Love Island 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with other comments about wanting more normal, down to earth people with regular jobs, hardly any followers and hardly any work done on the show instead. I hate the whole “influencer” thing anyway gives me the ick so when every contestant is one it just ruins the show. It’s not how it was years ago. They’re all going on there wanting the fame and have zero personality.
I also think the last few years they’re just shown constant forced conversations between them all discussing couples and who they like the whole episodes, none of the fun stuff and banter, joking around between them all like there used to be, like there’s no fun in the episodes anymore it’s all “who you like then, I might stick it on her blah blah blah”
One of the issues too is (normal) people in this economy can’t afford to leave “normal jobs” just to go on LI cos it’s a massive risk, hence why they’re usually always influencers or self employed MUA/aestheticians/PTs/hairdressers etc.

Reactions: 24
They’re all usually either models, have a social media following or come from wealthy families

Reactions: 8
Wish we could have 25 +, more normal ish people.

But I guess when you get to that age, you can't just throw your life away for an influencer life that may not happen.

I wonder what could be the middle ground?

Reactions: 17
Wish we could have 25 +, more normal ish people.

But I guess when you get to that age, you can't just throw your life away for an influencer life that may not happen.

I wonder what could be the middle ground?
Paying them properly? I think they get about £200 a week expenses to cover their bills at home while they're on the show, so they don't really get an actual fee for going on. If the show paid well, more normal people with normal jobs could afford to go on. They just seem to want influencers who are clones of previous contestants though, I don't get it. I'm sure there are loads of attractive people who aren't influencers/nepo babies who would love to go on.

Reactions: 16
I’ve seen on TikTok there’s rumours of Kyra Mae the TikTok ‘solo’ travel agent going in LI this year… would fit with her coming back so quickly from her travelling!

Reactions: 4
Ooh they’re releasing them now and a lot of them look normal from their instagrams. Yeah they are glam but a lot of young people are now

Reactions: 1
Ooh they’re releasing them now and a lot of them look normal from their instagrams. Yeah they are glam but a lot of young people are now
Once again dying at how the girls wear heels/wedges for the photos and the fellas are just barefoot 😭
---
Hahahah never forget😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Another lot of clones. I really don't think I can watch any more of this 😂

Reactions: 7
Mimmi is stunning. Most of the other girls look very similar to each other. It's all the same hair and makeup. I get that conventionally attractive 20 somethings is love island's thing, but they could still be more diverse within that and have people with bright hair colours, piercings, unique style etc just to add some variety.

I'll still watch every night though 😆

Reactions: 22
Mimmi is stunning. Most of the other girls look very similar to each other. It's all the same hair and makeup. I get that conventionally attractive 20 somethings is love island's thing, but they could still be more diverse within that and have people with bright hair colours, piercings, unique style etc just to add some variety.

I'll still watch every night though 😆
What about a goth version of love island. Now that I’d watch

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is anyone watching I Kissed a Girl? It really stood out to me how much more natural looking a lot of them are.
It's a shame Love Island go for the same types every time.

Reactions: 8
Those photographer shots are so unflattering once again 🤣
None of the men are doing it for me !
Mimii defo most attractive girl IMO

Reactions: 10
I love the “do better” as if LI would have any idea or awareness of an alleged incident of a non-famous person from a drunken night out lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.