Louise Pentland #7 another shareable, cooking is terrible, hashtag captions #unbearable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The book thing has annoyed me also. Why is she an authority on parenting? How? She barely does anything and I'm not trying to put her down but it's just the truth of it. I'm a stay at home mum to 2 young children and I haven't worked outside the home since before my eldest one was born. I've done that by choice because I wanted to raise my children myself, but it isn't easy. I've done every single day of looking after them both, all by myself, and it's bloody hard and exhausting but it's my life and I do it for my children and its also wonderful. She barely does anything with her kids and she gets to be paid many thousands of pounds I'm sure to write.... what? I don't get it!!

Reactions: 9
It pisses me off so much when she calls herself a single mother. Sharing 50/50 custody with your child’s dad is not being a single mother. She was a single PERSON who was also a mother. Also does anyone find it weird how often she mentions her ex boyfriends? Literally every video, whenever she’s doing something unglamorous or slightly embarrassing or you know, being a mum, she sarcastic says I hope they’re not watching. She’s obsessed, if the shoe was on the other foot she definitely wouldn’t want Liam constantly talking about his ex’s

Reactions: 27
It pisses me off so much when she calls herself a single mother. Sharing 50/50 custody with your child’s dad is not being a single mother. She was a single PERSON who was also a mother.
I was going to post and disagree with you but the more I think about it, the more I actually agree with you! She might have a tricky relationship with Matt in terms of coparenting with him but she was never alone and completely responsible for decision making about Darcy at any point. That’s the real side of being a single parent. When your child is ill and you have to make the decision of “is it a hospital job or not?” and there’s no one to phone to discuss it with and it’s all on you - Louise didn’t have those struggles. Plus she knew every week without fail she had her days where Darcy was with Matt so on tough days she knew she had that time ahead to recharge herself. Single mums without shared custody never have that downtime. They’re never off duty.

Ooooh I’m irritated with her now! Single mum! Pffft.

Reactions: 17
The whole brutully honest opinion on parenting is so overdone now. I honestly don't care if other mums don't find parenting easy enough to actually read a book about it. When my eldest was born I joined a parenting forum which was a great resource for free advice and sharing fun stories. Why would I want advice from someone who finds it hard even with all of the support she has.

She never does fun activities with them its always just potion making or riding bikes around the garden plus she talks about her life online anyway which I can see for free.

We've all heard her birth stories so many times now. She just isnt the right person to release a parenting book. I personally think she should stick to body positive, plus size fashion as most of the time I think she dresses quite nice and seems to be quite confident within herself.

Reactions: 12
The whole brutully honest opinion on parenting is so overdone now. I honestly don't care if other mums don't find parenting easy enough to actually read a book about it. When my eldest was born I joined a parenting forum which was a great resource for free advice and sharing fun stories. Why would I want advice from someone who finds it hard even with all of the support she has.

She never does fun activities with them its always just potion making or riding bikes around the garden plus she talks about her life online anyway which I can see for free.

We've all heard her birth stories so many times now. She just isnt the right person to release a parenting book. I personally think she should stick to body positive, plus size fashion as most of the time I think she dresses quite nice and seems to be quite confident within herself.
Couldn’t agree more about how overdone the ‘brutal honesty’ trend about parenthood has become! Especially in lockdown with the endless posts about needing a vat of wine to deal with your own children etc. These are people lucky enough to have had total choice and autonomy over whether they had children or not, they actively chose to bring them into the world! The endless whining it just getting too much.

• Heart
I was going to post and disagree with you but the more I think about it, the more I actually agree with you! She might have a tricky relationship with Matt in terms of coparenting with him but she was never alone and completely responsible for decision making about Darcy at any point. That’s the real side of being a single parent. When your child is ill and you have to make the decision of “is it a hospital job or not?” and there’s no one to phone to discuss it with and it’s all on you - Louise didn’t have those struggles. Plus she knew every week without fail she had her days where Darcy was with Matt so on tough days she knew she had that time ahead to recharge herself. Single mums without shared custody never have that downtime. They’re never off duty.

Ooooh I’m irritated with her now! Single mum! Pffft.
This pisses me off too, I’ve been a single mum since my daughter was 3 weeks old. I am the only one responsible for looking after her keeping her safe and raising her to be a good person. Lockdown has been incredibly difficult for me... it pisses me off when people call themselves a single parent when they share custody it even if the other parent is in their life. Try doing it all alone, every single second of the day is a mummy day and whilst I don’t begrudge a second of it, it can be really hard work and mentally draining and isolating

Do you guys remember her videos from her first time meeting Marie Bitsandclips in Seattle? Lou was so much cooler and down to Earth then. She seemed young and funny. Also she had a WAISTLINE and such a gorgeous silhouette which, despite Weightwatcher dollars, has been forgotten

Her entire personality changed

Reactions: 5
I wonder what Marie thinks of Louise now? I still follow Marie on Instagram and adore her.

Reactions: 3
She was in a vlog not too long ago on FaceTime and I think louise said something about planning to go visit again soon, probably won’t happen as I think that was before lockdown. I like louise with Marie though I think Marie’s a very grounding influence and brings out a better side to her.

Is he grandmother still alive? She made such a big dramatic thing about going to say her very last goodbye to her gran because she was on her death bed but that was months ago now.

Reactions: 1
I know it;s old news now but I just realised Louise has blocked me on ig after our conversation. So much for being open to criticism.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I know it;s old news now but I just realised Louise has blocked me on ig after our conversation. So much for being open to criticism.
She HATES criticism. Whenever she talks about a sensitive or controversial topic on her YT she’ll say ‘nice comments only please!!!’. She’s pathetic.

If Marie brought out a parenting fun book I would buy it. Because you can see she genuinely cares about her children. Louise just used her kids as a prop to make money. It's sickening. The only time she engages with them ( not in a motherly way ) is when she receives a gift, freebie or add deal. She's a bleeping joke.

She HATES criticism. Whenever she talks about a sensitive or controversial topic on her YT she’ll say ‘nice comments only please!!!’. She’s pathetic.
That was why she blocked me! I said something she posted that was meant to be funny was possibly a bit insensitive. She gave me a very superior and patronising reply and before o could comment again blocked me!

I would be mortified to be dressed the same as a 2 year old if I was 9. I hate the super girly bows and dresses, really gets on my nerves. Just let them be kids. She’s always banging on about how much of a feminist she is! Why does she dress them like princesses then?
Yes! 🙌🏼 I have 3 girls and I know for certain when a little girl is 9 they would refuse point blank to be matching their 2yr old sister!!
There is 7yrs between my 1st&2nd then 2yrs between my 2nd&3rd...once my middle girl got to 7/8 she wouldn’t even wear the same pjs as her little sister!! Darcy goes into Yr 5 this year,not long until high school...Louise treats her like a much younger girl.. she is going to get a shock once those hormones hit and she starts to get challenged and lots of attitude.. xxx

Reactions: 7
Yes! 🙌🏼 I have 3 girls and I know for certain when a little girl is 9 they would refuse point blank to be matching their 2yr old sister!!
There is 7yrs between my 1st&2nd then 2yrs between my 2nd&3rd...once my middle girl got to 7/8 she wouldn’t even wear the same pjs as her little sister!! Darcy goes into Yr 5 this year,not long until high school...Louise treats her like a much younger girl.. she is going to get a shock once those hormones hit and she starts to get challenged and lots of attitude.. xxx
she's already being called out by darcy.. saying that she doesn't need to take photos of a birthday cake before they eat it and saying that louise told her to put on pjs that were too small :LOL:
i'm glad she's not buying into her mums ideas and i hope pearl won't either

Reactions: 4
A moment that always sticks out to me is that she wouldn't buy Darcy a T-shirt that had emoji prints on it because LOUISE didn't like it. It probably didn't fit her 'aesthetic' or look 'insta' enough. Like if you're all about empowering your girls to be strong independent boss ladies like she always preaches on about, she can start by letting her children empower themselves by making their own choices about what they wear and how they express themselves. Emojis are harmless anyway and would have been fun for her.

I had to unfollow her private group ‘lockdown lovelies’ after the whole Dominic Cummings statement came out. I understand it’s a group to spread positivity but after one poster was talking about it in a civilised way just communicating how irritated they were. Louise later made a post asking the political chat to stop as “anger is like holding on to a hot stone, it only hurts you”. Being angry (quite rightly in my opinion) that a white man in power is able to lie and bend the rules with no consequences to his job while there are 1000s of us struggling while sticking to the rules. Hot stone anger is not always the case, my anger about so many things is not only hurting me. While I understand the sentiment that has with ‘petty anger’ telling others that their anger or indeed other feelings should simply be let go was enough for me to leave the group for good. Lots of nice girls on there spreading kindness but I don’t appreciate her post. Life can’t always be sugar coated.
I have a huge problem with the 'anger is like a hot stone' analogy as it promotes culturally imposed apologism for unacceptable behaviours. It's ok to experience and express anger - it's the natural reaction to boundary violation and telling people to let go is gaslighting and shutting people down. I'm disappointed in Louise as an abuse survivor that she resorts to this approach.

Surely there are enough "what no one tells you about being a mum" books out there now that there's nothing left to write about.
It'll be a regurgitation of the Unmumsy Mums first book

I have 4 month old twins - they're my first children and I haven't bought a single book on motherhood. Why do I need to read about other people's mothering? 😂 It's such a weird trend IMO. I've read one of Louise's books and it was genuinely the crappest attempt at fiction I have ever read. You can tell she is her charavter. And I completely agree with you @Mooncalf I have a PhD in my field and it was still hellish to get a book published! It took me years of hard work. It makes me so angry that publishers give all these deals to influencers when there are hardworking authors who cannot catch a break and end up self publishing (which is what Louise should do).I will never take parenting advice from someone who mother's for one day a week. Its bullshit.
Completely agree...if you ever get spare moments to read then why not throw yourself into something with thrill, excitement and escapism rather than reading about mothering. My friend lent me a parenting book by Myleene Klass when my baby was born (12 years ago) I read bits to seem polite in case she asked me about it and it was preachy drivel about her wonderful life and partner - who subsequently had an affair and left her

Last edited:
I hate the fake voice she uses to talk to Darcy and Pearl. You can definitely tell she finds it awkward being around her kids. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old and I use my normal voice with them, I don't feel the need to put on a persona and keep asking them what they think of things. "is that nice Pearl? What do you think Darcy?" eugh I hate it.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.