Lucie and the bump

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This post is pretty tit. I'm suffering from post natal depression myself. Yet noone on my instgram would dare know as my big fake smile hides it incredibly well. I really don't think she would and could make something up like that.

please think about this stuff before writing it
I had postnatal anxiety and depression and looking back at my social media no one would have known either.

I hope you start to recover soon. Hold on x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This post is pretty tit. I'm suffering from post natal depression myself. Yet noone on my instgram would dare know as my big fake smile hides it incredibly well. I really don't think she would and could make something up like that.

please think about this stuff before writing it
I’m not dismissing anyone that has it & if she has it then she’s very good at hiding it. But she’s chosen to let her many followers know that she’s struggling then days later posting ads about jeeps, posing with an expensive handbag & boasting about private health care. I’m not saying she should only post her worst days but I’m sure people also suffering could really be triggered.
This lockdown is really getting to me & Instagram is pissing me off so I’m sorry if I caused any offence I should have probably worded it differently

Reactions: 4
She’s a brand.
She’s appealing to/targeting new mums, mums dealing with the hardest year of their mothering lives, mums dealing with post natal issues, mums of kids with additional needs.
That’s “lucieandthebumps” niche. Her market.

She’s not sharing her needs with her friends and family that can help her. She’s advertising to thousands and getting paid to do so.

For every despairing mother, every desperate wife every woman suffering from mental health issues Lucie is just trying to sell them items, things, unnecessary stuff that will not make them feel better but will pay for Lucies private health care, £1000 handbags and Scott’s designer Depop tit.

Reactions: 9
Not to be the mum police buuutttt babies under 6 months are supposed to sleep in the same room as their parents day and night. It helps them regulate their breathing, and protects against SIDS.

Now, my baby has just turned 6 months and I've certainly let her nap in her own room and used a monitor BUT I am not a "professional" being paid to advertise a product being used against guidelines.

Maybe I'm overthinking? It doesn't seem responsible of the company, or the "influencer" to encourage using a monitor with babies under 6 months.

Reactions: 8
Call me old school ....as a mum of 5 I used a baby monitor but you know what I physically checked on my babies and no way did my babies sleep alone before they were 9 months.

Reactions: 2
Call me cynical but I don’t believe the anxiety bullshit. She needed to up her engagement levels before she spammed everyone with her crappy ads she had coming up.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I find it really tone deaf that she’s showing off about her support bubble. I would love to see my sisters :cry:

Supper bubbles aren’t for roast dinners 😡😡
If you’re in a support bubble you are essentially one household. You can spend as much time together as you like doing whatever you like. As I said above - I think she’s an insensitive fool for bragging about it but it’s not breaking any rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Supper bubbles aren’t for roast dinners 😡😡
Um, yes they are? That is exactly what they're for. She has a child under a year old, has formed a support bubble with her sister's family, so yes they are allowed to have a roast together. What should they be doing? The idea is that mums with new babies have some kind of support outside of the home, whether that's company whilst you're having a roast or someone to watch the baby when you pop to the local shop. Honestly this judgement from people that don't read the bleeping rules is seriously irritating. Check the gov website and if you have an issue, take it up with the government. JFC.

• Heart
Whoa chill your tits!!!!
Nope. I won't. Sick of people jumping down everyone else's throat and not 'chilling their tits' when they think someone is breaking the rules but they're actually not. Like just read the website and check before you judge, really not that difficult. :D

• Heart
Why are you so angry about different ways people can bend rules when you should be angry that we are still in this situation nearly a year later!!!

Lucy does not need a roast. She has a husband at home who can watch her baby and a boy who can watch Netflix while she makes her own bloody roast. If her husband was at work and she needed to go pick up a perscription then YES use your support bubble!!! But for a stupid Sunday night meal NO not needed. Allowed yes but so was going abroad on holiday last year and look how that spread it around

ps and before you say it,yes I do have a child under the age of 1 in my house and I’m not using my support bubble for meals

Reactions: 6
Why are you so angry about different ways people can bend rules when you should be angry that we are still in this situation nearly a year later!!!

Lucy does not need a roast. She has a husband at home who can watch her baby and a boy who can watch Netflix while she makes her own bloody roast. If her husband was at work and she needed to go pick up a perscription then YES use your support bubble!!! But for a stupid Sunday night meal NO not needed. Allowed yes but so was going abroad on holiday last year and look how that spread it around

ps and before you say it,yes I do have a child under the age of 1 in my house and I’m not using my support bubble for meals
Good for you, lol. 👏🙌

Lucie having her sister around for a roast is not the reason we're still in this situation a year later. The reason we're still in this situation a year later is down to late closure of schools, slow to implement lockdowns, not adequately paying people to be able to stay at home so they need to leave the house for work, lack of funding for the NHS to be able to cope in a pandemic, failure to implement clear rules, etc. etc. Honestly, I could go on...

• Heart
I don’t want to fight, I’m so tired!!!! I just want this all to be over. Sorry if Ive offended you guys, I’m just so done with the whole thing

Reactions: 2

don’t be bitter with Lucie then for choosing to use her support bubble.

Reactions: 3
I don’t want to fight, I’m so tired!!!! I just want this all to be over. Sorry if Ive offended you guys, I’m just so done with the whole thing
Sorry I was rude, but honestly, the judging I see everywhere is exhausting. I want this all to be over too and have noticed that Lucie was pretty relaxed about everything over the summer which was annoying, but due to her mental health, I couldn't begrudge her the support of her sister right now. I think it's a sad (and dangerous) situation when we're blaming each other for the state we're currently in when actually, a lot of that is down to the government who are doing everything they can to distance themselves from any blame.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry I was rude, but honestly, the judging I see everywhere is exhausting. I want this all to be over too and have noticed that Lucie was pretty relaxed about everything over the summer which was annoying, but due to her mental health, I couldn't begrudge her the support of her sister right now. I think it's a sad (and dangerous) situation when we're blaming each other for the state we're currently in when actually, a lot of that is down to the government who are doing everything they can to distance themselves from any blame.
you talk so much sense and your right

Reactions: 1
I find it really tone deaf that she’s showing off about her support bubble. I would love to see my sisters :cry:

If you’re in a support bubble you are essentially one household. You can spend as much time together as you like doing whatever you like. As I said above - I think she’s an insensitive fool for bragging about it but it’s not breaking any rules.
Absolutely agree. This desperate need to post every slightist thing that happens makes her come across as braggy. She hasn't technically broken a rule but again she should think about her audience who can't see family. Some who haven't seen family for months. Enjoy your lunch, enjoy time with your sister but realise that the vast majority of her audience don't have this option and posting about it tactless.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.