Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DaysOfSpeed

VIP Member
Honestly I wish I could post my photo with her so you could all see what I mean. I was fuming that this woman was charging people so much money to meet her and then not standing up to even pose for a nice photo. And the way she treated that woman has stuck with me, and this happened 3 years ago!!
I get the feeling she’s the kind to have made you squat and be pose awkwardly, so she definitely looked better than you.

Reactions: 2

Public transport almost always has annoying people lol thats why you put on your big girl headphones and go your way, easy as that 🤷🏽‍♀️

ilovegrapes75

Chatty Member
A few years ago she did a sponsored deal with Specsavers. Someone close to me was working there at the time she came in to film a video and found out from the staff that were there on the day that she was just awful. Keep in mind this was an open and functioning opticians, trying to serve patients, she kept complaining to staff who were also in the video that they were 'in her light', and they couldn't wait for her to leave.

It's at around 5:00
You know what's funny is I clicked to watch that and I can see that I already downvoted it. I clicked to the 5 minute mark and I can remember thinking she was acting like a twit.

DaysOfSpeed

VIP Member
I don’t understand what she means by now the volume and content of the music has escalated, if they were with her she’d say something. Would she not have said something if they were with her when it was initially bothering her? Does she let her children be loud and make her uncomfortable in public without saying anything?

anon1405

Chatty Member
I totally agree. I feel like the effect it's going to have on Darcy is just as bad - Darcy had an identity and then was suddenly forced to share it.
Also, I get wanting to give your kids 'honour' names for family members. My first name is an honour name. I go by my middle name because whilst it's nice to honour a family member, I am not that family member and I want to be my own person. I feel like Darcy and Pearl don't really get that, and I'm sure there's other women in Louise/Liam's lives that they could have chosen to honour instead.
Off topic slightly but related to the above point.

I’m four months pregnant and my baby boy is having a fully honoured name after mine and my partner’s Grandads. His first name will be my (living) Grandad’s name - Grandad is 90 and my absolute hero. He’s named after his dad, and so on and so on.

The second name is my parents’ Grandads who I was fortunate enough to meet and love (fortunately they share the name!) and the third name is my partner’s Grandad - which my partner and his dad also have as their middle names.

Do you think the massive age difference, and the fact the second two people being honoured are no longer with us, will help our boy find his own identity?

I’m just named my name because my parents liked it and I’ve always wanted a story / a namesake so that explains my choice but your point does make sense and I’m a little concerned now.

AL10

VIP Member
Nah, it is simple. The girls are underage per cruise policy to be in a cabin alone and Lady Louise has been gifted two cabins at a ridiculous cost. Demonstrating again why using bloody influencers gives a false impression of the holiday.
That’s fair enough if it’s policy on a cruise, I take my criticism back about the room sharing. I’d never be able to afford a cruise so have no idea about their policies etc 😂

Laughingforlife

VIP Member
Do we think that Darcy will begin to rebel when she gets to secondary? It usually happens since at that age they suddenly think they're really cool, but they're just trying out new identities I suppose.

I do understand if she's too scared to disobey Louise though.

Or do we think Pearl has more spirit in that area?

Lemonz

VIP Member
How long do we really think this new, improved, redone kitchen will last? 6 months? A year?

Does anyone else remember when Louise had her bedroom painted three times in the space of a few months? I think it was when she was pregnant with Pearl or shortly after Pearl was born. At first it was a dark blue, then one pink, then another pink. This woman has far too much free time on her hands and so she spends her time shopping or endlessly redoing the house. She has a downstairs living area next to the kitchen/dining area, another living room where they put a TV in the fireplace, and her office which is now also a third living room? She kept switching the girls back and forth between bedrooms and now they're sharing a room. The garden landscaping has been fussed with. She wanted to rip out all the floor tiles downstairs to install heated flooring but was told they couldn't. She has rental properties she renovates. All this for a woman who doesn't have an artistic eye or a sense of timeless decor you don't have to keep reupping with tat every few months.

I really don't think mumfluencing is the ideal job for Louise. Her life just isn't interesting. She loves to talk about being a boss bitch and being a business owner but her business produces nothing. Her books aren't very good, her attempts at podcasting aren't very good, her content seems to be gifted trips to Centre Parks and Disney or playing dressup with the girls. Your children should not be your main source of content or income. They're children. Their job is to be children.

I wish she would have gone into PR or marketing at the height of her Youtube career and then just stopped making content except for the occasional vlog. I'm sure she'd enjoy dressing nicely and going into an office and having meetings and if she had an actual career she could do that, as opposed to renting local office space because she can't stand to work in any of her home office spaces and trying to hire an assistant to fetch hundreds of cans of coke.

I don't know if any of you ever watched Kristina Horner but she leveraged her Youtube success and online ventures into getting a job at Microsoft in 2014 as a content creator/ content manager. She's since then built herself a nice career in various community management positions at Microsoft, gotten married, bought a house, and had a baby, all while slowly phasing out of being a content creator herself. Online success is such a lightning in a bottle experience and you should always prepare yourself for it to vanish at any time. I think more online creators would do well for themselves if they slowly transitioned into being behind the scenes people managing up and coming talent or other company's social media accounts rather than trying to continue Being the Content themselves.
Agree with all of this - i dont think she's quite Microsoft level but i could see her doing it for supermarkets, kids retail etc, she'd probably love that!

kbjhguih

VIP Member
I’m getting more and more confused about what was going through the Disney marketing team’s minds. I keep expecting to see something new but all this content is so similar to what she posted the last time she was there… it isn’t Louise’s fault (exploiting her child even when she’s sleeping is though!), but I’m just wondering if anyone will actually book a Disney holiday because of this.

Semi-related: there’s now footage of an employee in Paris snatching a ring off someone who had permission to propose where they were proposing, they were booed by other guests. You’d think Disney would get things like that under control before giving free holidays to people who make content for them even when paying.
I imagine Walt Disney and Disneyland Paris have entirely different marketing / PR / media control teams though … also Disneyland Paris is notorious for not living up to the American parks. Don’t know how true it is, but I heard it wasn’t that long ago that Disney got the full ‘rights’ to the park or something along those lines.

sangariana

Chatty Member
It’s a condition of travel with certainty P&O that anyone under 16 has to have an adult in their room at all times. Not sure with Iona as it’s so new but the rooms are quite cramped when the sofa or pull down beds have been converted for night though I think there is a considerable price difference by opting for one room than two in a situation of a family of 4.

Ooh ok. But it’s so weird that she says it’s because of prob
It’s a condition of travel with certainty P&O that anyone under 16 has to have an adult in their room at all times. Not sure with Iona as it’s so new but the rooms are quite cramped when the sofa or pull down beds have been converted for night though I think there is a considerable price difference by opting for one room than two in a situation of a family of 4.

They will be advertising to families. Post Covid P&O had such negative press /social media postings due to how they handled advertising return to cruising and the need for children to be vaccinated
ah okay that makes more sense about the ages and rooms. Surprised they don’t have a family suite available?

Spoke

VIP Member
The tik tok was a reply to a commenter saying her book was ghost written

She basically just started being really 'sassy' (in her mind probably) and said 'if you have a ghost writer for any of the books YOU have written, thats ok no judgement from me' :rolleyes:
But the whole point is YOU haven’t written the book either

judgeydrudgey

Chatty Member
Well, at least the Disney sponsored trip is definitely on-brand for Louise. I can’t stand when people take on ADs that they would clearly never do themselves. Does this mean every time she goes to Disney in the future, she’ll have to declare that they were a previous ad partner? Or will she slide around that by saying it was Disney UK that sponsored her, not WDW?

I really don’t understand why Disney uses influencers like her. I get it for Disney bloggers, because people actually reference those sites when they book a trip and they could do an #ad talking about something new in the park. But I can’t imagine many people who watch Louise’s YT/IG will think “Wow, I should take a trip to Disney World!” and actually follow through with taking time off, booking the trip, and be able to afford it. Unless they were already looking to take a trip to Disney. Especially since I’m assuming most of her audience is in the UK, so flights are long and expensive.

• Heart

anon1405

Chatty Member
She said it in her draw my life (which I think is now private as it was Matt era) though not sure if she’s said it properly since

anon1405

Chatty Member
😂 I'm not assuming this is traumatising Darcy, it's not a leap to think that an 11yo who loves Disney wouldn't want to miss out on a family trip there. I just don't think a parent should take one child to WDW, regardless of which child it is.
I have none of my issues to project, I just think both kids should get the same and I think its equally unfair when she takes Darcy on trips without Pearl. I don't know why any parent would take just one of their kids away 🤷‍♀️ and she never would have done if she wasn't being paid for it.
except she would if it was Darcy, because she has

• Sad

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Gifted Disney. For fucks sake 😆🥴 is she for real?!

Wasn’t she just posting last week that she wasn’t in a rush to go back because of some changes they’ve made?
Probably said that knowing she had this lined up and thought it’d take the pressure off her a bit

Reactions: 1

MsGilmore

VIP Member
I haven’t seen the stories yet, but she is a contradiction or maybe a mixture of things. Yes she had a difficult childhood but doesn’t now recognise the privilege that she has now. If she is struggling, she can take time off which is much more difficult for those of us who are employed and are not wealthy.
This may be random, but she mentioned yesterday that she used to drive a Mini but not the car that she drives now which I assume is an BMW/Audi/Merc SUV.

Reactions: 1