Love Island 2022 #59 ❤️🏝

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Luca’s jealous controlling behaviour to Gemma - reactions at movie night was awful, nastiness to Danica, bitching about Ekin su & meddling was far worse in addition to bullying Tasha but it is all forgotten about as he’s done OTT proposal pr stunt. Just pointing out they’re all the same, non of them done anything to deserve loads of money for just being on a reality TV show. But Dami is obviously getting more hate & less popular online in general ( not just here ) as he’s the only black male finalist. Same cancel energy hasn’t been kept up for the others in general & racial prejudice has a lot to do with it.
Just because someone has less followers doesn’t mean it’s to do with race, you are pretty much reaching there.

Jacques and Luca have had way more hate online than Dami it’s just that out of the villa Dami posts the most and is extremely annoying

Reactions: 1
Just because someone has less followers doesn’t mean it’s to do with race, you are pretty much reaching there.

Jacques and Luca have had way more hate online than Dami it’s just that out of the villa Dami posts the most and is extremely annoying
Being naïve, having less followers has a lot to do with race - Indiyah still hasn’t got 1 million followers despite her popularity. Yet in public votes on final, they were very close in votes to Luca ( 1.5M) & Gemma (2.1M). They are all annoying post show, British media have given Jacques & Luca a free past & both are everywhere being interviewed. No long term repercussions for their bad behaviour that’s still demanded for Dami.

Reactions: 23
Again nonsense, Indiyah’s username was shadow banned when she was on the show and she fixed it when she came out and her followers are now almost at 1 million.

I can’t believe you are trying to claim when people have less followers it’s due to racism

Reactions: 7
Ekin was asked about Davide cheating and the whole taxi gate thing during an interview earlier. This was her response…

Reactions: 9
Every islander said that Gemma was into Luca as much as he was into her and that they produced them that way for some reason (might be because they spoke to eachother when producers told them not to, which is effin ridiculous), yet people are still going about Luca being an obsessed creep. Can't believe the producers are allowed to interfere that much that they actually get to decide who can talk to whom. How stupid is that!? It's "LOVE" Island, not some competition for producers. LI needs to get new, better producers asap! They are ruining the show.

Being naïve, having less followers has a lot to do with race - Indiyah still hasn’t got 1 million followers despite her popularity. Yet in public votes on final, they were very close in votes to Luca ( 1.5M) & Gemma (2.1M). They are all annoying post show, British media have given Jacques & Luca a free past & both are everywhere being interviewed. No long term repercussions for their bad behaviour that’s still demanded for Dami.
You're just proving yourself wrong. If they got 1.5 M votes then they should have that many followers. Who's to blame if they don't? Is someone stopping the ppl who voted for them to follow them on social media? Lolz, don't be ridiculous.

And don't forget only ppl from UK could vote... meaning they should have even more followers than votes. No one is stopping anyone to follow who ever they want on Instagram etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I can’t believe you are trying to claim when people have less followers it’s due to racism
Don’t know what bubble you’ve been living in but it’s pretty well known fact of life that a black person or a person of colour is likely to be less successful or less popular than their white counterparts. This goes beyond social media. It’s sad but saying it’s “a reach” is just ignorant tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Antigoni’s Spotify numbers are horrific considering how much she’s been shoving her music down everyone’s throats. Samira from S4 only has one song out and she still has 5 times the amount of monthly listeners than Antigoni.
Sorry as if she is asking for contributions on her Spotify page is that a joke 😂

from the girl whose dad funds her whole life, pool & sauna in the garden & just got back from a family of 6 weeks I’m dead!

she is the most entitled thing to come out of love island in a while! 😳

Reactions: 8
As someone who is black I never expect black islanders to gain lots of followers.

People follow people they can relate to and find familiar in their already insular lense. They also follow people who they aspire to be, its harder for a non black person to see themselves in Dami than someone like Luca.

It also ties into the societal ideals and its still a white man's world. People don't aspire to be like black people, they do aspire to appropriate it for their own gain though.

Sorry about the long explanation, but this is the third time someone this week has asked me in person or online about race and social media. I guess in real life its because I use to work in social media and knew the game.

It wasn't suppose to start an argument, just to highlight some things some may not be aware of.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
As someone who is black I never expect black islanders to gain lots of followers.

People follow people they can relate to and find familiar in their already insular lense. They also follow people who they aspire to be, its harder for a non black person to see themselves in Dami than someone like Luca.

It also ties into the societal ideals and its still a white man's world. People don't aspire to be like black people, they do aspire to appropriate it for their own gain though.

Sorry about the long explanation, but this is the third time someone this week has asked me in person or online about race and social media. I guess in real life its because I use to work in social media and knew the game.

It wasn't suppose to start an argument, just to highlight some things some may not be aware of.
This is amazing thank you so much. My only issue here is the word "sorry"😄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don’t know what bubble you’ve been living in but it’s pretty well known fact of life that a black person or a person of colour is likely to be less successful or less popular than their white counterparts. This goes beyond social media. It’s sad but saying it’s “a reach” is just ignorant tbh.
You have absolutely zero evidence that Dami and Indiyah are not as popular on social media because they are black. As I noted Indiyah was shadow banned and had to change her username and her followers increased massively since she resolved this issue.

It’s not ignorant as you have no substantive proof that they have less followers on social media because they are black it is in fact an assumption. Indiyah was consistently popular in the season and they both beat out two white couples who had loads of
screen time towards the final so to say their skin colour hindered their popularity is in my opinion reaching.

I also watched 25,000 people just scream and cheer on a black woman and pour all their emotion into her winning a tennis match last night yet which was amazing to witness, yet we take ten steps backwards with people accusing others of being racist when there is no proof of it, Indiyah was evidently very popular she just got stuck with a narcissistic prick boyfriend who wasn’t that liked after he kissed other girls in Casa.

I tried getting the girl to do my hair. And now she's fully booked 😭😭😭

The Indiyah effect
my friend and i were talking about it this today, must be really good for her hairstylist, the amount of black women who must be going to her now, she’s definitely booked and busy

If Irish media didn’t interview Dami, they would be accused of being racist as he’s the only Irish finialist this year on the biggest show on TV, especially the only Irish podcast dedicated to love island. Option simply not to listen to this episode, they only make money on downloads.

All of the islanders are fame hungry & did questionable behaviour at times. Weird & telling that Dami (763K) is still getting much more hate than any of other guys who’s behaviour was far worse like Luca (1.5M) & Jacques (1.3M -WTF why so many fans). He already has far least followers despite finishing close 3rd place & most enduring online hate. Dami hasn’t really done anything to be still called disgusting - only messed up on TV & apologised for it, Indiyah is happy loved up with him, Tasha’s friends with him, their own choice & know the real him.
( Indiyah kissed Deji & brought him back as well ). Dami’s just trying to establish himself as an influencer just like all the other Islanders & make the most of his post show opportunities. Islanders hang out with each other to increase engagement. He has his old career as a microbiologist to fall back on once everything dries up so not unemployable or stupid as implied.

He’s actually the only guy coming across as naturally himself & enjoying it on social media. He has the height & interest in Instagram photo styling to go down the high fashion route path that Jordan Hames ( S5 - 771K) has done well doing so eventually - just in Venice for Armani, another guy hated by many fans after his season ended but clearly not a bad guy. Dami’s not dumb & will obviously work hard to make the most of this time. Even him doing Cameo messages (£5) shows he’s got graft, having fun with it & sense not to overcharge. Fans here still trying to cancel Dami is pointless & not going to work.

Where the same negative energy for Luca & Jacques’ crappy behaviour when they’re both gaining far more financially & now media love fest on them both?? Jacques using Mental Health as an PR excuse. Luca doing the standard PR spin route of saying he got a bad TV edit ( despite still said what he said & actions in 4K) & his OTT Proposal content as distraction but fans mostly all falling for it.
I agree with you on Luca and Jacques, I think there is still a lot of derision and dislike of Luca, jacques and Dami on this thread, I haven’t seen Dami be singled out over the the other 2, there has been some backlash toward ES and Davide and that has been more noticeably obvious on this thread than the Dami hate, to me at least. Out of the 3 of them, Dami is nowhere near as bad as Luca or Jacques.

Indiyah did bring Deji back but she never disrespected Dami the way he did her, she wasn’t making out with him in bed and slobbering all over him all the time in the villa. Dami was all over Summer and coming out with his one liners about summer not being over until he saw Indiyah and then changed his tune. Can completely understand why he chose Indiyah, the girl is lovely and drop dead gorgeous, still think he is punching and still think he can’t be trusted at all.

Reactions: 2
I saw a video on tik tok today about “the real reason” Jacques left LI was because he was kicked out? He was mocking Tasha’s deafness ??
Has this been mentioned on here?

Reactions: 4
I agree with you on Luca and Jacques, I think there is still a lot of derision and dislike of Luca, jacques and Dami on this thread, I haven’t seen Dami be singled out over the the other 2, there has been some backlash toward ES and Davide and that has been more noticeably obvious on this thread than the Dami hate, to me at least. Out of the 3 of them, Dami is nowhere near as bad as Luca or Jacques.

Indiyah did bring Deji back but she never disrespected Dami the way he did her, she wasn’t making out with him in bed and slobbering all over him all the time in the villa. Dami was all over Summer and coming out with his one liners about summer not being over until he saw Indiyah and then changed his tune. Can completely understand why he chose Indiyah, the girl is lovely and drop dead gorgeous, still think he is punching and still think he can’t be trusted at all.
tbf he agreed he was punching lol, jaques is the worst of the bunch and still has over a mill followers, not shocked tho. dami and luca did the same thing when it came to tasha, but cause of lucas fanbase he was never once in the bottom compared to dami who was there like three times. luca of jacques are the most loved out of all them, since certain people love men like them, the love for jacques confuses me the most

Reactions: 4
I don’t know why but I always think that Luca would much rather be partying and living the life Dami/Jacques/Andrew are than being in stables in Cheshire with Gemma. He just looks so out of place and uncomfortable there.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.