Louise Pentland #22 Novie who?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This may be a bit left-field and controversial, but does anyone else get the impression that Louises life of 'abuse' is possibly slightlyyyy exaggerated? It came to my mind after the video about her dad saying her getting off the bed was an earthquake. I feel like she's been through what a lot of us have growing up in the 70's/80's/90's. Parents didn't always have the knowledge they have now. Being smacked, dragged by the ear for making a mess, some jibes were pretty normal, at least for me and my friends. My mother once threw a plate with a sandwich when I spat it out and told her it was disgusting. That would now be classed as abuse but honestly, it was just the way it was back then. My mother is amazing and we have a fabulous relationship. It was just how things were done. Parents usually parented how their own parents did. I have a feeling the abuse she suffered was more mild than she makes out. I don't doubt her step mother was a witch to her, and I 100% think her dad moving on so fast was wrong BUT I think THAT was the biggest trauma for Louise. Loosing her mother, having a new woman in the home she didn't like, her father moving on was a big problem. I think a lot of Louises recollections of life events are just through the eyes of a grieving child who has now become very namby pamby and overly 'gentle parenting' esque - and the life events are being embellished in books and on the internet for a profit. I imagine the abuser was just a very bitter and strict Persian mother. Of course, I could be totally wrong and Louise really was severely abused, But I just can't see it happening in the dynamic its being told in. Just my two pence.

Reactions: 19
As a fattie myself 😂 I grew up with my whole family talking about my weight, my mums outright called me a fat witch multiple times when I was a teenager and I’m nearly 30 and it still happens.

So I can’t help but feel for Louise as it’s honestly traumatic when people especially your family talk about you like that. I think unless you’ve been through it you don’t know what it’s like.

That earthquake comment is bleeping vile coming from a parent.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
This may be a bit left-field and controversial, but does anyone else get the impression that Louises life of 'abuse' is possibly slightlyyyy exaggerated? It came to my mind after the video about her dad saying her getting off the bed was an earthquake. I feel like she's been through what a lot of us have growing up in the 70's/80's/90's. Parents didn't always have the knowledge they have now. Being smacked, dragged by the ear for making a mess, some jibes were pretty normal, at least for me and my friends. My mother once threw a plate with a sandwich when I spat it out and told her it was disgusting. That would now be classed as abuse but honestly, it was just the way it was back then. My mother is amazing and we have a fabulous relationship. It was just how things were done. Parents usually parented how their own parents did. I have a feeling the abuse she suffered was more mild than she makes out. I don't doubt her step mother was a witch to her, and I 100% think her dad moving on so fast was wrong BUT I think THAT was the biggest trauma for Louise. Loosing her mother, having a new woman in the home she didn't like, her father moving on was a big problem. I think a lot of Louises recollections of life events are just through the eyes of a grieving child who has now become very namby pamby and overly 'gentle parenting' esque - and the life events are being embellished in books and on the internet for a profit. I imagine the abuser was just a very bitter and strict Persian mother. Of course, I could be totally wrong and Louise really was severely abused, But I just can't see it happening in the dynamic its being told in. Just my two pence.
I get what you’re saying, my parents were born in the early 1950s. They carry their own unresolved trauma and are emotionally unavailable etc. But I was still neglected and abused. It was subtle and some people may think my feelings towards it are exaggerated or I am just being too soft, but the impact of my adult life has been huge.
What Louise has described is abuse. She was locked in her room and beaten. This all happened when her dad was away working so he didn’t know about it. This woman had plenty of opportunities to abuse Louise.
The reason that it happens, generational trauma or cultural heritage for example, doesn’t make it okay or take away from the trauma then suffered by their victims. This woman wanted her dad and Louise was an inconvenience so she punished her. The absence of her dad and this woman being an abuser is the dynamic.
I believe her because she now behaves like a person with unprocessed trauma.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
What is the earthquake story? If it was on tik tok I won't have seen as I don't have it. As a current fatty myself comments from childhood definitely stick and change who you are as an adult. If they are carried on into adulthood that's even worse.

Reactions: 6
What is the earthquake story? If it was on tik tok I won't have seen as I don't have it. As a current fatty myself comments from childhood definitely stick and change who you are as an adult. If they are carried on into adulthood that's even worse.
There was an earthquake and Louises dad thought it was her falling off the bed

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I disagree. Not to sound like a Louise apologist, but I read the chapter in her book about the abuse she suffered and it was absolutely horrific. Her stepmother was not a “strict Persian mother”, she was an abuser, and we don’t need to minimise that abuse for any reason. Losing her mum at a young age would have been deeply traumatising, but that doesn’t mean she imagined the abuse she was subsequently subjected to. And honestly, her dad is also responsible. The timeline of the abuser coming into Louise’s life very quickly after her mum’s death is kinda sus, and he made the decision to leave his daughter with someone she barely knew while he went off on business trips throughout her childhood. It was only when she threatened to unalive herself as a teenager that he finally noticed what was going on. I agree with folks here that think she needs to either get therapy to fully resolve her issues with her dad, or go no-contact, because the flip-flopping isn’t good for anyone in that family. But I do believe her account of abuse, and appreciate that it can have a lifelong impact on any victim, no matter their resources or access to help.

Reactions: 54
The weight comments from her dad are out of order, but all of these things suddenly appearing online must mean that she has had some sort of argument with her dad. I think she will unfortunately keep going around in circles for the rest of her life unless something happens. She is delusional to think that taking your daughter’s to dance classes and Disney world is enough to undo the cycle of trauma - especially plastering their lives all over the internet too!

Reactions: 21
Many fathers are like that and make fun of a daughter like a school bully. I don't imagine there was a lot of love in that house with him and the wicked step mummy. All of that and having no mother to run to was probably very painful.

She posted on TikTok that Darcey had an audition for a West End show but didn’t get it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Louise probably had her auditioning for the main role, when Darcy would have been better off trying out for a smaller part/chorus or something.

Reactions: 17
in the same TikTok she also said she’s making time for her stickers because they bring her joy 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why would you actually post about the audition and not keep it private
Knowing Louise it’s so she can get sympathy, and also because she lives in a dream world and probably thinks Andrew Lloyd Webber will see her Instagram and offer Darcy a role or something 🙃

• Haha
She posted on TikTok that Darcey had an audition for a West End show but didn’t get it.
I don't really follow Louise much, but has Darcy been in many productions besides in-house ones that are part of her dance/drama group?

Just had a look at the post. She didn’t get a recall which means she didn’t even make the first cut.
Musical theatre is brutal and there are a LOT more talented young people out there than Darcey I’m afraid

Reactions: 21