Louise Pentland #17 #FreeDarcy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Esther too but I think it makes sense for her to ask not to involved in things like vlogs etc. I remember Louise saying that Esther doesn't have any social media so I imagine shes a pretty private person plus she has an important career and reputation so probably values her privacy even more.

However I always wonder if Esther started to distance herself from Louise as the way she was acting would have pissed me off. Calling her to come hang out when she was busy at work, having her create her content for an ad. It seemed like Louise didn't value Esther's time and expected her to run to her at the drop of a hat despite the fact Esther was/is a busy mum of 3 with her own business to run.
Louise told a porky pie about this and also Liam not having social media. They both do, they’re just private 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I really like Esther too but I think it makes sense for her to ask not to involved in things like vlogs etc. I remember Louise saying that Esther doesn't have any social media so I imagine shes a pretty private person plus she has an important career and reputation so probably values her privacy even more.

However I always wonder if Esther started to distance herself from Louise as the way she was acting would have pissed me off. Calling her to come hang out when she was busy at work, having her create her content for an ad. It seemed like Louise didn't value Esther's time and expected her to run to her at the drop of a hat despite the fact Esther was/is a busy mum of 3 with her own business to run.
If I went over to a friend’s house and was asked to help film an ad, I’d 100% be distancing myself from that friendship. Even if she knew beforehand she was going over to help with an ad, it’s still weird.

Reactions: 10
Not being funny but it wasn’t my mum who taught me to cook. I grew up and taught myself because I’m an adult and it’s a life skill
Yeah my dad was the one who cooked in our house and where I learned. But opposite end, my brother ended up doing no cooking and isn’t great at it. Parents can know their limits and don’t have to do baking or cooking with their kids but it feels like she takes the east way out a lot.

Reactions: 4
Sorry but this is Darcys first time going for a sleepover? I’d understand if it just hadn’t come up but when she’s been invited to them? I get the safety concern but c’mon Louise I don’t think you really need to be best friends with the kid’s parents to let your daughter go.
and how about the mums who don’t know you super well but you insist on the sleepovers being at yours? Oh well, suppose only you can have worries about your child’s safety.
But I’m sure Louise would never share anything about her kids with anyone she doesn’t know super well ;)
Glad she’s sticking to her morals and staying consistent on that one, eh?

such a weird explanation about sleepovers! so Darcy has been invited to sleepovers, but Louise always refuses and demands her friends sleep over at her house instead, because she's worried about Darcy's safety if she doesn't know every single person in the household well. surely that works both ways - that would also mean the friend's family don't know Louise and Liam "well", thus the implication that she is super concerned about Darcy's safety and wellbeing, while her friends parents aren't as cautious and will happily allow their kids to attend sleepovers hosted by Louise, presumably holding her NSPCC ambassador status over their heads - despite the fact that she is the one exploiting her children's privacy all over SM and placing them at risk!

and ffs, Darcy is eleven years old and has never been to a sleepover! she's only allowing her to stay at Esther's - who she has known well for years, so why has Darcy been forbidden to stay there before? it's not about safety - it's simply because Louise is beyond controlling and doesn't like Darcy spending time away from her. i wonder if she'll spend the evening posting "i miss you Darcy" messages in her stories as she does when Darcy spends time with Matt, guilting her daughter into feeling that she shouldn't have fun or enjoy herself away from Louise and placing responsibility for her happiness and "completeness" on Darcy's shoulders. 😔

Reactions: 21
Years ago, I'm talking like probably 2012. Louise had some comments on YouTube/insta which made her take Darcy offline completely because she was worried for her safety. (I'm sorry if it's already been discussed), new here. Money comes before her childrens safety I'm sure of it. It's painful to watch. I always liked Louise because I think she has actually got a personality unlike a lot of youtubers but its actually shocking how much she's changed. It's all just for money now and very boring

Reactions: 16
I'm not a parent so sometimes feel like I can't really judge but it's so weird to me that Darcy is going to her first proper sleepover at age 11? And even then it's to her mum's best friends house?

When I was that age I'd had so many sleepovers with me and just one friend, and I feel like sleepover parties were a regular thing from age 9ish upwards as well. I know a lot maybe hasn't happened due to Covid, but Darcy seems like a sociable enough child and how many must she have been invited to that she's had to miss out on because of Louise's issues.

Reactions: 12
Girlll i went to my first sleepover at 17 lmao oh to have ethnic parents 🥲

I'm not a parent so sometimes feel like I can't really judge but it's so weird to me that Darcy is going to her first proper sleepover at age 11? And even then it's to her mum's best friends house?

When I was that age I'd had so many sleepovers with me and just one friend, and I feel like sleepover parties were a regular thing from age 9ish upwards as well. I know a lot maybe hasn't happened due to Covid, but Darcy seems like a sociable enough child and how many must she have been invited to that she's had to miss out on because of Louise's issues.
i didn't have a sleepover until i was 15.. but thats because i didn't want to go to any, i preferred my own bed :LOL: (i used to go for the party in the evening and leave later, i wasn't fully left out)

Reactions: 9
I honestly think Darcy will choose to live with Matt and Devon full time. It'll break Louise but she's suffocating her daughter. Matt and Devon seem much more grounded.

Reactions: 8
I honestly think Darcy will choose to live with Matt and Devon full time. It'll break Louise but she's suffocating her daughter. Matt and Devon seem much more grounded.
but are they actually? because if Darcy hasn’t been to a sleepover before then that means they’ve never let her go to one before either.

Reactions: 3
It is strange that an 11 year old can’t spell their aunts name.

My 11 year old hasn’t been on a sleep over. He always just stays till 11pm or so and then asks to be collected. He loves his sleep.

• Haha
Again gonna chime in semi-on Louise's side. There are all sorts of parents who don't let their kids sleep over for the same sort of reasons, you just don't know what's going to happen even though in all likelihood it will probably be fine. My son is 3 and I'm still on the fence about it tbh. But with Louise happy to plaster all sorts of personal info online to take a stand with this is hypocritical for sure.

Reactions: 12
Louise is such a conundrum when it comes to safety and privacy.

Do I think she’s being overbearing by not letting Darcy go to a sleepover because she doesn’t want anything bad happening to her? Not particularly, no. I just can’t process how she can be so intense about that aspect of her children’s safety, but have her all over social media where we know adults with less than moral reasons follow mumfluencer accounts.

Like all her idiosyncrasies I guess it comes from her childhood, but they’re often so conflicting.

Reactions: 19
I feel like Louise has so many avenues she could go down for content that would be relatable, refreshing, and also not violate the privacy of her children. If she stopped pretending that being a fully grown adult who can’t cook was a fun quirk and actually addressed it, she could really inspire a lot of people to learn too. I think a lot of us end up missing out on those kinds of ‘milestones’ and have trouble knowing where to start, and she could comfort and motivate people whilst learning herself.

Similarly, a lot of mums end up (unhealthily) revolving their whole lives around their children. Louise knows she lives vicariously through her children with the whole dance thing - why doesn’t she use the copious amounts of spare time and money she has to go to a dance class? It’d set a great example.

That thing about sleepovers is utterly hilarious given the fact that we know a) how quickly Liam moved in, and b) the fact that her children’s school, dance school, rough schedule and other personal info are all online thanks to her.

Reactions: 14
I think Louise is worried about this and is why she's always going on about missing Darcy so much when she's at her Dad's. It might guilt her into wanting to spend more time at her Mum's, or go the other way and make her want to spend more time at her Dad's.

Reactions: 9
By saying Louisa she doesn’t like Darcy going to sleepovers when she (Louise) doesn’t know everyone there, is she saying she’s worried that someone might assault Darcy or it’s more to do with her being an internet famous child? Because if it’s the former she needs therapy and if it’s the latter it’s her own fecking fault for putting Darcy all over the internet in the first place, she only has herself to blame for her child’s lack of safety and how recognisable she is!

Reactions: 2
By saying Louisa she doesn’t like Darcy going to sleepovers when she (Louise) doesn’t know everyone there, is she saying she’s worried that someone might assault Darcy or it’s more to do with her being an internet famous child? Because if it’s the former she needs therapy and if it’s the latter it’s her own fecking fault for putting Darcy all over the internet in the first place, she only has herself to blame for her child’s lack of safety and how recognisable she is!
I think it’s the former and she already has a therapist! 🙈 But ultimately the huge contradiction is that Darcy is paraded on the internet as you said.

It is a parents decision, but it’s a shame because Darcy does seem sociable and that should be encouraged not stifled! Darcy is going to grow up to be an anxious adult if Louise continues to project her anxieties onto Darcy rather than dealing with them in therapy.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.