Love Island UK 2021 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love people who speak their mind but Faye (or the editing?) just makes her look awful. Especially when her and Sharon laid into Hugo about being fake.

Wonder who will go to bed with Teddy 🧸

Reactions: 8
Jake gives me Cosmo Smallpiece vibes, smacking his lips and shouting, "knickers, knackers, knockers!"

tenor (11).gif

Totally gives me the ick. No fanny flutters here.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I’d love someone to steal to lot at the end 🙊🙈
I have the feeling chloe could be the one, would love to see it (not because I like her, but just because it would be entertaining). I think now it shouldn't bother to call itself a dating show, it's just a bunch of 20 somethings who want to go on to be influencers and raise their profiles, people get hurt because part of the game is to try and stay in a couple essentially; and that means making someone believe you like them whilst actually just thinking of yourself. I think it used to be an interesting premise when you actually saw people give dating a go, but now its just outgrown the format imo. Unless they switch something up I do wonder whether this is it's final year and any further series' will just limp on for the sake of squeezing every last penny out of it.

Reactions: 9
I have the feeling chloe could be the one, would love to see it (not because I like her, but just because it would be entertaining). I think now it shouldn't bother to call itself a dating show, it's just a bunch of 20 somethings who want to go on to be influencers and raise their profiles, people get hurt because part of the game is to try and stay in a couple essentially; and that means making someone believe you like them whilst actually just thinking of yourself. I think it used to be an interesting premise when you actually saw people give dating a go, but now its just outgrown the format imo. Unless they switch something up I do wonder whether this is it's final year and any further series' will just limp on for the sake of squeezing every last penny out of it.
Yeah it literally said it all that Liam said in 5 years he wants to have a girlfriend, he isn’t interested in that now so whys he on the show

Reactions: 11
Generally 21 year old lads that enter a reality tv show are gonna wanna date around. There is always exceptions to the rule but at 21 I don't think settling down is on 90 percent of guys minds. Especially the guys that spend hours in the gym and weekends with the lads. And I don't think that's necessarily wrong. Girls spend hours in the gym too or with there friends

See I think he has hidden depths - his vocabulary for one - he had to explain ‘intriguing’ to Chloe 🙈 and then he asked Kaz if she had anything to ‘disclose’?

in RL that wouldn’t be such a big deal but in THERE it’s like ‘Hellloooo Shakespeare ;)
Love this!! 😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
Faye kept shouting 'nosey!' at Chloe cos she's erm, beakily blessed shall we say 😂 no hate I can relate. But Faye definitely knew what she was doing there 😂

Hopefully Liberty is in it for the money, no one falls for Jake's non-existent charms, they sail to the winning spot and she turns round and swipes the life cos she'll have earned every penny! She is the likeable one.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It does need a shake up but its the people they are picking which is the issue imo. People with a small SM following already are going to be looking to raise profile.

We need unknowns with great personalities. Theyre all so bland!

Reactions: 5
And I don't reckon Chloe literally meant she didn't know the meaning of intriguing, she was trying to flirt and wanted to know what it meant in terms of them. I was cringing so bad at Toby explaining it especially cos he looked thoroughly unimpressed

Faye kept shouting 'nosey!' at Chloe cos she's erm, beakily blessed shall we say 😂 no hate I can relate. But Faye definitely knew what she was doing there 😂
God I hate Faye, that is so so childish, imagine the shoe on the other foot!? She'd have lost her mind!! I don't care if she rescues dogs, she's a terrible person!!

Reactions: 7
I so want one of them to shout at Faye that they've had enough of her lip. I would gag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Do you guys think she knew they were kissing?
I’d say she probably had a suspicion but I never understood that about the show - like even when 2 people go off to the terrace or something and someone says “oh they’re going up there now”..how do you know that? Unless they told you, which they probably didn’t, how do you know these things are happening?

Also we know from dates beside the pool that anyone who’s on the terrace has to reach to look over the edge so if there’s people on the terrace sitting down kissing, how can you possibly see them or know what’s going on? You can’t 🤷🏼‍♀️

Aaron will be worming his way back in with Sharon pretty soon. Yeah he was gone off her before the new girls came in but he only actually pulled her aside and firmly told her he wanted out when Lucinda showed him a bit of interest. He thought he was in there, his head was spinning from the compliments she gave him. But it’s clear since yesterday that Lucinda is leaning towards Brad and now Aaron knows his days are numbered. He was looking fairly cosy last night with Sharon, just the two of them chatting when Kaz approached.

Reactions: 6
Thread title suggestion
Love Island UK 2021 #6 Faye gets lippy, will Teddy get a tumble?

duck me just been catching up on love island and here and idk what's more entertaining, the show or sydneymaes ranting 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just saw on twitter someone saying Faye is “this years Maura”. Can’t believe they’ve done Maura dirty like that.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
When I was younger, Faye is the kind of girl that would intimidate me. She's so loud and seems so self assured, 'tells it like it is'. She's the kind of girl who gets everyone else to hate you.
But now I'm older I feel a bit sorry for her. She's obviously wildly insecure. Even when Liam kissed her she made a sarcastic comment, she can't handle being intimate/vulnerable with someone. She's so defensive, over reacting to every situation. She doesn't have a nice word to say about anyone and comes across as unlikable but I'm sure underneath there's a lovely girl. It's all a bit sad.

I agree that Chloe is playing a game. We all know the producers tell them to go for chats and orchestrate the drama, so I have no doubt they encouraged her to go after Toby. I don't think she's even that into him, her head will turn as soon as someone better comes in. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's the whole point of the show! It is a game!

Kaz is behaving like a toddler who had her toy taken away. She's a fool for trying to hold onto a relationship when it was obvious he just wasn't that into her.

Toby is a baby. He has no idea how to handle either Kaz or Chloe.

The girls should be ashamed of themselves for leaving Hugo out. It was horrible to see. They don't know what they're missing, he's the best guy in there!

Reactions: 19
When I was younger, Faye is the kind of girl that would intimidate me. She's so loud and seems so self assured, 'tells it like it is'. She's the kind of girl who gets everyone else to hate you.
But now I'm older I feel a bit sorry for her. She's obviously wildly insecure. Even when Liam kissed her she made a sarcastic comment, she can't handle being intimate/vulnerable with someone. She's so defensive, over reacting to every situation. She doesn't have a nice word to say about anyone and comes across as unlikable but I'm sure underneath there's a lovely girl. It's all a bit sad.
Exactly this. I do wonder if she’ll redeem herself and have a narrative arc where she shows her vulnerability but after last night’s performance I’m not too optimistic about that. But totally agree with you about her abrasive edges, she’s overcompensating and her attempts at seeming unbothered and relaxed when talking to Liam just come across defensive and like she can’t relax and be herself. Her appearance kind of also does that too — it’s a mask, it’s not subtle enhancing, it’s like a shield. I feel sorry for her!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.