Louise Pentland #3 It’s a no from the BBC & the book didn't make the top 3!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had never heard of this Devon but had a look on her Instagram. What does she do for a living?

Odd yesterday people asking how old she is..it says 28 on her bio or has she just updated it?

She’s very plain but then Louise’s ex is nothing to write home about. He actually looks just like one of my kids Teachers who is gay!

I see she cut her hair off and donated it. Think she looked better with the long hair.

Reactions: 6
I think you might’ve read it wrong. I read it that all these treats and trips so close together just might make Darcy a bit spoilt. I don’t really feel like Louise is famous enough for Darcy to be famous in her own right when she’s an adult and so the bump down to reality, so to speak, may make her a bit of an entitled adult. It’s a worry that a lot of YouTube vlogger kids are going to end up the same way though IMO, not just Darcy.
That's a really interesting point, actually - thinking about the long-term future for these kids. There's been a lot of talk about how they will feel about the exposure as children when they become teenagers, and how it will affect them in terms of potential singling out by bullies, but yes, how will it affect them as they move into adulthood? I dread to think what sort of adult Emilia Saccone Joly will turn into, for example, what a frightening thought!

Reactions: 8
The timing of this Disney trip is actually quite cruel.

I kind of feel for Devon, couldn't Louise just let them have their moment for a few more days?!!

Reactions: 7
The timing of this Disney trip is actually quite cruel.

I kind of feel for Devon, couldn't Louise just let them have their moment for a few more days?!!
I agree - at the end of the day they're married now, this is (we have to assume) Devon's one wedding day & Darcy is her step daughter now. And now Darcy will probably barely remember the wedding because it will naturally be overshadowed by this amazing holiday.

Even if it's not intentional (🙄) I really would've scheduled the trip for another time purely to avoid everyone making the obvious assumption that it's out of pettiness.

She went to Disney last year with Darcey for girlie time. I wonder when she's going to let Pearlie accompany them?

Reactions: 5
Maybe in her own weird misguided way Louise is doing it to distract Darcy from any feelings of weirdness about her dad marrying someone else. Although that would probably be unnecessary because Matt and Devon have been together years now.

Can’t believe I just defended a ‘guru’. I must be off my meds. Off to go and call someone a fugly slut.

I agree - at the end of the day they're married now, this is (we have to assume) Devon's one wedding day & Darcy is her step daughter now. And now Darcy will probably barely remember the wedding because it will naturally be overshadowed by this amazing holiday.

Even if it's not intentional (🙄) I really would've scheduled the trip for another time purely to avoid everyone making the obvious assumption that it's out of pettiness.
I think I saw on Devon's insta that her and Matt have gone away for a few days.

Will the wedding be overshadowed by an amazing holiday? I don't think so. Like I said in an earlier post, she has come to expect these "suprises" from her mother and they are part of her lifestyle.

Its like having chocolate every day- its not a treat anymore its just chocolate, you appreciate it more if you've had a week of just fruit.

Reactions: 3
I think I saw on Devon's insta that her and Matt have gone away for a few days.

Will the wedding be overshadowed by an amazing holiday? I don't think so. Like I said in an earlier post, she has come to expect these "suprises" from her mother and they are part of her lifestyle.

Its like having chocolate every day- its not a treat anymore its just chocolate, you appreciate it more if you've had a week of just fruit.
I didn't mean it would be overshadowed for Devon & Matt - I hope they enjoy their few days away 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I also don’t see it as a particularly huge deal that Devon posts pics on Darcy. It’s not so unusual for step parents to do so from what i’ve seen online. The ship has long sailed to try and put some kind of lock down on Darcy’s exposure online. She is recognised largely by Louise’s following and is still a commonly used gif.

I also don’t see it as a particularly huge deal that Devon posts pics on Darcy. It’s not so unusual for step parents to do so from what i’ve seen online. The ship has long sailed to try and put some kind of lock down on Darcy’s exposure online. She is recognised largely by Louise’s following and is still a commonly used gif.

Oh, so that toddler doing the eye roll/head roll gif IS Darcy.

I was never sure if it actually was her or not.

I didn't mean it would be overshadowed for Devon & Matt - I hope they enjoy their few days away 🤷‍♀️
I think that Darcy has the best of both worlds, I just am worried by the public aspects of the "Watson's" lifestyle. Why aren't their accounts private?

The holiday that Louise has taken Darcy on is to make Louise feel better about her failed marriage and the new "step-mother" that is in Darcy's life.

I think that Darcy has the best of both worlds, I just am worried by the public aspects of the "Watson's" lifestyle. Why aren't their accounts private?

The holiday that Louise has taken Darcy on is to make Louise feel better about her failed marriage and the new "step-mother" that is in Darcy's life.
Not saying she's in the right here - but I guess it's toughfor Louise ad she had such a bad experience with her own stepmother

Not saying she's in the right here - but I guess it's toughfor Louise ad she had such a bad experience with her own stepmother
As a stepmother myself I get all aspects of this, but I think Louise needs to be more self aware of her own actions and how they impact those around her? How is Pearl going to feel when she doesn't get two girls only trips to Florida when she is 8?

Reactions: 5
As a stepmother myself I get all aspects of this, but I think Louise needs to be more self aware of her own actions and how they impact those around her? How is Pearl going to feel when she doesn't get two girls only trips to Florida when she is 8?
Going on holiday isn’t the answer to everything. It’s a temporary break but the underlying problems are still there.

I guess it's possible that Louise booked this holiday before Matt booked his wedding?
I wonder how they work it for holidays when he's a Teacher so get the same holidays as Darcy? Obviously this year he's married and on his honeymoon but if she booked it in advance, it would have had to be agreed that it was her turn to have Darcy this half term?

You can see from the ‘surprise reveal’ that Darcy isn’t that surprised or excited by it — just a quick ‘oh yaaay’ as if it’s routine.

Reactions: 9
I’m gonna be a witch and say that Devon and Matt’s wedding looks like the most depressing budget shotgun wedding ever.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.