Love Island 2021 #34 It’s the final countdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If there's another series they really need to shake things up.

Casa needs to be longer.
Bring back lie detector.
More public votes.
Bombshells need to be bombshells.

Reactions: 15
Changes I would suggest for next year if I was a Love Island producer reading this thread ;)

- Minimal scouting from Instagram, look at the actual applicants, not the Insta Huns.
- Slightly older cast, minimum age 24/25
- No gross food challenges/ kissing challenges! :sick:
- Bring back the tweet challenges and family skyping in when there's drama to give their opinion
- No more of this "stepping forward" crap on the first day, give them 48 hours to get to know each other than let them couple up.
- Actual interesting people in Casa Amor, 75% of them are always forgettable. :sleep:
- More Irish people, and yes I'm biased on that.
- Open the vote up to Ireland too. Weird that you let a whole country watch and not vote. 🇮🇪
- Change the format on voting, give the islanders immunity twice over the season so they can save a bottom two couple but otherwise the one with the least public votes is going home.
- More votes that split couples during the season with the option to walk together if they want to.
- Scrap the presenter altogether. The only time it's needed is during the first episode anyways and if they changed that format you could go the whole season without. Maybe Maya Jama for the final/ aftersun or someone equally fresh.
- Also sorry to say but Iain hasn't done it for me this year. Change it up and I reckon the show would be fresher.
NOT MAYA JAMA THAT WOMAN IS EVERYWHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Flight Attendant
"I'll take a look at your boarding pass and direct you to your seat"
Diagnosis123
"....Which will hopefully be far away from those Love Island goons"
Flight Attendant
"
You're on row 18, seat C"
Diagnosis123
"....Which is the aisle seat next to Aaron and Lib 🙃"

View attachment 726390
The poor passengers stuck between them 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As much as I love Millie and Liam and have even voted for them to win, I feel Chloe and Toby will come first as the couple who are viewed as the ‘front runners’ and genuinely lasts usually places 2nd. I just can’t envision Millie and Liam winning tonight for some reason. I think Kaz and Tyler will be 3rd and Faye and Teddy fourth.

Reactions: 1
As much as I love Millie and Liam and have even voted for them to win, I feel Chloe and Toby will come first as the couple who are viewed as the ‘front runners’ and genuinely lasts usually places 2nd. I just can’t envision Millie and Liam winning tonight for some reason. I think Kaz and Tyler will be 3rd and Faye and Teddy fourth.
i hope so but faye and silent but strong supporters so she may be 3rd- this annoys me because she has been rewarded for bad behaviour

Reactions: 11
All set for the final tonight but I've already decided this is the last year I will be watching Love Island - I've watched it from S1 but this series has been dreadful. In the unlikely event it's any good next year it will be all over the media and it will be easy to start watching a couple of weeks in.

I've voted for Chloe and Toby (twice on phone and ipad 🤣 ) but I would be equally happy to see Kaz and Tyler or Millie and Liam win. I just don't want Faye and Teddy to win and hope they go out first. I was very amused by Teddy's brothers obvious dislike of her last night and I think they'll be over within a fortnight of getting home. Faye won't be able to deal with his family and friends not liking her.

Reactions: 13
I dont like Maya Jama very much but I feel like she'd be the perfect Love Island host

Reactions: 8
Yeah exactly this! I do photography on the side and one of the fast fashion brands I work with had Jack Grealish's girlfriend modelling a few pieces which was packaged up as the ~Sasha Attwood Collection~ but it was just the standard imported tat lol. They don't have any say in it 😂
I can't direct message you! Message me.

Reactions: 1
I'd like them to bring in two bombshells at end of first episode. They get to choose who to couple up with end of first week. Everyone is at risk from day one.. none of these of couples sticking together and playing it safe

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I think that this year seemed a bit flat because people had been waiting so long and were so excited for it

I'd like them to bring in two bombshells at end of first episode. They get to choose who to couple up with end of first week. Everyone is at risk from day one.. none of these of couples sticking together and playing it safe
They did something similar in Series 3 (Olivia, kem and amber's year) when the OGs coupled up and then Jess came in and had like a day or so to get to know everyone. Worked so much better and created a bit of drama.

Reactions: 12
Yup they call Faye "Fiercy" and "we've all had an argument" and "bunch of snowflakes complaining because a woman got emotional' for her hours of screaming

whilst saying "I hate Kaz and her screaming like a banshee. And of course her family scream" or "I really hate Kaz. Can't put my finger on why" or "Fake fake fake tears Kaz. Liberty was your best friend. She's so sly" or "What Kaz did to Matt was worse than Liam and Faye"

I hope you understand and see the difference and I understand its a TV show but this imbalance goes beyond that unfortunately
I agree that it does which is such a shame. I really like Kaz and I think she's come across well, apart from all the shrieking but all the girls are like that, not just her - they've all spent the whole series screaming and chanting like a group of 13 year old girls. Faye was screaming her head off when her sister and friend came in last night. It's super annoying but they all do it.

I suspect that most of those who like Faye like her because they are aggy little drama queens themselves, so they feel validated by seeing similar behaviour seeming to be rewarded on national TV. I am so curious to see if the other islanders stay friendly with her once they're out of there.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I dont like Maya Jama very much but I feel like she'd be the perfect Love Island host
Do you know who would be good ? Would be that girl AJ ? Do you know who I mean she’s a presenter, really loud and northern but I’d imagine a natural flirt with the camera and the contestants etc.
Like I agree it needs a new presenter, Laura Whittmore does not bring a natural presenting style at all which is crazy because she’s Irish the craic should come natural to her lol. But there’s so many better flirtier presenters, god even Paddy whatshisface with his no likey no lighty 😂

Reactions: 9
Ex Islander AJ watching the sun setting on her brief showbiz career...
With unverified Rachel Finni clinging on for dear life in the comments 👇

1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Changes I would suggest for next year if I was a Love Island producer reading this thread ;)

- Minimal scouting from Instagram, look at the actual applicants, not the Insta Huns.
- Slightly older cast, minimum age 24/25
- No gross food challenges/ kissing challenges! :sick:
- Bring back the tweet challenges and family skyping in when there's drama to give their opinion
- No more of this "stepping forward" crap on the first day, give them 48 hours to get to know each other than let them couple up.
- Actual interesting people in Casa Amor, 75% of them are always forgettable. :sleep:
- More Irish people, and yes I'm biased on that.
- Open the vote up to Ireland too. Weird that you let a whole country watch and not vote. 🇮🇪
- Change the format on voting, give the islanders immunity twice over the season so they can save a bottom two couple but otherwise the one with the least public votes is going home.
- More votes that split couples during the season with the option to walk together if they want to.
- Scrap the presenter altogether. The only time it's needed is during the first episode anyways and if they changed that format you could go the whole season without. Maybe Maya Jama for the final/ aftersun or someone equally fresh.
- Also sorry to say but Iain hasn't done it for me this year. Change it up and I reckon the show would be fresher.
Rob Beckett for voiceover would be my choice

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
They did something similar in Series 3 (Olivia, kem and amber's year) when the OGs coupled up and then Jess came in and had like a day or so to get to know everyone. Worked so much better and created a bit of drama.
They done this this year didn’t they? Chloe went in this year at the end of episode 1 as the bombshell! Or am I mistaken? Then on day 2 she got to steal a boy?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.