Louise Pentland #9 Another "frugal" charity shop. Smile, doodles! Its #AD o'clock!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @saltymermaid for the thread title. I couldn't fit it all in, it was 'A new day & another "frugal" charity shop. Smile, doodles! Its #AD o'clock'.

Reactions: 10
Such a great title 😂

Sorry for the double post. She was on BBC Radio 2 yesterday if anybody wants a listen.

the blurb mentions Louise’s faith, does She practice faith? (Not sure if that’s the right wording, am an atheist) - I know she mentions Christianity every now and then but have never really seen it as a big part of her life. Sorry just musing to myself here 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
the title is too good! but also every time i hear or see her call darcy "doodles" i always think of the dog from that tweenies tv show :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Someone had posted in the previous thread Louise’s IG caption introducing herself to her new followers, and in there she had said something about investing in properties, which she’s renting to families at a reduced rate.

While I do think that investing in real estate is generally wise, and renting at reduced rate is obviously a nice thing to do, as there’s so many scammy landlords, and I’m sure she’s still going to come out having made $$$ from the properties (so win-win), something about the way she said it rubs me the wrong way. Reminds me of Elena from Little Fires Everywhere lol

Reactions: 18
I’ve just seen her weird insta video about the Facebook marketplace dresser thing. It seems ad-ish to me but there are no ad tags. She’s done stuff for Facebook hasn’t she? It seems like a non-declared ad or something - it just doesn’t sit right.

Reactions: 15
I’ve just seen her weird insta video about the Facebook marketplace dresser thing. It seems ad-ish to me but there are no ad tags. She’s done stuff for Facebook hasn’t she? It seems like a non-declared ad or something - it just doesn’t sit right.
That’s what I thought too - she’s really emphasising FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Yes it seemed like an ad to me as well! When she does ads she goes all stiff and her eyes go wide and don't blink. She was doing that. It definitely seemed off. She is usually good though at declaring ads. Technically it should be an ad as she worked with them in the past/still is.

Reactions: 18
Hi everyone! New member here,.... I know I’m late on this one but I’ve just been watching Miranda and cannot get over how much Louise tries to impersonate her and the way she talks I’m actually cringing 😂

• Haha
came to comment about the facebook marketplace post too, it definitely feels like an ad that hasn’t been disclosed!

Reactions: 8
Someone had posted in the previous thread Louise’s IG caption introducing herself to her new followers, and in there she had said something about investing in properties, which she’s renting to families at a reduced rate.

While I do think that investing in real estate is generally wise, and renting at reduced rate is obviously a nice thing to do, as there’s so many scammy landlords, and I’m sure she’s still going to come out having made $$$ from the properties (so win-win), something about the way she said it rubs me the wrong way. Reminds me of Elena from Little Fires Everywhere lol
Like I understand she thinks she's doing a service against high rents - but like... You're also part of the problem? 🤔 By owning multiple properties, it means there's less property to go around and that drives prices and rent up. By renting out, even at a 'reduced' rate, you're still profiting off the fact someone else needs a basic necessity (a place to stay) but can't afford to own their own one (which then becomes a vicious cycle because how can that tenant then save for their own house when a sizeable part of their income is paying rent to you).

It frustrates me when people like Louise think they're performing a public service just because they're not taking advantage of your basic need as much as they could. The fact you're allowing someone to keep a bit more of their own money for food and heating does not make you a fairy godmother. 🤷
Anyway, there's no such thing as an ethical private landlord, thank you for coming to my TED Talk 😅✨

• Heart
Reactions: 88

Pleased it wasn't just me that it irritated, alao the Thousands of new followers bit really got to me to. The relatable Mum has totally gone and I've had to unfollow her now as I can't deal with the constant showing off and bragging.
Also everything is either an ad or comes across as a wannabe ad, like a "please work with me"

Also the amount of mistakes in the new book is unreal, was it not proof read? For example the word 'things' is spelled thiMgs.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

I don’t think the “renting it out low prices to help other families” thing will last long. She’ll get stung by someone who takes advantage (like a lot of the none scummy landlords will at some point) and then she will whack the rent prices back up and slap the “no dss” label on too just in case. Louise definitely has rose tinted glasses when it comes to being a landlord and she is way way way too emotionally attached to that house to be renting it out.

I think she gets a kick out of being a “good egg” landlord making herself feel like some sort of queen doling out her charity. I do feel a teeny bit sorry for her though because she seems to think renting to a little family will mean her grandparents house will be treasured and looked after when it really doesn’t work like that. Then I remember she has more than one house and I stop feeling sorry for her but I suppose that’s another rant 😂

(Disclaimer: I’m not saying all tenants wreck houses or don’t pay rent. I rent and don’t do either 😂 )

Reactions: 19
I posted already how annoyed I was about her selling baby clothes on facebook, presumably Pearls... I never thought about her last paid partnership with facebook... She went down to their head office in London loads doing pair photoshoots, going on about suddenly how she preferred Facebook to any other platform... How friendly it was.... All the time being paid to promote it so not a genuine honest statement. God she is a bare faced greedy show me the money bloody liar... Selling stuff on ebook msrketplace instead of donating to a children's charity shop... instead selling them as a sneaky bleeping way to promote a Facebook feature. Very very angry rant over!!!😠😠😠😈

Reactions: 9
Like I understand she thinks she's doing a service against high rents - but like... You're also part of the problem? 🤔 By owning multiple properties, it means there's less property to go around and that drives prices and rent up. By renting out, even at a 'reduced' rate, you're still profiting off the fact someone else needs a basic necessity (a place to stay) but can't afford to own their own one (which then becomes a vicious cycle because how can that tenant then save for their own house when a sizeable part of their income is paying rent to you).

It frustrates me when people like Louise think they're performing a public service just because they're not taking advantage of your basic need as much as they could. The fact you're allowing someone to keep a bit more of their own money for food and heating does not make you a fairy godmother. 🤷
Anyway, there's no such thing as an ethical private landlord, thank you for coming to my TED Talk 😅✨
I could not have said this better myself 🙌👏👏.
Please can people stop owning multiple houses when some people are trying to just buy one?! 😁 people then just get caught up paying someone else's mortgage while saving for their own.

Not completely bitter or anything 👀 rich just get richer ay?

You cant do 'No DSS' any more I think, there's been some movement on that with Shelter, someone won a court case saying it was unlawful discrimination.
Shelter have also dispelled the 'My mortgage contract prevents me from renting to....' myth - apparently the majority of the major buy-to-let lenders have removed this from new and historic contracts (so people might not realise their contract has changed so have to ring up to confirm) and confirmed they wouldnt enforce. This does imply some smaller ones might still have it in place, but im fairly certain Louise doesnt have a mortgage on the rental she showed us.

Probs £100 pound off a month

Reactions: 3
You cant do 'No DSS' any more I think, there's been some movement on that with Shelter, someone won a court case saying it was unlawful discrimination.
Shelter have also dispelled the 'My mortgage contract prevents me from renting to....' myth - apparently the majority of the major buy-to-let lenders have removed this from new and historic contracts (so people might not realise their contract has changed so have to ring up to confirm) and confirmed they wouldnt enforce. This does imply some smaller ones might still have it in place, but im fairly certain Louise doesnt have a mortgage on the rental she showed us.
They’ll just do it without saying it instead now though :( . People will show their finance info to prove they can afford to rent the place and when there’s even a sniff of housing benefit or anything else going on there’ll miraculously be another tenant who was first in line instead. It’s so wrong.

Reactions: 4
Did she say she sells baby clothes on facebook? For someone who loves shopping in charity shops so much, you'd think she'd actually give something back and donate as well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.