Louise Pentland #9 Another "frugal" charity shop. Smile, doodles! Its #AD o'clock!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she say she sells baby clothes on facebook? For someone who loves shopping in charity shops so much, you'd think she'd actually give something back and donate as well
Or sell them but donate the money to NSPCC seeing as she's an Ambassador?

Reactions: 9
Did she say she sells baby clothes on facebook? For someone who loves shopping in charity shops so much, you'd think she'd actually give something back and donate as well

Exactly what I came on here to post

Reactions: 6
The whole rental owner thing, I think she's reliving her own little Downton Abbey fantasy. It reminds me of that plot line where Lord Grantham covers the debt of the poor and humble farmer, who is then forever indebted to him, and old Robert comes out of it looking like the world's Best Egg, even though he just had that amount of money shoved down behind the drawing room couch cushions. It totally buys into that 'Benevolent Lady of the Manor' schtick that she eats up with a spoon. In her little head, her idea of a perfect life would be doling out the feelgoods to the peasants (poor tenants, poor relations, and other PR-approved poor people), from the comfort of her chaise lounge, while a loyal footman (Liam) unobtrusively provides her with luncheon, and Nanny brings the children in for an hour after tea.
When she'd talk about condoms and sexploits though, I don't know. Maybe she could have a bawdy friendship with a working class schlub on the DL.

Reactions: 22
Someone had posted in the previous thread Louise’s IG caption introducing herself to her new followers, and in there she had said something about investing in properties, which she’s renting to families at a reduced rate.

While I do think that investing in real estate is generally wise, and renting at reduced rate is obviously a nice thing to do, as there’s so many scammy landlords, and I’m sure she’s still going to come out having made $$$ from the properties (so win-win), something about the way she said it rubs me the wrong way. Reminds me of Elena from Little Fires Everywhere lol
IF you want to rent a property at a reduced rate, that’s fine... but you can do something nice without advertising it regularly so people think you’re so woke and charitable. It’s practically a PR stunt that stems purely from privilege.

Reactions: 32
IF you want to rent a property at a reduced rate, that’s fine... but you can do something nice without advertising it regularly so people think you’re so woke and charitable. It’s practically a PR stunt that stems purely from privilege.
I’m sure we’re due another post/video about how’s she financially supports all her family!!! So darcy better remember that and keep doing the ads!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I’m sure we’re due another post/video about how’s she financially supports all her family!!! So darcy better remember that and keep doing the ads!
Darcy makes the money for that family, just like Emilia makes the money for the SJs. Let them be kids ffs, not the breadwinners of the family.

Reactions: 19
And of course Liams salary as a detective sergeant doesn't contribute to supporting the family... What a kick in the teeth and insult to him . But hey when you get engaged to a greedy, fame hungry, materialistic ( of course which she would deny cos how could she be when she shops in charity shops ... But sells her soul to advertising agencies for loadsa money... Gotta earn that half a .million salary she must have.😰😵... ). Lady who has princess pretensions that's the result unfortunately.

Plus, she's never specified how much of a reduced rate. I am not from the area, but I just had a quick google, and it seems that around 800 - 900 pounds a month would be roughly the market rate for a 3 bedroom, renovated home (if you know better, please correct me). And then say Louise chose to instead rent it out for 700 pounds. That's about 200 pounds a month she would be 'covering'... that's essentially pocket change to her. 50 pounds a week? She probably spends that amount on Minstrels. Even if it's more than that, she would be able to absorb that 'loss' pretty easily.

I would like to say, I think it's nice of her to do this. To the family who is renting out that home, 200 pounds a month would make a massive difference, but I think it's a very effective, and very affordable, type of PR for Louise. Same with the donation of the book sales thing she's doing (I don't fully understand that one, but some people broke it down nicely in the previous thread about how it sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is). Again, I think this is a NICE thing to do, and she didn't have to do it, so good on her. But this is not an entirely alturistic thing. She may be dumb, but she's not stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
When is the book chart drama likely to kick off? Just had a little look but I'm guessing new books aren't added until the week after publication so will it be this Sunday?

Reactions: 4
Plus, she's never specified how much of a reduced rate. I am not from the area, but I just had a quick google, and it seems that around 800 - 900 pounds a month would be roughly the market rate for a 3 bedroom, renovated home (if you know better, please correct me). And then say Louise chose to instead rent it out for 700 pounds. That's about 200 pounds a month she would be 'covering'... that's essentially pocket change to her. 50 pounds a week? She probably spends that amount on Minstrels. Even if it's more than that, she would be able to absorb that 'loss' pretty easily.

I would like to say, I think it's nice of her to do this. To the family who is renting out that home, 200 pounds a month would make a massive difference, but I think it's a very effective, and very affordable, type of PR for Louise. Same with the donation of the book sales thing she's doing (I don't fully understand that one, but some people broke it down nicely in the previous thread about how it sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is). Again, I think this is a NICE thing to do, and she didn't have to do it, so good on her. But this is not an entirely alturistic thing. She may be dumb, but she's not stupid.
Don't have anything to add but you are spot on with the nice vs altruistic thing.

Reactions: 3
I would love for her to just go one month of making contact without Darcy and Pearl featured at all. No photos of them, no instagram stories, only vlog herself. And then compare the views/how much money she made from social media that month.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
£50 a week is probably her weekly blow-dry she insists on having because she is too lazy to wash her own hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
£50 a week is probably her weekly blow-dry she insists on having because she is too lazy to wash her own hair.
Good point - just checked and her hairdresser does £20 a blow dry, £35 for a cut and blow dry, and balyange/root stretch (which id imagine is what louise is getting) is £60.
So £80 a month on blowdry and then what, £90 on top of that every other month for the cut & colour?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
There’s a massive difference between doing something kind purely for the sake of being kind, and doing something kind so you can shout about it and be praised on social media.

I think she’s talking about this website in the very beginning of the new vlog. Troll talk, anyway. I honestly think sometimes though she puts too much pressure on herself because all her point came down to after the troll ramble, was ‘I don’t feel presentable enough’. Like everything has to be perfect for the vlog/the gram, and that’s the fault of the trolls.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.