Louise Pentland #7 another shareable, cooking is terrible, hashtag captions #unbearable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s acting as though nothing is happening in the world right now, it’s all about her. I notice she’s turned off the comments on her latest grid post.. wonder if people were saying the same?
i can still comment on her grid post.. i don't see any negative comments unless she deleted them

Reactions: 1
She s suggested the same repetitive shite... Plus size...homey stuff... Lazy you do sweet fanny adams at home other than sit on your ars e on a sofa or bed... Sorry incorrect terminology... Soft office of a boss woman😂

Reactions: 4
Not sure if anyone has posted this before...

Bonnier Books UK has announced a raft of new books by Louise Pentland publishing across its adult non-fiction, adult fiction and children’s fiction imprints. World rights for the books were acquired from Abigail Bergstrom, head of publishing, at Gleam Titles.

A new motherhood memoir, acquired by Beth Eynon, senior editor of Blink Publishing, will be released in August 2020. Focusing on "what nobody ever tells you about being a mum", Pentland looks at her own parenting journey with "honest, hilarious, and heart-warming truth", reads the synopsis. "From a traumatic birth with her first daughter, to single motherhood, to finding love again and having a second child, Louise discusses the realities many working mums face, and the impact of maternal mental health."

Eynon said: "I am incredibly excited to be working with Louise on her first non-fiction book in five years. A beautiful and heart-warming memoir about her experience with motherhood – it will be full of the warmth, humour and positivity she is known for. Louise will also delve into her past, remembering her own mum and how losing her at such an early age shaped the mother she has become. We are so proud to be working with Louise on a truly special book."

Bonnier Books UK will continue to publish Pentland’s fiction, with a new title to publish in 2021 under the Zaffre imprint. Pentland will also write children’s fiction, with two titles due in 2022 and 2023 respectively from Piccadilly Press.

Sarah Bauer, senior editor at Bonnier Books UK, said: "I have loved working with Louise on the Wilde trilogy, she is a natural and talented storyteller and her writing is so warm, funny and relatable. I am thrilled that we’ll be publishing a new novel together next year: readers are in for such a treat! I am so excited to collaborate with my colleagues across all divisions of Bonnier Books UK on Louise’s publishing, in what I hope is the first of many deals of its type."

Felicity Alexander, senior commissioning editor for Piccadilly Press, added: "We couldn’t be more delighted to be part of this Bonnier Books UK group acquisition for Louise’s work. We look forward to publishing her children’s books in the next few years."

Pentland said: "I am absolutely thrilled to continue working with Bonnier Books UK on my publishing projects. Re-entering the non-fiction space with them on such a personal memoir has been a delight and their encouragement and invaluable guidance has been truly amazing. I trust them not only with this story but also with helping me bring to life further works from the world of Robin Wilde in the form of children's fiction. I look forward to continuing this long-standing relationship with the very best in the business

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Louise's non-fiction book on motherhood
Chapter : Parenting doesn't come naturally to me
Chapter 2 : I can only make cheesy pasta
Chapter 3 : I sold my children's lives online for trips to London
Chapter 4 : How to not have a break down when your children's room isn't insta friendly
Chapter 5 : taking your daughter to Disney world every year makes everything better 😂😂 don't waste your pennies ladies!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
sorry, did that say positivity she's known for? she always complains! :rolleyes: and "the realities of working mums" what does she know about being a working mum? she chooses her own hours and works from home?

I had to unfollow her private group ‘lockdown lovelies’ after the whole Dominic Cummings statement came out. I understand it’s a group to spread positivity but after one poster was talking about it in a civilised way just communicating how irritated they were. Louise later made a post asking the political chat to stop as “anger is like holding on to a hot stone, it only hurts you”. Being angry (quite rightly in my opinion) that a white man in power is able to lie and bend the rules with no consequences to his job while there are 1000s of us struggling while sticking to the rules. Hot stone anger is not always the case, my anger about so many things is not only hurting me. While I understand the sentiment that has with ‘petty anger’ telling others that their anger or indeed other feelings should simply be let go was enough for me to leave the group for good. Lots of nice girls on there spreading kindness but I don’t appreciate her post. Life can’t always be sugar coated.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I had to unfollow her private group ‘lockdown lovelies’ after the whole Dominic Cummings statement came out. I understand it’s a group to spread positivity but after one poster was talking about it in a civilised way just communicating how irritated they were. Louise later made a post asking the political chat to stop as “anger is like holding on to a hot stone, it only hurts you”. Being angry (quite rightly in my opinion) that a white man in power is able to lie and bend the rules with no consequences to his job while there are 1000s of us struggling while sticking to the rules. Hot stone anger is not always the case, my anger about so many things is not only hurting me. While I understand the sentiment that has with ‘petty anger’ telling others that their anger or indeed other feelings should simply be let go was enough for me to leave the group for good. Lots of nice girls on there spreading kindness but I don’t appreciate her post. Life can’t always be sugar coated.
She's telling people to let go their anger/other feelings, yet she is still every so often making extremely rude hateful public Instagram posts essentially slagging off her father for the abuse she suffered from her step mother. She's clearly still angry about that. She's sounding rather hypocritical there to me. Because people have every right to be angry about what Dominic Cummings did, the government set the lockdown rules and government members and their associated colleagues should be following those rules as a minimum standard.

Reactions: 17
i think that jane was her mums name (or at least part of it) and she said that she wanted darcy to feel included/connected with the new baby? something along those lines..
neither me or my brother have middles names 🤷‍♀️
IIRC it was to keep them connected as they don’t have the same last name?

Reactions: 3
She's telling people to let go their anger/other feelings, yet she is still every so often making extremely rude hateful public Instagram posts essentially slagging off her father for the abuse she suffered from her step mother. She's clearly still angry about that. She's sounding rather hypocritical there to me. Because people have every right to be angry about what Dominic Cummings did, the government set the lockdown rules and government members and their associated colleagues should be following those rules as a minimum standard.
There are things in my life that I would very much like to let go and stop being angry/upset about so I understand the use of the term in those more personal cases.
But I won’t stop being (passionately) angry about the state of our government, About protesting for Black lives matter, women’s rights, lgbtq+ rights and so on. Being passionately angry about something is different to sulking or coming to terms with the fact you don’t have to carry your past demons with you. I wish louise could have understood that someone was just venting their frustration and getting similar and supportive comments, instead of shutting down that topic because it wasn’t positive.

(sorry this is a bit more deep than the usual messages on here I just needed to voice some frustration myself)

Reactions: 11
There are things in my life that I would very much like to let go and stop being angry/upset about so I understand the use of the term in those more personal cases.
But I won’t stop being (passionately) angry about the state of our government, About protesting for Black lives matter, women’s rights, lgbtq+ rights and so on. Being passionately angry about something is different to sulking or coming to terms with the fact you don’t have to carry your past demons with you. I wish louise could have understood that someone was just venting their frustration and getting similar and supportive comments, instead of shutting down that topic because it wasn’t positive.

(sorry this is a bit more deep than the usual messages on here I just needed to voice some frustration myself)
Next time she makes a post about pearl being "hard to mother" we should comment something just as unhelpful and high and mighty. I'm sure she won't take that advice !

• Haha
  • Heart
There’s talk over on Zoe’s thread about her joining strictly (if she was ever asked and accepted) and it’s made me think of Louise. She’s been BEGGING to go on it, she can’t even parent her own children atm, how would she ever manage training full time AND being a mum (god forbid) she would leave by week 2. Now to mention how tit she would be - I’ve seen her jig from side to side before and she ain’t good.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not sure if anyone has posted this before...

Bonnier Books UK has announced a raft of new books by Louise Pentland publishing across its adult non-fiction, adult fiction and children’s fiction imprints. World rights for the books were acquired from Abigail Bergstrom, head of publishing, at Gleam Titles.

A new motherhood memoir, acquired by Beth Eynon, senior editor of Blink Publishing, will be released in August 2020. Focusing on "what nobody ever tells you about being a mum", Pentland looks at her own parenting journey with "honest, hilarious, and heart-warming truth", reads the synopsis. "From a traumatic birth with her first daughter, to single motherhood, to finding love again and having a second child, Louise discusses the realities many working mums face, and the impact of maternal mental health."

Eynon said: "I am incredibly excited to be working with Louise on her first non-fiction book in five years. A beautiful and heart-warming memoir about her experience with motherhood – it will be full of the warmth, humour and positivity she is known for. Louise will also delve into her past, remembering her own mum and how losing her at such an early age shaped the mother she has become. We are so proud to be working with Louise on a truly special book."

Bonnier Books UK will continue to publish Pentland’s fiction, with a new title to publish in 2021 under the Zaffre imprint. Pentland will also write children’s fiction, with two titles due in 2022 and 2023 respectively from Piccadilly Press.

Sarah Bauer, senior editor at Bonnier Books UK, said: "I have loved working with Louise on the Wilde trilogy, she is a natural and talented storyteller and her writing is so warm, funny and relatable. I am thrilled that we’ll be publishing a new novel together next year: readers are in for such a treat! I am so excited to collaborate with my colleagues across all divisions of Bonnier Books UK on Louise’s publishing, in what I hope is the first of many deals of its type."

Felicity Alexander, senior commissioning editor for Piccadilly Press, added: "We couldn’t be more delighted to be part of this Bonnier Books UK group acquisition for Louise’s work. We look forward to publishing her children’s books in the next few years."

Pentland said: "I am absolutely thrilled to continue working with Bonnier Books UK on my publishing projects. Re-entering the non-fiction space with them on such a personal memoir has been a delight and their encouragement and invaluable guidance has been truly amazing. I trust them not only with this story but also with helping me bring to life further works from the world of Robin Wilde in the form of children's fiction. I look forward to continuing this long-standing relationship with the very best in the business
Surely there are enough "what no one tells you about being a mum" books out there now that there's nothing left to write about.

Reactions: 12
I just feel bad for al the genuinely talented authors out there who don’t get a ‘raft’ of books picked up by publishers

• Heart
Her new book sounds shite. She openly calls her toddler ‘hard to mother’, one of her kids is only there 3.5 days a week and she has a nanny. Oh and not forgetting the fact her fella has to sit in a car to get some peace n quiet from the toddler. Why would I want advice from someone like that?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
It will always piss me off on a purely selfish level that Louise has so many book deals when her writing is shite and she has no original voice when I studied creative writing at uni, I know I have at least some talent, I just haven't had the drive (and time) to finish something worth considering sending to publishers, and she gets all these book deals offered to her when I would have to have a practically perfect manuscript to even get an agent or publisher to even consider looking at it. But that's just me, anger like a hot stone or whatever crap she spouted earlier, that's what happens when you have a following and publishers need to make money. I'm sure plenty people at her publishing company will admit behind closed doors that she isn't a good writer, but she's a good moneymaker. I wonder if Louise knows that, or if she genuinely is deluded enough to think she'd stand a chance if she had no following and was sending in manuscripts like the rest of the aspiring authors.

A book on motherhood is also probably going to be such bullshit, she has admitted that she only even parents on her 'mummy day' on Tuesdays, and when she was a 'single mother' she really wasn't because she shared 50/50 custody with her ex husband who is still very much in Darcy's life. That's hardly single parenting, that's still parenting together even though you're divorced. Try having your kids 100% of the time, and not having the financial capability to get childcare so you can sit in your soft office, and then write a book on what it's like.

• Heart
Surely there are enough "what no one tells you about being a mum" books out there now that there's nothing left to write about.
Ugh I agree. I’m so over all the #relatable “oh whoops look, I spilt wine on my newborn’s head”, “let’s all just admit that kids can be twats even though we are so #blessed”. I’m a mum of two under 4 so I’m probably within the target audience and I’m OVER it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Song lyrics I often think of in times like this is 'Anger, can be power if you know how you can use it'

Unfortunately I think Louise suffers greatly from toxic positivity where even the slight inkling of negative emotion must be eradicated.

There’s talk over on Zoe’s thread about her joining strictly (if she was ever asked and accepted) and it’s made me think of Louise. She’s been BEGGING to go on it, she can’t even parent her own children atm, how would she ever manage training full time AND being a mum (god forbid) she would leave by week 2. Now to mention how tit she would be - I’ve seen her jig from side to side before and she ain’t good.
It would be the Gemma Collins on ice all over again !

• Haha
I had forgotten she only calls Tuesday's " mummy days" !!!!! A book on mum parenting??? How far from a normal mum parent she be in her huge house, cleaner, nanny ,soft office??? Louise get out of your own arse. I will make the effort to post my opinions wherever I can on book websites or Amazon etc ... This book tit has really pissed me off😠😠😠😠

Reactions: 8
I have 4 month old twins - they're my first children and I haven't bought a single book on motherhood. Why do I need to read about other people's mothering? 😂 It's such a weird trend IMO. I've read one of Louise's books and it was genuinely the crappest attempt at fiction I have ever read. You can tell she is her charavter. And I completely agree with you @Mooncalf I have a PhD in my field and it was still hellish to get a book published! It took me years of hard work. It makes me so angry that publishers give all these deals to influencers when there are hardworking authors who cannot catch a break and end up self publishing (which is what Louise should do).I will never take parenting advice from someone who mother's for one day a week. Its bullshit.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.