucie. What a shame for her, not!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Lucie bought it up and wanted to play the victim.... but it backfired, the way she did Demi was awful & how she tried to ruin molly maes relationship after love island... Shows us what kind of person she is but then she acts really šŸ˜‡ wolf in sheep clothing!!!

Reactions: 15
I am not a fan of Yewande and definitely not a fan of Lucie. But if Lucie hadnā€™t played the ā€˜bullyā€™ card so flippantly replying to a comment NONE of this would have been brought up. Serves her right.
Maybe sheā€™ll think twice before she flippantly calls someone a bully again. You donā€™t throw that word around. She seriously needs to grow up

Reactions: 21
We can talk about what we want you donā€™t get to police the thread lol? God knows how agreeing on racism is being a sheep...

Reactions: 5
We can talk about what we want you donā€™t get to police the thread lol? God knows how agreeing on racism is being a sheep...
Says you now policing the thread....šŸ˜‚ like I said I agree Lucie was wrong. I think (yes I, my own opinion) that she has come back saying racism is her reason for ā€œbullyingā€ her. I think the other girls are using this as a way of getting a dig at Lucie (there obviously is no love lost there) as opposed to being about standing up against racism.

Says you now policing the thread....šŸ˜‚ like I said I agree Lucie was wrong. I think (yes I, my own opinion) that she has come back saying racism is her reason for ā€œbullyingā€ her. I think the other girls are using this as a way of getting a dig at Lucie (there obviously is no love lost there) as opposed to being about standing up against racism.
Itā€™s called standing up for your friend?

Reactions: 7
Lucie bought it up and wanted to play the victim.... but it backfired, the way she did Demi was awful & how she tried to ruin molly maes relationship after love island... Shows us what kind of person she is but then she acts really šŸ˜‡ wolf in sheep clothing!!!
Molly's relationship AFTER love island?? What happened?

Reactions: 6