Love Island 2022 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else think this show is fixed for Gemma to win. 100% she has a deal with producers to only show certain stuff etc
If she (and Luca) win, I’ll be so annoyed. She’s boring AF and he’s a wee interfering dick with daft teeth.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I don't approve of the boys behaviour but i will give a pass to the following ones for certain reasons. For now...

Dami criticised Tasha because he sees that her behaviour is hurting his friend. That's par for the course on love island though, so he's wrong in that. He did try with Amber. He fancied Indiyah from the start but didn't try to jump ship and kept trying and trying until it was obvious neither of their relationships were going anywhere. He has been nice to Indiyah, and they do seem to have a spark, so for now, he's still in my good books.

Andrew either likes Tasha enough and was hoping to coast to the final. I can't criticise this really as it's a gameshow and nobody is going on there trying to lose. Longevity is the key, not necessarily winning even. And none of the girls that have come in have been remotely interested. Where I'm disappointed in him now is that he was such a wet wipe and didn't choose Antigoni or someone. It was wide open for him to do so. The producers put Jacques last for a reason (thinking there's a possibility he might have ended up with Ekin Su). And then I'm disappointed he's not reading between the lines with what Tasha has told him. She wants out, or wants a better story arch to get out of the bottom 3, and his response was to continue on as he has done. She's had the ick for ages, last night certainly didn't help.

Davide... I'm not excusing his behaviour or giving him a pass. That was humiliating for Danica. But he didn't actually tell her he liked her. He's so socially awkward all he does is talk about how handsome he is himself and how much the ladies love him. In his tiny brain, he thinks he had no need to actually pick Danica as kissing her once, awkwardly, with no lead up, was enough to make her day. It actually made me think of the most random kiss i had once. Funny story.

He only FEELS something (anger) for Ekin su because she made him look foolish. I was wondering who he reminded me of (personality wise) and i realised last night... Buzz Lightyear from Toy story 1. Completely deluded, sees himself as hero. Can do no wrong. He failed to see that Danica wasn't actually interested in him, she just wants to stay in and so was grafting and being flirtatious, but he was giving nothing back, just talking about himself. He thinks only of Davide, who settled for Antigoni, despite her being blonde, because he probably thinks she's prettier. There's no sense of right or wrong there. He didn't do it to be controversial or cause drama.

Danica has absolutely been screwed over by Luca, the producers and herself. I don't think her picking Luca is the same as Jay picking Paige because Luca told her not to pick him. She should have picked Jaques or Andrew. Drama without the sulking.

It was interesting that there was no vote last night. Something else must have happened the following night/day that the producers want us to see first.

Reactions: 15
Danica has absolutely been screwed over by Luca, the producers and herself. I don't think her picking Luca is the same as Jay picking Paige because Luca told her not to pick him. She should have picked Jaques or Andrew. Drama without the sulking.
I agree with a lot of what you say, and LOL at the BuzzLightyear thing, but I don’t agree with this above.

Luca didn’t tell her not to pick him as the producers didn’t give her time or a chance to actually talk to anyone.

She picked him based on what Gemma had said, where she was being “cool” and did not say they were exclusive, and based on the fact at face value she thinks he’s the most attractive.

As she pointed out the other day, she didn’t even get the chance to go on dates before she had to pick. The producers really fucked her over.

edit for spelling :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1368251wish LI would show the real!!! i know it’s not big brother but it is reality
I wonder if it’s because they were worried about Jacques being cancelled for racism.

I can’t remember another time where contestants have come out saying arguments they’ve been involved in weren’t shown. Usually that’s the tit the producers live for.

Edit to add: I’m not calling him a racist, he’s clearly just a little prick to everyone. I just wonder if that’s why the producers didn’t show it. Incase people do.

Reactions: 10
I don't approve of the boys behaviour but i will give a pass to the following ones for certain reasons. For now...

Dami criticised Tasha because he sees that her behaviour is hurting his friend. That's par for the course on love island though, so he's wrong in that. He did try with Amber. He fancied Indiyah from the start but didn't try to jump ship and kept trying and trying until it was obvious neither of their relationships were going anywhere. He has been nice to Indiyah, and they do seem to have a spark, so for now, he's still in my good books.

Andrew either likes Tasha enough and was hoping to coast to the final. I can't criticise this really as it's a gameshow and nobody is going on there trying to lose. Longevity is the key, not necessarily winning even. And none of the girls that have come in have been remotely interested. Where I'm disappointed in him now is that he was such a wet wipe and didn't choose Antigoni or someone. It was wide open for him to do so. The producers put Jacques last for a reason (thinking there's a possibility he might have ended up with Ekin Su). And then I'm disappointed he's not reading between the lines with what Tasha has told him. She wants out, or wants a better story arch to get out of the bottom 3, and his response was to continue on as he has done. She's had the ick for ages, last night certainly didn't help.

Davide... I'm not excusing his behaviour or giving him a pass. That was humiliating for Danica. But he didn't actually tell her he liked her. He's so socially awkward all he does is talk about how handsome he is himself and how much the ladies love him. In his tiny brain, he thinks he had no need to actually pick Danica as kissing her once, awkwardly, with no lead up, was enough to make her day. It actually made me think of the most random kiss i had once. Funny story.

He only FEELS something (anger) for Ekin su because she made him look foolish. I was wondering who he reminded me of (personality wise) and i realised last night... Buzz Lightyear from Toy story 1. Completely deluded, sees himself as hero. Can do no wrong. He failed to see that Danica wasn't actually interested in him, she just wants to stay in and so was grafting and being flirtatious, but he was giving nothing back, just talking about himself. He thinks only of Davide, who settled for Antigoni, despite her being blonde, because he probably thinks she's prettier. There's no sense of right or wrong there. He didn't do it to be controversial or cause drama.

It was interesting that there was no vote last night. Something else must have happened the following night/day that the producers want us to see first.
Danica can pick who she likes and is drawn to the most. I think it was a stupid pick but She did nothing wrong but then has been stuck in now the second couple with another bully with jacques. There is no golden rule that luca and Gemma are not allowed to be touched. It'll be so boring if they win. I want someone to pick Gemma and turn her head to see how well he'd take it

Reactions: 9
I agree with a lot of what you say, and LOL at the BuzzLightyear thing, but I don’t agree with this above.

Luca didn’t tell her not to pick him as the producers didn’t give her time or a chance to actually talk to anyone.

She picked him based on what Gemma had said, where she was being “cool” and did not say they were exclusive, and based on the fact at face value she thinks he’s the most attractive.

As she pointed out the other day, she didn’t even get the chance to go on dates before she had to pick. The producers really fucked her over.

edit for spelling :)
See i didn't recall him telling her not to pick him but so many others said it on here I'm assumed it was true.

Reactions: 7
hiiii! long time lurker finally had a minute and needed to vomit up everything ive been thinking.
sorry its very long just interested to know what pple think!

1/
They need a massive shake up, the boys have way too much power. And they're trash humans.
Was actually pretty uncomfortable watching last night, they just rule the villa and laugh if a guy does does something and gang up if a girl does.
I was wondering if theres a reason why the boys are tit. like, what kinds of girls go on love island vs. what kinds of boys? Maybe its hard to get decent men on there (looks and personality)? they're 90% the crap kinds of gym/ nights out sleazy men that wont find love til they grow up?

they do have a responsibility as a channel to stop promoting the idea that this kind of man is THE only one and that they're treating them acceptably. I dont think they're abusers/ gaslighters, but most of them (bar Andrew & Dami maybe) aren't good enough to be settling done and be good to women right now. Me age 23 would have been great TV but a terrible human "finding love" example.

2/
also, feel like the formats need a shake up - too many game players now because they know how it works. they're way to comfortable. A new villa makes no difference. Surely ITV can see the same things just happen on repeat.

:poop:bombshells - Should come alone or in a similar personality pair. When theres two and ones loud/more extrovert, they just stay and the other goes. it's boring. why not 3 one time? Why not keep bombshells somewhere else and make people go to them and they they come back coupled up OMG that would be gooood

:poop:casa amour -
Want 50% new villa by the end. needs some amazing new changes to the format tho. What if there loooooads of men? What if they split the girls and boys up? What if its not a villa? What if its just loads of dates not endless sitting around. What if its blind dates?
if its the same format - girls def to go.

:poop:challenges - are boring and gross. why do they even do them? or at least think of new ones? i actually dont get why they repeat these things... surely theres an ideas person at ITV who could bash out some fun new thoughts? Literally anything is better than watching the same thing AGAIN.

:poop:dates - i guess we need them but it is SO CRINGE before/ during/after. Again, think of something new ITV. What if the contestants just went to explore the island? What if they had to do a challenge together (apprentice style lol)? What if they had to make the rest of the island a (decent) meal? What if they had to play a trick on the island? What if they brought in a pet cat? duck knows but sssssomething that gives them something to actually talk about and shows their personality. Theres so much emphasis on "chat" and "getting to know people" but they do nothing that actually helps you know someone?

:poop:hideaway - go away. its 2022. it feels like old news.
(same goes for the totally hetero gender format but i feel like ITV cant cope with even the little new things rn)

:poop:we need public voting and public recoupling. like NEED. And we should be able to vote off individuals even if they're in a couple (jay).

essentially love island could be AWESOME. but its getting a bit blahh.

3/ the peoplee
girrrrls
Ekin Su - i actually like her - we've seen all sides of her personality and she has some sweet behaviours. she's a bit of a fruit loop (but arren't we all) and i find she redeems herself a fair bit. she is a bit desperate and thats putting the (tit + immature) men off. The age thing is a problem for her, and i get that tbh. Much of the villa is nasty to her, but i think shes actually quite smart + resilient.
Tasha - i dont actually think shes the worst. she likes attention and she gets flitty when there is some. But she's hardly 100% on andrew, send someone else in for her, or she could go tbh.. but she's not that bad at all and all the guys telling her what shes done wrong is pretty mean. it must be a really overwhelming atmostphere in there..
danica - deserves better. send her on three dates with three new bombshells. give her a chance. she's done well being strong through what must have felt like a crappy few days. (also her entrance + actions coming in was not her decision so she'd been done dirty) if she's boring then she could go but let her have SOME fun.
anitigone - love. keep. None of the guys are good enough for her at all though. She needs a belter.
paige - boring, sorrrry! and she doesnt seem to be able to tell anyone what she really thinks which i hate watching. Shes clung to jaques because hes a big personality, but she needs to find that in herself (in my v humble and pointless opinion) i want to her like because shes a paradmedic but i think that might be starting to be the only actual reason why (<3 NHS tho)
gemma - she's fine. she woudnt be there if she wasnt MO's daughter. I do feel like if you're gunna have privacy clauses and not play properly it is a waste of a space tho. She's boring to watch in general. and too young so can't really take part with older pple.
indiyah - LOVE. Needs more screen time. absolutley the prettiest girl in there with actual personality. send in some awesome women for her to be mates with!

boysss
jaxxx - needs to go. Nasty piece of work. still think he's there for a weird gemma arc or they thought theyd get more out of him being an ex, but didnt.
jay - makes me feel sick. Grim. WHY WOULD YOU PICK SOMEONE WHO CLEARLY DOENST LIKE YOU. then make them share a bed with you. he's just using paige for her public popularity.
andrew - send someone in for him. he's very very kind. Him & Tasha could become friends.
luca - needs to be put in his place / lose his role as "leader of the pack" (or public vote off would be amazing but wont happen) He deffo knows who gemma is and is just securing his future fame. he's def trying to make holes in everyone elses relationships like a snakey jake. Gunna be trouble in casa.
davide - he wont find anyone. he's funny but he's not actually a good man. All girls deserve better than a man that can't get past himself! He's okay to have in for the "friend island" bit for random girls but he's pretty much going to be incapable of finding someone. so a waste of a spot tbh.
dami - like. give him fun new man pals.
charlie - boring so far.

• Heart
What we need is a 21-22 year impossibly handsome, son of a racehorse/football club owner to come in and sweep Gemma off her feet...

• Haha
Reactions: 30
:poop:we need public voting and public recoupling. like NEED. And we should be able to vote off individuals even if they're in a couple (jay).
i'm so into this idea, we should vote and lowest boy and girl leave and if they're in couples with others, their coupled partners are asked via text and with screen time if they would like to leave with them or stay. didn't something similar happen to brad and lucinda? i think he was voted out or something like that or maybe she was picked to be coupled up with someone else and in turn brad got dumped and he was single, but regardless i remember lucinda being asked if she wants to leave with him or stay and i remember her choosing to stay

What we need is a 21-22 year impossibly handsome, son of a racehorse/football club owner to come in and sweep Gemma off her feet...
yes - someone who is "a thing" in their own right. She's drop luca in an instant for that.

i'm so into this idea, we should vote and lowest boy and girl leave and if they're in couples with others, their coupled partners are asked via text and with screen time if they would like to leave with them or stay. didn't something similar happen to brad and lucinda? i think he was voted out or something like that or maybe she was picked to be coupled up with someone else and in turn brad got dumped and he was single, but regardless i remember lucinda being asked if she wants to leave with him or stay and i remember her choosing to stay
YES! Cos then they cant couple of with popular people to stay safe. (also it means the public has some say when theyre bored/dont enjoy watching people)

Reactions: 5
omg actually just looked it up and it was lucinda and brad voted the least fav and they had to decide between each other who will get dumped!!! gold!!! bring that back!!! but do it with two couples because there's too many dumpable people on the island right now. i would love it if two lowest rated couples had to each send one person home from their coupling and decide between themselves who is going home, it would bring even more of the true intentions to light!

also @blahblahdeblah agree with pretty much everything you've said in ur first post!!! glad u joined and welcome :)

:poop:bombshells - Should come alone or in a similar personality pair. When theres two and ones loud/more extrovert, they just stay and the other goes. it's boring. why not 3 one time? Why not keep bombshells somewhere else and make people go to them and they they come back coupled up OMG that would be gooood
I like the idea they have to come back coupled up. I think it’s way to easy for couples like Gemma and Luca to couple up at the start and then coast to the end of the show. It’s not real it’s just convenience.

Reactions: 8
Just caught up on last nights episode. Danica deserves better. Davide might be entertaining but he's an asshole for kissing her then not picking her.

Don’t get why Charlie picked eken sue, he seemed way more into Tasha - it’s gonna blow with Andrew and Tasha

Regarding Davide picking Antigoni, I wonder if that’s not producer manipulation after they saw how well the public took to her. If they have chemistry they would rocket to favourite couple… I just wonder if the producers sort of eluded to him that he should give her a chance

Reactions: 4
I still don’t know if Gemma is that into Luca? Luca has gone for Gemma purely based on looks, which fair enough, that’s kind of what the show is about but I don’t think there’s any connection or they have anything in common and I don’t think he’s willing to make an effort to see - it’s just she’s fit I’m sticking with her. There’s no way Luca and Gemma would last on the outside. He’s giving me jealous/controlling vibes, she’s young, likes to do her own thing and I don’t think she’d put up with that/him.

I didn’t expect Davide to pick Antigoni but I love her! I want to see more of her! I think her and Davide could make for an interesting couple… I know she really seemed to like Jay though and I don’t think Jay’s going to have any luck with Paige.

Reactions: 10
Don’t get why Charlie picked eken sue, he seemed way more into Tasha - it’s gonna blow with Andrew and Tasha
tbh i get the feeling that producers either had him pick ES to keep her in the game in prep for CA or he decided to pick her because of the public's reaction to her and would keep him in discussion for a quick 15 mins. it would explain all of the snide remarks he makes about her as well. he doesn't genuinely seem interested at all in her or even interested in getting to know her and deffo he's just made ES his place holder

Reactions: 3
@blahdeblahblah has definitely hit on something that has annoyed me for years on this show. It's so formulaic. The bikinis during the day, getting dressed and saying cheers every night, the constant talk of getting to know people, they changed the villa and yet it's almost exactly the same (girls makeup room onto hidden balcony), the challenges, the standing at the firepit like it's some sort of tribal ceremony (you're in a white and neon villa, this isn't survivor).

Every other similar show mixes it up a bit. Big brother, I'm a celeb (a lot of stuff is similar there, admittedly, but they definitely mix it up more). They came up with casa amor years ago and thought "that'll do".

If charlie goes first will pick Tasha.I reckon that will happen.
Low key delighted he didn’t pick her. She definitely get a shock.

Her carry on towards Andrew is poor. She needs to stop off and fill up the car … gas lighting hard. It’s not sassy Tasha, you’re being mean babe x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.