Louise Pentland #3 It’s a no from the BBC & the book didn't make the top 3!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So her cousins kid who has went with Louise is visiting Disney for the first time without her dad there. Now I am all for mummy/daughter times but as a parent I wouldn’t want to miss my child’s first time at Disney. If I had a son and my husband (not that I have one lol) suggested they go to Disney just the two of them I would be a bit miffed at being left out of that experience. That’s just me though.
I'd be thrilled. I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than go to Disney ;)

Reactions: 7
I feel Louise puts a lot of her own insecurities she has towards her Dad onto her relationship with Darcy. Parents never want their children to experience the negatives they may have had growing up, however taking Darcy all the way to Florida (twice this year) for 1-2-1 time is a little much. Fair enough Disney is becoming their thing, but why not Disneyland Paris instead for 3/4 days.

You can guarantee by the weekend she’ll be saying how much she misses Pearl and Liam. Well Louise, they could have come with you!

Reactions: 5
Is she in America?!? Gawd I thought it was Paris. I wouldn’t be happy with half the family going that far abroad

Reactions: 4
I’m sorry but visiting Disney, especially US Disney twice in one year (correct me if I’m wrong about that ) is totally excessive. Darcy will become spoiled or at least complacent about something that should be a huge treat. Sure it’s a nice to have a holiday in half term but take your kid somewhere else ffs.

Reactions: 8
The podcast is still on then, we’ve heard nothing about it for months!

I think this trip was definitely an attempt to one up the wedding, tbh. Not in an, I’m jealous, way though - more for Darcy. otherwise why not invite the rest of the family. I’m sure Darcy would have loved and been excited for Disney a lot more if she knew her little sister was going and could show her the ropes so to speak!

The podcast is still on then, we’ve heard nothing about it for months!

I think this trip was definitely an attempt to one up the wedding, tbh. Not in an, I’m jealous, way though - more for Darcy. otherwise why not invite the rest of the family. I’m sure Darcy would have loved and been excited for Disney a lot more if she knew her little sister was going and could show her the ropes so to speak!
Ah but as with many things Louise does it’s as much a treat for her. Honestly probably more. Darcy is her justification but she makes no secret of her childlike obsession with the place. So of course she wouldn’t want to be stuck pushing a pram all over the place. Oh and it’s her and Darcy’s special ‘thing.’ Of course. Again.

She went to Disney last year with Darcey for girlie time. I wonder when she's going to let Pearlie accompany them?
Not that but will she take perl one on one when she gets older? I cant see that going down well with darcey, or taking two seprate trips with each girl.

Reactions: 3
Am I the only one who thinks Disney would be hell on Earth? Maybe it's because I don't have children or never really got the Disney obsession but I can't really imagine anywhere worse 😂 I've always found it really strange when adults were obsessed with it, like when Carrie Hope Fletcher cries when she sees the castle

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Am I the only one who thinks Disney would be hell on Earth? Maybe it's because I don't have children or never really got the Disney obsession but I can't really imagine anywhere worse 😂 I've always found it really strange when adults were obsessed with it, like when Carrie Hope Fletcher cries when she sees the castle
I have children and still think it would be hell on earth 😂 I really don't get the obsession with it at all.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry but visiting Disney, especially US Disney twice in one year (correct me if I’m wrong about that ) is totally excessive. Darcy will become spoiled or at least complacent about something that should be a huge treat. Sure it’s a nice to have a holiday in half term but take your kid somewhere else ffs.
As an American who lives in the southeast (my state touches the panhandle of FL), I can tell you it’s not common or even financially feasible for the majority of us to go to Disney once every few years, much less twice in one year (and most of us drive there to save money).

It’s unbelievably expensive, what she’s doing. I mean, it’s her money and she can blow it however she likes, I just think it’s a bit excessive and unnecessary [emoji2372]

• Wow
Reactions: 7
As an American who lives in the southeast (my state touches the panhandle of FL), I can tell you it’s not common or even financially feasible for the majority of us to go to Disney once every few years, much less twice in one year (and most of us drive there to save money).

It’s unbelievably expensive, what she’s doing. I mean, it’s her money and she can blow it however she likes, I just think it’s a bit excessive and unnecessary [emoji2372]
Exactly! It’s a treat for a local even. Then add two air fares between £500-800 ... presuming she flys economy....

They must be the most boring couple ever. They make Zalfie look like a ball of fun🙄
TRUTH. I watched one of their vlogs and it was the most painful experience. It was like they were on a bad first date the whole way through and neither could think of anything to say.

Re: the many Disney trips, I can’t see that Darcy will still find it very magical. Most people go once or maybe twice in their whole childhood and it’s the most once in a lifetime special adventure ever. To her it’ll be the equivalent of an all inclusive in Spain at this point.

Reactions: 6
TRUTH. I watched one of their vlogs and it was the most painful experience. It was like they were on a bad first date the whole way through and neither could think of anything to say.

Re: the many Disney trips, I can’t see that Darcy will still find it very magical. Most people go once or maybe twice in their whole childhood and it’s the most once in a lifetime special adventure ever. To her it’ll be the equivalent of an all inclusive in Spain at this point.
Yep, I went once as a kid to Disney in Florida for my 7th birthday. To this day, I still have memories of it being really magical. I am now 27. Haha.

Yep, I went once as a kid to Disney in Florida for my 7th birthday. To this day, I still have memories of it being really magical. I am now 27. Haha.
Aw same! I’m in my 30s and I went when I was 11 and it felt like the biggest thing ever. I think for Louise it’s more for her than she lets on.

Aw same! I’m in my 30s and I went when I was 11 and it felt like the biggest thing ever. I think for Louise it’s more for her than she lets on.
Yeah how much do you bet she went there with her mum? Seems a bit like armchair psychology but she is quite predictable...

Glad we all agree on Disney. I remember how exciting it was when a kid in my class would get to go from London to Disneyland Paris and how jealous everyone else was . Only a few of the super lucky kids with richer parents might go to Florida, once.
I never knew anyone to go to California. But i think that’s so much better honestly. I was never allowed to go to any Disney Park but almost wet myself with excitement at legoland Windsor. It’s all about the levels of expectation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.