Love Island 2022 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
did you guys see the first look? wanst gemma encouraging ekin-su and backing her? and now she’s saying this and agreeing with amber…imo if ekin-su is playing a game she would’ve stuck with davide cause that makes her look good, what she did with jay does not make her look good at all so i don’t think she’s playing a game. does that make sense? 😅 cause surely if she’s playing a game she’d want to look good?? besides i don’t believe amber likes dami at all, if anyone is playing a game between them i’d say it’s amber. ekin su was right with what she said to her in the first look

Reactions: 8
I’ve never seen anyone defend a contestant so much!
He acted like a total dick at the recoupling - clear for 99.9% of viewers to see.
People defended Davide much more last week and he was much worse.
i like luca and liked that he was faithful but polite. What else did people want?!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
He’s 23, not 15. Out of interest, at what age would you start holding a man to account for his actions? 25? 30? 50? I don’t mean to be rude but there are so many people who give men a free pass to behave badly but women are held to vastly differing standards. Which is shown in the fact that Danica is 21, yet you consider her behaviour and intent to be more concerning than Luca’s?

Tasha is in a safe couple. So we’ve not really seen any other side to her. It’s so interesting because from his intro, I thought Andrew would be a nightmare but he is definitely one of the more level headed contestants.
Danica was out right arrogant and made it clear she’s in to cause trouble. I don’t get why go in with that attitude. Makes her unliked by the girls and the public. The boys will like her at first but then go off her quick.

Reactions: 2
did you guys see the first look? wanst gemma encouraging ekin-su and backing her? and now she’s saying this and agreeing with amber…imo if ekin-su is playing a game she would’ve stuck with davide cause that makes her look good, what she did with jay does not make her look good at all so i don’t think she’s playing a game. does that make sense? 😅 cause surely if she’s playing a game she’d want to look good?? besides i don’t believe amber likes dami at all, if anyone is playing a game between them i’d say it’s amber. ekin su was right with what she said to her in the first look
not saying ekin su was right with what she did btw, she shouldn’t have lied obviously. but when i think of playing a game i think of them trying to look good and win. what she did does not make her look good and will not help her win

Reactions: 3
People defended Davide much more last week and he was much worse.
i like luca and liked that he was faithful but polite. What else did people want?!
I think we might be watching different shows.

He was anything but polite to Danica during the recoupling.
It’s happened in previous years but no one has ever been that dramatic about someone picking someone in a couple.
Or at least not two weeks in.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Danica was out right arrogant and made it clear she’s in to cause trouble. I don’t get why go in with that attitude. Makes her unliked by the girls and the public. The boys will like her at first but then go off her quick.
She’s certainly far less arrogant than Davide. I think you’d have to be super confident to even go into a situation where cameras are filming every possible angle of your body in a bikini for up to 8 weeks. This year, the producers are clearly trying to send in bombshells, both male and female, who actually have the courage of their convictions. That can only be a good thing.

Reactions: 9
wanst gemma encouraging ekin-su and backing her?
She supported her going with Jay as it was clear Davide wasn’t interested. She lost her with the lying though. She didn’t fall out with Ekin over it but did say she should have told him when they were chatting in the bathroom. As for the first look, I think Gemma is backing Amber because all the other girls clearly feel ekin is playing a game so she’s not letting Amber go down in flames alone.

Reactions: 8
Thank god everyone called out Ekin Su's bullshit. Also, Paige just watching Drew and Tasha 😂.
IMG_1955.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
He was understandably so. He made it known he’s happy with gemma. He sat far away when he introduced her to the boys. She’s been told choose him to keep it interesting. Producers wanted to see if gemma would kick off. Gemma clearly was gutted and annoyed but handled
It well.
First you say he wasn’t angry, now you’re saying he was and it was understandable. It most definitely isn’t and it can’t be justified. It’s yet another red flag to add to his ever growing bunting. Disappointment, feeling a bit down, frustration= ok dude. Anger= holy tit, man.

Reactions: 15
First you say he wasn’t angry, now you’re saying he was and it was understandable. It most definitely isn’t and it can’t be justified. It’s yet another red flag to add to his ever growing bunting. Disappointment, feeling a bit down, frustration= ok dude. Anger= holy tit, man.
Gemma will not put up with him behaving like this - she admonished him sharply for rolling his eyes at her when he had a tantrum because she got his name wrong. I’m not sure that I can see her sticking with him until the end.

Reactions: 10
I feel like everything Tasha has worn on the show makes her look like she’s stuck in a 90’s time warp.
On that note, can someone explain to me what is happening with their clothes this year? Apparently they don’t have a sponsored wardrobe because it’s not sustainable? So are they just wearing their own stuff?

Reactions: 4
On that note, can someone explain to me what is happening with their clothes this year? Apparently they don’t have a sponsored wardrobe because it’s not sustainable? So are they just wearing their own stuff?
The impression I got was that eBay are sponsoring but that there’s only 1 set of sizes/clothes, compared to when they got a weekly PLT package for different people so they’re probably sticking to their own clothes

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A lot of people have said this already I’m sure and there’s lots of people defending this with the stance that Michael Owen isn’t that famous.

However, the problem with Luca is that it is so transparent he’s studied the LI manual on how to be a ‘winner’ and also is clearly on the show to boost his profile. Yes Michael Owen isn’t everyone idea of a big celebrity BUT Gemma was the only contestant with a high level of exposure BEFORE entering the villa - because of her dad. There were 100s of articles about it and memes about it and Luca knows that by coupling up with Gemma he’s more like to have that level of exposure than with a ‘nobody.’

Also does anyone remember how in the first couple of episodes he said something alone of the lines of ‘good lucking getting anything out of her the whole time we’re here’ or something along those lines; implying Gemma was unlikely to put out. Then suddenly a day or 2 later there was a dramatic shift and he’s in love with her, and I for one think it’s 100% because he found out her dad is rich and famous.

Asides from all this he’s petulant and rude. He thinks he’s hilarious and a proper cheeky lad about town basically trying to emulate the Jack Fincham or Nathan from season 2 persona. It’s boring and calculated and I hope he’s voted bottom 3 so that we can see how he reacts and rethinks his strategy.
Was it Luca that asked Gemma what her surname was in like the first episode? He was definitely in the conversation when she said her name was Gemma Owen and then she started saying his surname was tit. Luca doesn’t strike me as the brightest spark but there was a lot of rumours in the press about Michael owens daughter going in and then he just happens to find out her name is Gemma Owen and it doesn’t take much to put 2 and 2 together.

I think he likes Gemma, just not as much as he is pretending to. I think he really wants to win and knows what looks good to the public and I also think that he knows if he sticks with Gemma even if they don’t win, there will be quite a lot of attention on her as the child of a celebrity and therefore more attention on him. Beats selling fish for a living I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Annoyed yeah but I’d class angry as Davide last week. Luca wasn’t like that. He was quietly annoyed.

Was it Luca that asked Gemma what her surname was in like the first episode? He was definitely in the conversation when she said her name was Gemma Owen and then she started saying his surname was tit. Luca doesn’t strike me as the brightest spark but there was a lot of rumours in the press about Michael owens daughter going in and then he just happens to find out her name is Gemma Owen and it doesn’t take much to put 2 and 2 together.

I think he likes Gemma, just not as much as he is pretending to. I think he really wants to win and knows what looks good to the public and I also think that he knows if he sticks with Gemma even if they don’t win, there will be quite a lot of attention on her as the child of a celebrity and therefore more attention on him. Beats selling fish for a living I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️
It was liam that asked her surname. She did kind of look a bit like yeah are you going to say something. But it’s a common surname so no one mentioned anything and moved on. She hasn’t mentioned it And seems quite happy not to.

Annoyed yeah but I’d class angry as Davide last week. Luca wasn’t like that. He was quietly annoyed.

It was liam that asked her surname. She did kind of look a bit like yeah are you going to say something. But it’s a common surname so no one mentioned anything and moved on. She hasn’t mentioned it And seems quite happy not to.
He in his own words described himself as having been angry.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.